Thread: WoW IS BACK!!!!

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Deleted
    Funny, my Battle.Net List is still empty and I see absolutely no reason to play right now. Why would you? Its a fucking waste of time!

10+ Year Old Account
    Can't wait to get back into it this week. Been moving and unable to play for the last two months.
    "Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet.” - General James Mattis

Queue's to get onto servers can be a good indicator of overall activity. I have a character on each of the higher population US PvE servers (Area 52 / Stormrage), and haven't seen a queue yet.

/anecdote mode off

Legion might be good for a month or four. Then we can probably expect a sharp dip like WoD (maybe they will prove me wrong, but I doubt it). I might even buy it, if I get a couple months of entertainment out of it, might be worth it. However, it will most likely be like any other game I buy, play it for a few months then shelve it. WoW will never have staying power it once did under the current development scheme. In order to get to a consistent level again, Blizzard will have to return the game to what made it great in the first place, and theres no sign of that on the horizon.

Quote Originally Posted by ro9ue View Post
    My Battle.net list is now full of people on WoW again. People who haven't played since like Cataclysm even. Every server I go on the cities are FULL. Can barely see anything...

Legion HYPE. Blizzard definitely got a lot of people excited for this expansion, lets hope it lives up to it. I'd be willing to bet were at ~10m again like at the start of WoD.
    You know they just added CRZ to capital cities right?

A lot of my friends came back but have stopped playing again, I think gating the entire patch content was a bad idea.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zephre View Post
    A lot of my friends came back but have stopped playing again, I think gating the entire patch content was a bad idea.
    More like, not starting invasions immediately was a bad idea. Heck, maybe adding some scouts to kill in the worlds rather than those silly doomsayers in capital cities.
    MMO player
    WoW: 2006-2020 || EvE: 2013-2020 // 2023- || FFXIV: 2020- || Lost Ark: 2022-

And then everyone will unsub after 6 months like they always do because of lack of current fun content. I mean I want to be optimistic, but until I'm proven otherwise, I'm going to be a bit of a negative nancy about it. They need to push out new content quicker, and make the game more alt friendly. If I unlock the legendary ring for example, I should just be able to buy it on any of my alts for like 5k or something instead of having to go through that bullshit grind again.

Quote Originally Posted by Irefusetodie View Post
    No where near 10 million subs again. Sorry, but it's not going to be even close.
    I seem to recall people saying that about Wod.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Maudib View Post
    Filled with people who miss WoW.
    Most of you people act like Stockholm syndrome victims. It is a fucking video game. Not having fun with it anymore? Move the hell on.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Fummockelchen View Post
    Congrats you are falling like Blizzard wanted to the illusion.
    Just wait and see how "long" your friends will stick around...

That Illusion is because all cities are now CRZ Zones too.....

Id go for 8mill but not higher....

PS: WoW was never gone....
    Players on other realms are still players.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by PeterTheGreat View Post
    Dead means that the game you loved will never return. And it happened many years ago, and every year the corpse of the greatest game moving away from us further and further into infinity. lol
    But you can't move away from this forum / site......

Quote Originally Posted by Foolsname View Post
    Oh man people were hyped when WoD was coming. "It's orcs, it's Grom from WC3, and Gul'dan, sick!". Aaaaaand the let down.
    Wod at launch was fine. The significant issues with Wod weren't evident until a full 2 patches later.

Legion will likely have more retention than WoD did simply because it's far and above the quality of WoD. What will #'s be? Who knows, I'll be having fun though so I don't care.

10+ Year Old Account
    There does seem to be alot of people playing again in anticipation of legion. The question is how many can they keep throughout the expansion...

that will come down to the quality of the expansion, and so far it looks pretty O.K.
    Hi

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shot89 View Post
    But you can't move away from this forum / site......
    OFC I cant. In fact, I can't leave the game too, have to find a decent pirate server to play from time to time. But that's not quite what I really want.
    The point is that the current game rests on its own success from the past. But all that is presently happening is a complete failure.

I was unaware that WoW ever left.

10+ Year Old Account
    OP, I salute your optimism and am sorry you posted it on a forum that rewards pessimism over anything else.
    Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    Gold and the 'need' for it in-game is easily one of the most overblown mindsets in this community.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of the mighty moose, polar bears and fika.
    Quote Originally Posted by Anjerith View Post
    OP, I salute your optimism and am sorry you posted it on a forum that rewards pessimism over anything else.
    Who will be the 50th person to tell him about city CRZ, I wonder.

This forum is godawful to positive, cheerful threads, seemingly large population of bitter players that can't seem to quit even though they've apparently hated the game since BC or LK has to chime in every time to spew all over it. Pretty sad.
    Active WoW player Jan 2006 - Aug 2020
    Occasional WoW Classic Andy since.
    Nothing lasts forever, as they say.
    But at least I can casually play Classic and remember when MMORPGs were good.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ejpaints View Post
    Legion will likely have more retention than WoD did simply because it's far and above the quality of WoD. What will #'s be? Who knows, I'll be having fun though so I don't care.
    In what regard? WoD had a great start, it only got bad later on. Some people are already bitter about the pre-patch, prune and other stuff.
    Content drought is a combination of catchup mechanics and no new content.

Quote Originally Posted by MasterHamster View Post
    Who will be the 50th person to tell him about city CRZ, I wonder.

This forum is godawful to positive, cheerful threads, seemingly large population of bitter players that can't seem to quit even though they've apparently hated the game since BC or LK has to chime in every time to spew all over it. Pretty sad.
    You obviously missed this in his post:

Quote Originally Posted by ro9ue View Post
    My Battle.net list is now full of people on WoW again. People who haven't played since like Cataclysm even.
    No one is bitter at the start of an expansion. Everyone is hopeful. The bitterness comes later.

For the record. I wasn't hyped for MoP or WoD. I thought those were shit from their very announcement.

Legion is diff.