Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by emml View Post

Facts:
    27 years old syrian, came to germany two years ago. Seeked asylum but was denied a year ago. Since then he lived as a guest in Germany, as our law currently prevents sending people back into countries that are affected by war, as Syria currently is. The man already got several problems with the police, including drugs and two suicide attempts.

He tried to enter and bomb a music festival inside the old town of Ansbach, roughly 2.500 visitors at this time. He was denied at the entrance because he had no ticket and then detonated the bomb at a nearby cafe / restaurant. No other people besides him dead, 12 wounded, three of them heavily but will survive.
    Yep this is what the news says here also, did the police know it was a bomb from the start ? maybe but it was a good call to tone it down from the start and say it likely was a gas leak, to prevent mass panic. and they did say it was a bomb pretty fast after.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Drungan View Post
    Yep this is what the news says here also, did the police know it was a bomb from the start ? maybe but it was a good call to tone it down from the start and say it likely was a gas leak, to prevent mass panic. and they did say it was a bomb pretty fast after.
    They knew it quite fast as a gas leak would have damaged buildings and regular police was around because of the general security at the music festival. They were at sight after seconds and there can literally no damage be seen outside or inside the buildings.

But: there are several patterns / protocols that start running for police, firefighters and ambulances when someone does an emergency call and it is nothing as common as an car accident. Gas leak / explosion is one of those "protocols" which first of all ensures a proper amount of police / firefighters / emergency doctors getting alarmed and a certain radius is evacuated. We have had a detonated bomb from WWII here around a couple of years ago and the first initial alarm was "Gas Leak / Explosion" as well. That are just patterns those people are trained for and evacuating a larger radius is totally fine no matter if it was an actual gas leak or something else that exploded.
    Last edited by emml; 2016-07-25 at 07:38 AM. Reason: typo

Quote Originally Posted by emml View Post
    But: there are several patterns / protocols that start running for police, firefighters and ambulances when someone does an emergency call and it is nothing as common as an car accident. Gas leak / explosion is one of those "protocols" which first of all ensures a proper amount of police / firefighters / emergency doctors getting alarmed and a certain radius is evacuated. We have had a detonated bomb from WWII here around a couple of years ago and the first initial alarm was "Gas Leak / Explosion" as well. That are just patterns those people are trained for and evacuating a larger radius is totally fine no matter if it was an actual gas leak or something else that exploded.
    Did they consider multiple suicide bombers when making those protocols?

Setting off a bomb, and then waiting for people to group up and setting off a suicide bomb in that group is a tactic that some have used (IRL as well). A WWII-bomb or gas leak doesn't plan like that.

Quote Originally Posted by deepr View Post
    Fuck Syria and the whole Middle East. Their shit spreads like a plague across the globe.
    Yep, imagine if the Middle East was left alone in the first place. We reap what we sow. That's the cold hard truth.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vilendor View Post
    Another terror attack, another thread full with regressive liberals defending, whitewashing and relativizeing the terrorist and his actions jut because of his religion and skin color... White Christian and Atheist Lives Matter!

STOP SUPPORTING TERRORISM JUST TO PROTECT MUSLIMS AND MIDDLE-EASTERN PEOPLE FROM VALID CRITICISM AND CONSEQUENCES!
    This ^^ /10char

10+ Year Old Account
    Killed only himself! LUL

Quote Originally Posted by Majestic12 View Post
    Yep, imagine if the Middle East was left alone in the first place. We reap what we sow. That's the cold hard truth.
    That would also mean no immigration and asylum seekers. YAY!

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Forogil View Post
    Did they consider multiple suicide bombers when making those protocols?

Setting off a bomb, and then waiting for people to group up and setting off a suicide bomb in that group is a tactic that some have used (IRL as well). A WWII-bomb or gas leak doesn't plan like that.
    I believe this has to be adjusted now. You see, there are living 40,000 people in Ansbach. Very rural, a ridiculously low unemployment, suicide or crime rate in general. The heck, we are dealing with burning tractors, escaped cows and a neighbors apple tree violating a border the whole year. I feel like this is part of the bigger "shock" - people always felt save because it is so small. Big crimes used to happen in big cities.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Crackleslap View Post
    Killed only himself! LUL
    Good bad enough he hurt 12.

- - - Updated - - -

You know nothing of History.

There were similar wars before the West get involved in the ME (the Sunni/Shia divide is about 1400 years old), and one African country was practically not colonized - it's not a shining beacon of hope.

Or do you mean that without western influence the Middle East would be more sparsely populate, the people poorer, and their technology less advanced - and thus they wouldn't get to Europe - and anyway be less able to kill?

