Page 1 of 12
... LastLast

Hillary Clinton welcomes Wasserman-Schultz to campaign as ‘honorary chair’

N commentator Donna Brazile will suspend her ties with the news network as she takes the reins of the Democratic National Committee after the resignation of Rep. Debbie Wasserman-Schultz.

Politico quoted a CNN spokeswoman, who said via email on Sunday, “With news of Donna Brazile stepping in as interim chair for the Democratic National Committee, CNN and Brazile have mutually agreed to temporarily suspend her contract as a contributor for the network effective immediately. As a valued voice and commentator, CNN will revisit the contract once Brazile concludes her role.”

Brazile will serve as acting DNC chair until a permanent replacement for Wasserman-Schutlz can be selected.

Meanwhile the Clinton campaign released a statement welcoming the ousted DNC chair as an “honorary chair” of her 2016 campaign.

“There’s simply no one better at taking the fight to the Republicans than Debbie,” Clinton said, “which is why I am glad that she has agreed to serve as honorary chair of my campaign’s 50-state program to gain ground and elect Democrats in every part of the country, and will continue to serve as a surrogate for my campaign nationally, in Florida, and in other key states.”

In a statement of her own, Wasserman-Schultz said, “I know that electing Hillary Clinton as our next president is critical for America’s future. I look forward to serving as a surrogate for her campaign in Florida and across the country to ensure her victory. Going forward, the best way for me to accomplish those goals is to step down as Party Chair at the end of this convention.”

The warm relations between Clinton, her staff and Wasserman-Schultz will likely be seen as a poke in the eye to progressives in the Democratic Party, who have long objected to the Florida congresswoman’s close relationship with payday lenders and other policies.

A group of emails hacked from DNC servers and released by Wikileaks painted an unflattering portrait of Wasserman-Schultz’s machinations to undermine the campaign of Vermont Sen. Bernie Sanders. Now, the campaign and some cyber experts say that they have traced the hacks to Russian sources.

http://www.rawstory.com/2016/07/hill...onorary-chair/

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Why don't you just say what you want to say instead of posting this passive aggressive bullshit?

"I hate Hillary and neither facts nor logic will ever, ever dissuade me of that opinion."

Edited to strike out - I posted in the wrong thread somehow (well, not "somehow", I just fucked up basically ). Keeping post in so followups make sense.
    Last edited by cubby; 2016-07-25 at 04:36 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    Why don't you just say what you want to say instead of posting this passive aggressive bullshit?

"I hate Hillary and neither facts nor logic will ever, ever dissuade me of that opinion."
    What fact or logic am I missing in this article?

Deleted
    And people kept, and still keep saying that there's no collusion, no corruption, that the primaries were "fair and square". Wonder if all of this is going to affect Hillary's poll numbers.

Quote Originally Posted by Sydänyö View Post
    And people kept, and still keep saying that there's no collusion, no corruption, that the primaries were "fair and square". Wonder if all of this is going to affect Hillary's poll numbers.
    Never been for either side... What else is new?
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    True, I was just bored and tired but you are correct.

Last edited by Thwart; Today at 05:21 PM. Reason: Infracted for flaming
    Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    millennials were the kids of the 9/11 survivors.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lockedout View Post
    What fact or logic am I missing in this article?
    None, I'm not sure how this happened - but I posted in the wrong thread. My apologies.

Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post

Edit - I see your post above. I deleted my message. Sorry.

The Unstoppable Force Theodarzna's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Don't worry, see..... errrrrr...... Have you heard that Trump is a bad man?!?!?!?!?!?!?!? OMFG TRUMP!?!?!? RIGHT?!?!?!?!?! TRRRUUUMMMMPPPPPPPP

Also if you don't obediently love Clinton your in bed with Putin!
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    i think I have my posse filled out now. Mars is Theo, Jupiter is Vanyali, Linadra is Venus, and Heather is Mercury. Dragon can be Pluto.
    On MMO-C we learn that Anti-Fascism is locking arms with corporations, the State Department and agreeing with the CIA, But opposing the CIA and corporate America, and thinking Jews have a right to buy land and can expect tenants to pay rent THAT is ultra-Fash Nazism. Bellingcat is an MI6/CIA cut out. Clyburn Truther.

No good deed should get punished?

10+ Year Old Account
    *throws in the towel* I can't get behind this level of idiocy from Clinton.

Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    Don't worry, see..... errrrrr...... Have you heard that Trump is a bad man?!?!?!?!?!?!?!? OMFG TRUMP!?!?!? RIGHT?!?!?!?!?! TRRRUUUMMMMPPPPPPPP

Also if you don't obediently love Clinton your in bed with Putin!
    I expect the usual people to jump in here and say this whole song and dance...

'Trump is worse, who cares what the Dems do!!!"

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lemonpartyfan View Post

Heres the thing, we know Hillary is corrupt and gets away with these kinds of things, Trump? I don't know, hes a wild card. I feel like he wants it just for his ego, I think I might rather him than Hillary.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

The Unstoppable Force Theodarzna's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lemonpartyfan View Post

Already in progress with the DNC Leak.

- - - Updated - - -

*throws in the towel* I can't get behind this level of idiocy from Clinton.
    ...... Bring back the Moon Kingdom, Make the Moon Great Again..... it must be done. :3
    i think I have my posse filled out now. Mars is Theo, Jupiter is Vanyali, Linadra is Venus, and Heather is Mercury. Dragon can be Pluto.
    On MMO-C we learn that Anti-Fascism is locking arms with corporations, the State Department and agreeing with the CIA, But opposing the CIA and corporate America, and thinking Jews have a right to buy land and can expect tenants to pay rent THAT is ultra-Fash Nazism. Bellingcat is an MI6/CIA cut out. Clyburn Truther.

10+ Year Old Account
    She wasn't fit to preside over the entire party, doesn't mean that she isn't a valuable asset.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

15+ Year Old Account
    Life is stranger than fiction.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

What the fuck does that even mean? What the hell is the role of an "honorary chair"? Why would she bother doing that instead of distancing herself from the situation?

I'm tired of both Trump and Clinton at this point. Wake me up when this shitty election season is over.

Quote Originally Posted by pacox View Post
    She wasn't fit to preside over the entire party, doesn't mean that she isn't a valuable asset.
    Oh she is definitely valuable. Valuable to criminal clinton. I may not have liked Bernie Sanders but how can people be ok with this? The entire DNC is corrupt and was going to do anything to get their empress. And if people don't think Clinton knew about they are naive. In 2008 Clinton knew she would be on the 2016 ticket and nobody was going to get in her way

If you don't want Hillary to win, vote for Trump. Similarly, if you don't want Trump to win, vote for Hillary. Pretty much as simple as it gets.
    Quote Originally Posted by blobbydan View Post
    We're all doomed. Let these retards shuffle the chairs on the titanic. They can die in a safe space if they want to... Whatever. What a miserable joke this life is. I can't wait until it's all finally over and I can return to the sweet oblivion of the void.

it's so in the face... fuckin A I'm not losing any sleep not voting this year.

Incredibly tone-deaf move. I have trouble believing she doesn't know it, which I guess means it's nothing but pure arrogance.
    “Nostalgia was like a disease, one that crept in and stole the colour from the world and the time you lived in. Made for bitter people. Dangerous people, when they wanted back what never was.” -- Steven Erikson, The Crippled God