Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Some people would gladly drink poison if a fucking Democrat politician asked them to
    PROUD TO BE CALLED A CONSPIRACY THEORIST

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by JacquesPierre View Post
    Just goes to show how clueless you are. It is an extraordinarily MEANINGFUL number. Just because you don't know why doesn't mean it isn't true. And what exactly have the democrats handled that is better than what the republicans have done. Give one single specific. I dare you.
    It's meaningful in the sense that it's useful to scare people into voting for foolish austerity measures. Debt isn't the same for countries as it is for you and I on a credit card; nor is the current debt 'crippling' considering it's barely at the level of 100% GDP per annum.

The past two economic cycles where the Democrats managed to bail out Republican mismanagement is demonstrative enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post
    It's meaningful in the sense that it's useful to scare people into voting for foolish austerity measures. Debt isn't the same for countries as it is for you and I on a credit card; nor is the current debt 'crippling' considering it's barely at the level of 100% GDP per annum.

The past two economic cycles where the Democrats managed to bail out Republican mismanagement is demonstrative enough.
    It's like talking to a brick wall. Scratch that, a wall can echo... its like talking to a puppet, and the puppeteer is Hillary herself

What do you mean Hillary conspired to undermine democracy!? She didnt do nuffin! She was just fighting the good fight, need mo money for dem foundations

The last time our debt to GDP was anywhere near this high was the end of a fucking World War.

http://www.usdebtclock.org/
    PROUD TO BE CALLED A CONSPIRACY THEORIST

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Foosha View Post
    It's like talking to a brick wall. Scratch that, a wall can echo... its like talking to a puppet, and the puppeteer is Hillary herself

What do you mean Hillary conspired to undermine democracy!? She didnt do nuffin! She was just fighting the good fight, need mo money for dem foundations
    The United States isn't a democracy, nor is the party nomination process.

You must be new to politics, so I'll elaborate; the party nomination process isn't designed to nominate the most popular candidate. It's designed to weed out the extremists and demagogues like, say, Ben Carson, or Jill Stein, or Ralph Nader.

Quote Originally Posted by I Push Buttons View Post
    You ever notice the cycle of our economy related to who's in charge?

Republicans take office, cut taxes, don't cut spending (because they're pussies and cutting shit looks bad), run huge deficits, cause recessions, etc.
    Democrats take office, raise taxes, run huge deficits recovering from recessions, start to taper off deficit spending as the economy recovers/tax revenue goes up with their increases in taxes.
    AND then Republicans take office again, cut taxes, don't cut spending, run huge deficits, etc...
    This is a complete caricature I won't waste my time cutting down. Show me proof that recessions are caused by republicans and fixed by democrats. I won't hold my breath.

I will point this out though.

Nationals debt at start of Obama - $10,024,724,896,912.49

national debt today even though he isn't done yet - $19,391,704,027,667.12

http://www.polidiotic.com/by-the-num...-debt-by-year/

If you think that doesn't have a real world consequence you are a fool. Nearly doubled in under 8 years.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Oktoberfest View Post
    The last time our debt to GDP was anywhere near this high was the end of a fucking World War.

http://www.usdebtclock.org/
    Right, and exactly which party was it that cut taxes while taking the country to not one but two wars in the Middle East.

Because, again, she is a Democrat. And an able politician.
    Exactly. The only proof that you have for her being a worthy candidate is that she is a democrat (not proof) and that in your opinion she is good at her job, which again, you are unable to provide evidence for.

10+ Year Old Account
    If you think that doesn't have a real world consequence you are a fool. Nearly doubled in under 8 years.
    The debt to GDP ratio has actually leveled off, point in fact.

You have no idea what you are talking about. It is actually scary that people such as yourself have been brainwashed to not see how big of a deal this is. And we aren't even talking about the 10s of trillions in unfunded social security liabilities.

7+ Year Old Account
    It'll mean absolutely nothing, basically.
    Apparently not! http://www.nbcnews.com/storyline/201...ors_picks=true

10+ Year Old Account
    Exactly. The only proof that you have for her being a worthy candidate is that she is a democrat (not proof) and that in your opinion she is good at her job, which again, you are unable to provide evidence for.
    Exactly why does my voting for her demonstrate I think she's a worthy candidate?

The Presidency doesn't exist in a vacuum; I'm much more concerned with keeping the GOP out of executive power.

The debt to GDP ratio has actually leveled off, point in fact.
    This is not as valuable a metric as you clearly think it is. The increase in GDP is completely artificial owing to the massive debt increase. They made over a hundred trillion worth in new money. No shit the GDP went up. Maybe we should just do it again and then the GDP will go up more, and we will all be richer!

10+ Year Old Account
    You have no idea what you are talking about. It is actually scary that people such as yourself have been brainwashed to not see how big of a deal this is. And we aren't even talking about the 10s of trillions in unfunded social security liabilities.
    Primarily because I understand that we can just raise taxes to compensate.

And hey, if you don't like Social Security then I have a much better scheme to cover retirement costs.

10+ Year Old Account
    Its quite hilarious how none of the several of you have provided any evidence of any claim you have made...

You all just repeated say he's wrong and do absolutely nothing to disprove him OR prove your own point.

Right, and exactly which party was it that cut taxes while taking the country to not one but two wars in the Middle East.
    Who was it who created the subprime market for housing? Who was it who caused a recession to turn into the Great Depression? Here is a hint. Both were democrats.

I'd vote for Mickey Mouse over giving the Republicans control of the White House.
    Which I think sums up nicely why total partisan thinking leads to poor judgements.
    I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh

10+ Year Old Account
    This is not as valuable a metric as you clearly think it is. The increase in GDP is completely artificial owing to the massive debt increase. They made over a hundred trillion worth in new money. No shit the GDP went up. Maybe we should just do it again and then the GDP will go up more, and we will all be richer!
    Considering the Federal Reserve's monetization scheme is one of the few things keeping the economy afloat in the absence of good fiscal policy, I'm not unduly worried about where the increases in GDP come from. And given that GDP is in large part representative of the ability to pay back the debt, the debt to GDP ratio is by and far the most important metric.

'But muh inflation' - we're actually having a difficult time stopping the currency from deflating, so thank god for monetary policy.

- - - Updated - - -

Who was it who created the subprime market for housing? Who was it who caused a recession to turn into the Great Depression? Here is a hint. Both were democrats.
    "FDR caused the Great Depression" - people still believe this bullshit?

Exactly why does my voting for her demonstrate I think she's a worthy candidate?

The Presidency doesn't exist in a vacuum; I'm much more concerned with keeping the GOP out of executive power.
    I can't tell if you're actually a moron or being extremely obtuse on purpose. You make these wild claims about how she is a significantly better candidate, how she is a wonderful politician, and you can't even provide one example of something she has done to support your claim. And I bet you think people who believe in god are aggravatingly stupid, and don't even see the irony.

- - - Updated - - -

Primarily because I understand that we can just raise taxes to compensate.

And hey, if you don't like Social Security then I have a much better scheme to cover retirement costs.
    You actually can't just raise taxes to compensate. You don't "understand" anything. This is very clear.

10+ Year Old Account
    Republicans and their constant push to never regulate shadow banking.