Thread: [TV] Legion

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    So far it seems good, but to early to tell.

10+ Year Old Account
    First episode was amazing, as in home many pilots were just as good amazing. I could be biased because I like the X-Men. Oh well

Resident Cosplay Progressive

Defiantly a good pilot. See where it goes. Could be a great series

So whats up with Syd's powers, is it a mind swap and then later the bodies swap to the position of the mind or what.
    Last edited by Ilikegreenfire; 2017-02-17 at 08:16 AM.

With the gloves i thought she was Rogue.
    Money talks, bullshit walks..

Is David's 'demon' the Shadow King?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hextor View Post
    Is David's 'demon' the Shadow King?
    That would be my guess. Perhaps leading to something along the lines of the Muir Island saga and possible x-men crossovers.

Quote Originally Posted by Ilikegreenfire View Post
    So whats up with Syd's powers, is it a mind swap and then later the bodies swap to the position of the mind or what.
    Well according to the comics, it's not necessarily a swap as much as him taking control of the mind, and then altering the appearance of the host he's taken control of(which is literally what happens in the show). So he's in the government prison and outside living with his sister at the same time. Hence the name Legion.

His mind is also capable of physically manifesting any of the multiple personalities hidden inside his head. So when he's talking to Aubrey Plaza's character in the show, it's not just his imagination but quite literally her standing in his sister's basement. Now that i think of it, all those people in the asylum...

This show could end up having Inception levels of mind fuckery.

I mean we have no idea who or what is real in the the show right now.

But im pretty sure he was in the gov facility the entire time, and he was just inside his memory's. That's how Syd was able to tell him about the escape, they used the memory guy to talk to him, she even told him it a memory. Syd was the one with the body swap powers, granted she could be one of Davids powered personality projected on a real person but if that were true Mrs Bird wouldn't have kept her. Granted she could be a personality as well. If they are Syd's powers tho i guess it could be as simple as a power and image trade thing, with it eventually reverting.

If its like the comics His personalitys are directly related to his powers, the yellow eyed devil is probably the telekinesis personality as he sees it just about every time he uses that power.

He is definitely hallucinating Lenny but hasn't seemed to attach a power to her yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Demoncrash View Post
    Now that i think of it, all those people in the asylum...
    I understood Syd's apology for killing his friend to mean that she was the only person killed. Everyone else got sealed in their room (and Lenny was trying to get out or not yet in when the wall formed).

Also, we know Amy was in the right place, you could see the people in the background painting/fixing.
    You're not allowed to discuss conspiracy theories on mmo-champion, which makes me wonder what they're trying to hide.

I dont know if you guys have ever been robotrippin before but watching this show while robotripping is an amazing experience i highly recommend
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Oh yea i forgot that his sister comes down when he breaks the lamp and you see Lenny in the reflection of the mirror on the floor so shes's in his mind.

Deleted
    Dan Stevens is such a horrible actor. His mimics are just the lamest, cringiest thing.

'Lenny' probably has no power (other than comic relief/insight), he absorbed her mind when she died.

lenny is the perfect woman
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

15+ Year Old Account
    Another great ep, loving the show atm. I can't help feeling like the woman the main guy loves is either part of his imagination/personality (Mr Robot style) or pretending to love him to get him to work with them.

Caught wind that there is a native actor in the cast, so i'll probably try to check out the episodes on the DVR this weekend.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.
    ==================================

2 great follow up episodes after the pilot. I'm officially committed to this show. Its quirky and creative while being incredibly well made.

After last episode I feel it confirmed David is in fact creating multiple personalities like the villian he created from his childrens book.

And that the yellow eye demon is most likely his powers. And his powers scared him or he saw something when he was younger that made him go into self defense mode.

Either way great show.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Solidito View Post
    I can't help feeling like the woman the main guy loves is either part of his imagination/personality (Mr Robot style) or pretending to love him to get him to work with them.
    Given her name (Syd Barrett; the lead singer/founder of Pink Floyd), the fact that Pink Floyd is pretty much the soundtrack artist for mental illness, and the type of music the show likes to use kind of heavily suggests that she is a figment of his own creation. We've also seen her directly interact with people other than him, too, so she's as real as anyone else.

That said, the real question should be: Is Syd a figment of his imagination that he made real, or is the entire world he's currently only exist within his mind. Considering that altering reality is his main power, it could honestly be either. Right down to giving her a past interwoven with everyone else's, thus explaining why no one else thinks its odd that she's there, too.

My money is on the former.

EDIT: I'm also suspicious about the shadowy foster/step father of his is (since we already know who his real father is). In the close-ups, he looks remarkably like David himself.
    "There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there always has been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through out political and culture life, nutured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.'" —Isaac Asimov

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    I just wonder if they're going to change David's parentage from the comics or if his famous mutant father will make an appearance at some point... and if so who they'd have playing the role.

Sad that Patrick Stewart decided to retire after seeing the masterpiece that Logan turned out to be.

- - - Updated - - -

Not to spoil anything, but yes.

- - - Updated - - -

There's a reason the show is called Legion...
    You're one of those insufferable marvel fanboys that looks down on anyone that hasn't read every comic written by Stan Lee. Yeah no thanks you guys have your marvel thread to circle jerk each other with already. This show isn't just for comic book geeks