Deleted
    Ya, that pregnant Polish girl and the music festival visitors sure got what they deserved the last few days. Disgusting.

Must have been one of those mega-nazis, or ultra-nazis? Can't remember..

Quote Originally Posted by zorkuus View Post
    That would also mean no immigration and asylum seekers. YAY!
    Well, "no immigration" is an overstatement, but it'd be significantly less yes.

Quote Originally Posted by Forogil View Post
    There were similar wars before the West get involved in the ME (the Sunni/Shia divide is about 1400 years old), and one African country was practically not colonized - it's not a shining beacon of hope.

Or do you mean that without western influence the Middle East would be more sparsely populate, the people poorer, and their technology less advanced - and thus they wouldn't get to Europe - and anyway be less able to kill?
    Wars, yes, but they kept each other in check. Especially Iran and Iraq. They had no reason or incentive to go to the West to cause terror like they do now. There's been fewer Iranis than Iraqis but you get the picture. Syria also was stable and now they're spilling all over the world, radicalized or not.

Quote Originally Posted by thevoicefromwithin View Post
    Ya, that pregnant Polish girl and the music festival visitors sure got what they deserved the last few days. Disgusting.
    Citizens don't deserve anything. The ones responsible for destabilizing the ME are Western governments. Or, I should say the US of A and George Bush. It's too late to undo it all now, but the blame rests where it does and the world knows it to be factually true. "Patriots" and apologists will sometimes deny it, they're part of the problem. Bush et al should be ashamed of what they've caused every time they read about the West being a target. They unleashed something that nobody can control.

I hope Trump wins in November.
    Last edited by Majestic12; 2016-07-25 at 08:27 AM.

Honestly, whilst I'm sure a salty remainer or other will try and rebuke me, after this last week, It solidifies to me that the UK was right to vote out. any step, no matter how small that can be taken to stop this crap happening in the UK is a good one. hopefully the rest of the world will wake up and take notice to what is happening infront of them.

my sympathies for all the germans etc who are suffering through this.
    "There are no substitutes for violence of action and volume of fire. Move forward and shoot, always forward and shooting. The enemy will choose to fight and die or live and run either way move forward and shoot and he will fear you absolutely."
    - Otto Skoernzy

From a guy that puts a skorzeny (he was a top nazi , ss colonel, in special forces, famous for rescuing benito mussolini from prison) citate in his sig and is unable to write his name correctly?

U sir, are the last person any german needs sympathy from. Mfg someone from Germany.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Holofernes View Post
    From a guy that puts a skorzeny (he was a top nazi , ss colonel, in special forces, famous for rescuing benito mussolini from prison) citate in his sig and is unable to write his name correctly?

U sir, are the last person any german needs sympathy from. Mfg someone from Germany.
    ^this and I want to add: it is kind of ridiculous that we are debating on an international site from all over the world but people still believe, problems won't affect (/can be solved) them anymore because of regional borders and decisions.

You my fellow gamers should know better than anyone else, that we are living no longer in countries but on one globe. And you just can't simply pick the parts you enjoy but neglect the problems.

It was a syrian immigrant that blew himself up since he didnt get into a concert.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    In other countries like Canada the population has chosen to believe in hope, peace and tolerance. This we can see from the election of the Honourable Justin Trudeau who stood against the politics of hate and divisiveness.

Quote Originally Posted by Raldazzar View Post
    Honestly, whilst I'm sure a salty remainer or other will try and rebuke me, after this last week, It solidifies to me that the UK was right to vote out. any step, no matter how small that can be taken to stop this crap happening in the UK is a good one. hopefully the rest of the world will wake up and take notice to what is happening infront of them.

my sympathies for all the germans etc who are suffering through this.
    Why doesnt merkel step down already? She is a disgrace to the civilized world. She is a traitor to the western world.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Shibito View Post
    It was a syrian immigrant that blew himself up since he didnt get into a concert.
    He wanted to blow himself up inside the concert, luckily he was denied entry or the death toll would be much worse.

Quote Originally Posted by Shibito View Post
    How did he know they won't let him into the concert that he brought the explosives with him?
    I know the feeling, im ALWAYS carrying explosives "just in case"...

I like lefti logic, I really do.

Maybe (just maybe) he wanted to blow himself INSIDE the concert and kill as many as possible for his one way ticket to heaven? Na that can't be it. He is a muslim and its the religion of peace after all.

At some point European will understand: your lives as you knew them are gone and they won't be back, get used to it.
    Quote Originally Posted by MeHMeH View Post
    The people you are calling "terrorists" are in fact "freedom-fighters", no amount of stabbings is going to change this.

Ye gods, I am glad to be in Japan right now. The whole world seems to have gone insane in 2016.