Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by belfpala View Post
    Wasn't it? You experienced it.

I like trying to figure out why my mind chose to do that to me. It's a fun game, really.
    is reality real? or is our whole life just a dream that we haven't woken up from?

"Enjoy" isn't the word I'd use. But I don't refer to many dreams as nightmares anymore, they have to be fairly malicious. I mean, I have bad dreams sure but I think I've gone numb to alot of them. Like, some dreams most people would describe as nightmares, I just found interesting and morbid. But then there's ones that are truly horrifying and I wake up like: "Where the HELL did my mind come up with THAT??" Some of those, I'd call nightmares.

Generally, I don't know if you could say you enjoy anything that instills terror or fear. But if you're talking about some of those just morbid and weird ones, yeah, I can see that. Some of them are pretty interesting.

Especially when some of them, you have no basis for and your mind just came up with a completely unique albeit fucked up concept.

Quote Originally Posted by glistermans View Post
    is reality real? or is our whole life just a dream that we haven't woken up from?
    Yes.

/shrug.

Let's all ride the Gish gallop.

Quote Originally Posted by Zakaryy View Post
    Lucid dreams is, you, consciously knowing that you're dreaming.
    That's not exactly scary.

You might be thinking about sleep paralysis? - being awake, unable to move, yet still dreaming/subconsciously hallucinating things around you.
    It's not about it being scary, it's about it overworking your brain and it never feeling like you actually sleep during the days you lucid dream. It's like being awake 24 hours a day.

I'm not thinking of sleep paralysis.
    The Fresh Prince of Baudelaire

Banned at least 10 times. Don't give a fuck, going to keep saying what I want how I want to.

Eat meat. Drink water. Do cardio and burpees. The good life.

Quote Originally Posted by Lemonpartyfan View Post
    Rape fantasies =/= dreams/nightmares.
    Well done on missing the point yet again.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    True, I was just bored and tired but you are correct.

Last edited by Thwart; Today at 05:21 PM. Reason: Infracted for flaming
    Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    millennials were the kids of the 9/11 survivors.

Deleted
    Tend to 'turn' nightmares into lucid dreams.

Either turn into James Bond/Superman/Jedi and have fun.

(Or 'spawn' a Jessica Alba... but that's another thing)
    Last edited by mmoca073264aa8; 2016-07-25 at 12:31 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    I find that if I'm living a large amount of day to day stress, a nightmare makes me feel better mentally. After I wake up that is...

Nightmares can be neat sometimes, but you've never experienced true nightmares until they put you on the wrong antidepressant, and you have nightmares so vivid and terrifying that even years later the memories of them feel like something that actually happened. Do yourself a favor and never take antidepressants, you're better off suffering with your own natural head-problems.

Quote Originally Posted by Damajin View Post
    It's not about it being scary, it's about it overworking your brain and it never feeling like you actually sleep during the days you lucid dream. It's like being awake 24 hours a day.

I'm not thinking of sleep paralysis.
    I dont think that's how it works. While you're lucid dreaming you're still in REM sleep. Shouldnt matter that you're subconscious is practically awake. Could be wrong tho, and it would be nice to see some MRI photos of people in normal sleep vs lucid dreams.

Rarely ever get nightmares. I think I only ever get them is if Im running a high fever while Im asleep.
    And nope, dont ever enjoy them one bit. Not sure how people can enjoy them...

Quote Originally Posted by Wikko View Post
    I dont think that's how it works. While you're lucid dreaming you're still in REM sleep. Shouldnt matter that you're subconscious is practically awake. Could be wrong tho, and it would be nice to see some MRI photos of people in normal sleep vs lucid dreams.
    That's how it works for me, I lucid dream basically every single day of my life. It's not fun, nor particularly restful.
    The Fresh Prince of Baudelaire

Banned at least 10 times. Don't give a fuck, going to keep saying what I want how I want to.

Eat meat. Drink water. Do cardio and burpees. The good life.

10+ Year Old Account
    I generally enjoy them. Makes for an interesting night.
    "Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet.” - General James Mattis

Quote Originally Posted by oxymoronic View Post
    if you want to remember more dreams just be woken up throughout the night. i seem to only remember the dream when i wake up from it.
    Hm, interesting. I've heard writing downs whatever parts of a dream you remember helps too.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lemonpartyfan View Post
    A person can enjoy fright. Thats why we watch scary movies, go to horror houses, etc.
    As someone with anxiety, I don't understand how anyone could possibly enjoy that feeling.

OT: I don't enjoy any dreams, dreamless sleep is what I prefer.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    Intelligence is like four wheel drive, it's not going to make you unstoppable, it just sort of tends to get you stuck in more remote places.
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    If you want to be disgusted, next time you kiss someone remember you've got your mouth on the end of a tube which has shit at the other end, held back by a couple of valves.

My old nightmares no, I could do without having them again. My current melatonin fueled nightmares? Sure, they are just really weird and I remember them vividly.