Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by ABEEnr2 View Post
    umm No, Many none muslim people have read it and they didnt become muslim but other found it something and they converted.
    Like I said you wont know this until its too late unless you get baptized again.

Quote Originally Posted by advanta View Post
    It is the same God. You've never actually read it have you?
    He says it reads the same way...

Do you not find that utterly baffling?

There is nothing negative in the Quran that isn't also in the christian bible or jewish torah.

Quote Originally Posted by Daish View Post
    "Muslims" can't

everyone else can
    Actually the amount of Muslims who believe depicting the prophet is forbidden is relatively small. Many Muslims actually have pictures of Mohammed in their homes.

Quote Originally Posted by primalmatter View Post

It does read the same way, because they speak about many of the same people, tales.

Deleted

What I find baffling is you and your uninformed religous bigotry. Generally speaking when people don't know about something they don't sound off loudly about it.

Your god is your god, my god is my god. Believe whichever one you want to believe, we have freedom of religion.

10+ Year Old Account
    What do you mean by "defending" Quran? Defending from what? Someone is going to burn Quran at the central square in Paris, and someone else is defending the book with their life?
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.
    Thanks for the avatar goes to Carbot Animations and Sy.

It claims that it is the same God as in the bible - similarly as Jesus claimed that the new Testament God is the same as the Old Testament God. Jews and Christians don't agree with those claims.

Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    Your god is your god, my god is my god. Believe whichever one you want to believe, we have freedom of religion.
    And Muslims and Christians happen to believe in the same God.

Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    And how many times have teachers tried to do the same bullshit with the Bible?
    Pretty much every Religious Education lesson, having a devout Christian teach you about the bible as an actual GCSE (UK thing) course that you had to take. No mention of other religions at all, which is a shame, as I'd probably have enjoyed questioning those views as much as I did the Bible's view.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Netherspark View Post
    Actually the amount of Muslims who believe depicting the prophet is forbidden is relatively small. Many Muslims actually have pictures of Mohammed in their homes.
    Some Muslims are more progressive than Christians.

The reactionary stuff is more to do with growing up in harsh enviroments where strict social codes are necessary for survival. A few generations in a liberal democracy and they become like western catholics, paying lip service to stuff in a mosque but otherwise essentially the same as everyone else.

Why is it so important for you to have my approval on your opinion?. My god rejects evil, evil cannot even get close to my god. My god also doesnt lie, and doesnt allow lies.

Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    So it's a book.

And people that have learned about it also tell contradicting stuff. It's almost as if people aren't as pious as they pretend to be.
    Who the fuck cares that it hasn't changed? That's not what we are discussing here, keep on-topic.

You haven't disproven anything I said, so where are the misconceptions?

Ok yes, it is a book.

People who study and learned the book can contradict themselves as much as they want. The Quran just tells you that if you do not fully understand something, ask the people who know about it.

It also tells you to double check what you learn.

I also stated that it has not been changed because the point I am trying to make is that every other book has been added to and removed from as the followers saw fit.

Topic is why we are defending the Quran, correct?
    Me stating that the Quran has not been changed is why I believe in it.

People have tried to edit and play with the Quran, but people have it memorized from cover to cover so it's not as easy to publish a fake Quran and have it thrown around without anyone noticing, which is what is happening to the bible right now.

Deleted
    Why is it so important for you to have my approval on your opinion?.
    Perhaps he wants to talk you out of being the next Breivik.

Quote Originally Posted by Master of Coins View Post
    What is utterly maddening to me is the lack of RL experiences muslim-haters have with muslims.

I know plenty of completely moderate / barely-religious muslims.

Every single religious text in the world calls for the murder and rape and enslavement of 'infidels'. Some of them also call for the notching of ears and castration of men who divorce their wives or who steal their neighbours oxen.
    Citation needed.

Why is it so important for you to have my approval on your opinion?.
    I don't need your approval for anything. I'm merely stating that Christians and Muslims (and Jews) worship the same God.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Demonthor View Post
    Ok yes, it is a book.

People who study and learned the book can contradict themselves as much as they want. The Quran just tells you that if you do not fully understand something, ask the people who know about it.

It also tells you to double check what you learn.

I also stated that it has not been changed because the point I am trying to make is that every other book has been added to and removed from as the followers saw fit.

Topic is why we are defending the Quran, correct?
    Me stating that the Quran has not been changed is why I believe in it.

People have tried to edit and play with the Quran, but people have it memorized from cover to cover so it's not as easy to publish a fake Quran and have it thrown around without anyone noticing, which is what is happening to the bible right now.
    Just because it hasn't been changed as many times as other books, does not make its pages more valid.

Nope. Muslims claim that their God is the same as the Christian God. The Christians claim that their God is the same as the OT God. Christians disagree with the first claim, Jews disagree with both claims.

I don't need your approval for anything. I'm merely stating that Christians and Muslims (and Jews) worship the same God.

- - - Updated - - -

Just because it hasn't been changed as many times as other books, does not make its pages more valid.

If I change your quote multiple times as I see fit, can I still call it a quote?

kwəʊt/Submit
    verb
    repeat or copy out (words from a text or speech written or spoken by another person).

That's the point I'm trying to make.

When you change a religious book as much as the bible has been changed, you really can't call it a bible anymore. It's hundreds of additions and removals and versions upon versions that you can't find the truth in it anymore.

You can continue to believe anything you want as long as people are free to criticize however they like. I don't see anything wrong with people defending all these holy books without reading it as long as other people can call them out on it.

The thing is people get very sensitive when it comes to religions more so than any other types of ideologies thus making it so that you must "respect" others's religious beliefs but somehow criticizing something like rightist and lefting ideologies is fine.
    Last edited by Wildmoon; 2016-07-25 at 11:09 AM.

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I see it everywhere on this forum and others. Why do people defend to the death something they show time and time again to have no understanding of?

It is utterly maddening to me.

Why don't people read the bible before attacking the quran? Just as much violent shit in the bible as the quran