10+ Year Old Account

Started playing Blood again and have some questions/comments.

OK, so I started playing again after the patch like most people. I originally wanted to go BrM for Legion, but after playing BrM/BDK/Prot War for a bit, I decided that BrM was total shit (not in terms of power, but in terms of abilities. They just weren't as fun as BDK or Prot War to play).

The main reason why I wanted to go BrM over BDK was mobility. But I found Wraith Form (along with its talent) to be good enough tank mobility for most fights on most raids.

Just have a few comments and questions on their abilities:

OK, first question... So Death's Caress... WTF is it for? Can't be for pulling since we can just use DG or taunt that doesn't cost a rune to use. Can't be for applying Blood Plague because we have Blood Boil for that which does more damage and again, doesn't cost a rune. The ONLY reason why I'd think ANYONE would use it is if they get the Soulgorge talent, which is shit (except maybe for dungeon farming) anyway. And at any rate, adding an entire ability just for 1 optional talent is just stupid. I'd suggest to Blizz that they remove the rune cost, slap a 10/15s CD on it and just leave it as a pull damage attack. Or better yet, redesign it as an actual useful ability.

Second question, where's our damage reduction OH SHIT CD? We appear to be the only tank without one now. Is DRW supposed to be our long CD OH SHIT button now? If so, it's not very good. It's too RNG for my taste than just a flat damage reduction. I like that VB is on a short CD, but it's still not really as good as a trusty flat damage reduction ability that every other tank gets. Warriors in particular are looking REALLY good as they are getting a AMS that works on every damage, a block on short CD, Last Stand for more HP, VR 30% heal on 15s CD, and they still get to keep Shield Wall. Prot Wars are looking pretty good as far as defensive ability arsenal looks.

Also, did they nerf Blood Shield mastery? It looks very week now.

On a side note, I like Wraith Form... It's a much needed add on and it looks like they baked IBF's stun break into it if you get the talent.

OK, final comment, Gorefiend's Grasp is so shit as a 3m CD. Why put it on such a long CD, it's not even that great, especially with that weak ass 20 yard range. It's a 1m cooldown at best (and have the talent reduce it to 30s).
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama

Can't answer any of the above but you're comparing non max level characters in what is essentially legion already. You're missing artifacts which changes how the specs play a lot. Entire abilities are missing. Everything is designed around and tuned for 110 and artifacts without the ability to do either.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lansworthy
    Deathwing will come and go RAWR RAWR IM A DWAGON
    Quote Originally Posted by DirtyCasual View Post
    There's no point in saying this, even if you slap them upside down and inside out with the truth, the tin foil hat brigade will continue to believe the opposite.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cerus View Post
    Can't answer any of the above but you're comparing non max level characters in what is essentially legion already. You're missing artifacts which changes how the specs play a lot. Entire abilities are missing. Everything is designed around and tuned for 110 and artifacts without the ability to do either.
    I understand that, but level 100 gives you access to like 90% of their abilities which I think is enough to give you an overall impression of the class. Did NOT dig the Monk's healing orbs mechanic at all. Having to move on top of the orbs to heal yourself as just stupid, especially in a fight that requires you to be at a certain place or move around a lot. I much prefer the Marrowind/HS/Blood Boil rotation than the Monk's Keg Smash/Blackout Strike/Tiger Palm and prefer Rune/Runic resource over boring Energy (they removed our Chi resource, so now Monks are basically Rogues without CP, so dumb).
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain

So, in order of asking:

1. Death's Caress is something I have on my click bar next to my food for the exceedingly rare time where i want to precision pull something and not the groups nearby, but I have yet to need that precision, so it is really pointless currently.

2. Depending on what talent you took at the lvl 60 tier, we have what is basically a supercharged Last Stand in VB, on a significantly shorter CD. If you take Red Thirst at lvl 60, the CD averages to ~1 minute, since every DS takes at least 8s off the cd.

And yes, Blood Shield is significantly weaker than it has been in the past.

Wraith Walk doesn't "break" stuns, it just suppresses them until the duration of walk ends, at which point they resume their effect.

As for GG, it is a very unique ability, that only has one "cousin" in the Sigil of Chains for Demon Hunters. It is very effective at consolidating groups. I think Blizz doesn't want it available every pull, which explains the long CD.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimnarthoros View Post
    So, in order of asking:

1. Death's Caress is something I have on my click bar next to my food for the exceedingly rare time where i want to precision pull something and not the groups nearby, but I have yet to need that precision, so it is really pointless currently.

2. Depending on what talent you took at the lvl 60 tier, we have what is basically a supercharged Last Stand in VB, on a significantly shorter CD. If you take Red Thirst at lvl 60, the CD averages to ~1 minute, since every DS takes at least 8s off the cd.

And yes, Blood Shield is significantly weaker than it has been in the past.

Wraith Walk doesn't "break" stuns, it just suppresses them until the duration of walk ends, at which point they resume their effect.

As for GG, it is a very unique ability, that only has one "cousin" in the Sigil of Chains for Demon Hunters. It is very effective at consolidating groups. I think Blizz doesn't want it available every pull, which explains the long CD.
    Actually, Wraith Form does indeed break stuns/roots/snares WITH the talent. Which is the best level 75 tier talent IMO.

Just checked out Sigil of Chains and it looks to be a better version of GG (it 70% aoe snares as well) on a shorter CD. HMMMMM
    Last edited by Saverem; 2016-07-25 at 04:36 AM.

You are right, I just think that entire tier is a personal preference pick, as none of the talents really effect our survivability in any meaningful way.

Yes, TBM is good to slow the damage intake a bit, but it's own icd makes it a stopgap at best, while MotD is good for breaking stuns and other cc effects, but that is it. I dont find myself stunned often enough for it to be worth more than the ability to get all of my targets into my DnD for big HS hits.

As for sigil, it has an effective range of ~10 yds, plus a delay. And TG has that snare effect attached to DnD.
    Last edited by Grimnarthoros; 2016-07-25 at 04:40 AM.

Blood Plague heals the DK now and Blood Boil is only 10y so there are situations where Death's Caress comes in handy to DoT a distant add (provided that BP can get enough ticks in to out-damage one Heart Strike)