Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ...
    Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GutsTheWarrior View Post
    it was fxaax2 to off to msaax2 now at msaax4, no noticeable difference between them in performance
    That's strange, switching from 2xFXAA to 4xMSAA should result in a noticeable quality increase and FPS hit.

Quote Originally Posted by caervek View Post
    That's strange, switching from 2xFXAA to 4xMSAA should result in a noticeable quality increase and FPS hit.
    Quality yes, but FPS was about the same.

Since my monitor is rather old and can be called a postage stamp. I play stuff at low resolution, but I don't find that a problem since it is high enough (1440x900).

Therefore even my ~4years old computer can run this game at max settings. If I don't put vsync on my fps goes to ~120, but I don't find that neccessary since I don't see difference between 60 and 120. Besides if I don't put vsync on, the game seems to want to produce more of these frames so it starts to heat up and fans go full power. Since there is no difference to my eye with 60 and 120, vsync stays on. I don't like the loud noise.

If legion is really that much harder to run, I'll probably just have to put some settings down a bit. That is until I upgrade my computer which is very soon. I just havent got around to do it.

Quote Originally Posted by Morae View Post
    Since my monitor is rather old and can be called a postage stamp. I play stuff at low resolution, but I don't find that a problem since it is high enough (1440x900).

Therefore even my ~4years old computer can run this game at max settings. If I don't put vsync on my fps goes to ~120, but I don't find that neccessary since I don't see difference between 60 and 120. Besides if I don't put vsync on, the game seems to want to produce more of these frames so it starts to heat up and fans go full power. Since there is no difference to my eye with 60 and 120, vsync stays on. I don't like the loud noise.

If legion is really that much harder to run, I'll probably just have to put some settings down a bit. That is until I upgrade my computer which is very soon. I just havent got around to do it.
    Vsync off, but enabled max FPS background and in-game. What you talk about is called coil whine maybe. My GPU has that a lot when I run any games like WoW at 100 or more FPS.

My spec runs all ultra but AA. With...well curse says 105 addons installed, but lets say 50-60 actual addons. Addons is a massive strain.

Use the new raid/pvp feature to have settings lower when playing with ppl
    Last edited by Djuntas; 2016-07-27 at 02:06 PM.
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO

Im running wow on max settings with my rig and seldom dip under 60fps. the few times i do its most likely the cpu having an issue. You can see my whole build in detail if you click my cpu-z link in my sig.
    i7-4790k @ 4.4 Overclocked on Air,
    16gb HyperX Ram,
    2x EVGA GTX 1080 SC
    Last edited by Moozart; 2016-07-27 at 02:08 PM.

Oh please.... I've been playing with 2-10 fps forever.

Never played WoW on anything other than low settings
    Last edited by guisadop; 2016-07-27 at 02:29 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by noobadrood View Post
    WoW is an odd one. My rig (i7 4790k, GTX 980, 16GB) seems to struggle to keep a nice 60fps at max settings, and since pre-patch it hits even 28fps in effect-heavy areas.
    So I guess I need a goddamn Titan X?
    You know I'm glad someone else is having this problem. I have a GTX 1070 with a i7 6700 and running it on max settings it goes down to about 30-40 fps sometimes. A GTX 1070! There has to be something up with the graphics that Blizzard needs to fix because if I can run Witcher 3 at max settings with no problems and smooth FPS then I should definitely be able to run WoW at max settings with no problems or drops in FPS.
    - "If you have a problem figuring out whether you're for me or Trump, then you ain't black" - Jo Bodin, BLM supporter
    - "I got hairy legs that turn blonde in the sun. The kids used to come up and reach in the pool & rub my leg down so it was straight & watch the hair come back up again. So I learned about roaches, I learned about kids jumping on my lap, and I love kids jumping on my lap...” - Pedo Joe

1. You run it at the same resolution you did 2004?
    2. WoW graphics have been improved, new high polygon models, new surface shaders. Have you deactivated all shaders not available 2004?
    3. It's not the same game it was 11 years ago.
    2005:

2016:

You have much more stuff on the screen now and the new view distance is so much deeper.

Even things that did not change are affected by the new graphics settings. Like the texture resolution or ground clutter density.
    2005:

2016:

In Legion on the Broken Isles they went really crazy with the details:
    Last edited by Kryos; 2016-07-27 at 03:47 PM.
    Atoms are liars, they make up everything!

Quote Originally Posted by slavrix View Post
    I do love it when over night the forum posts go from
    WTB UPDATED GRAPHICS
    to
    OMG GRAPHICS ARE TO HEAVY FOR MY PC

Just because its an 11 year old game doesnt mean that the particle effects, shadowing, water dynamics, aliasing render, distances, foliage cover etc are still at the same level they were at 11 years ago.

Reduce your camera draw distance, and set your background fps limits might help you out the most
    I find interesting that, despite being able to run DooM at max (and max as in "everything at the highest setting") WoW can't. I know it's a different engine with a massive CPU load, but my question is: WHOM is the upgrade supposed to benefit, then?

Dot like there's no tomorrow.

Deleted
    I find interesting that, despite being able to run DooM at max (and max as in "everything at the highest setting") WoW can't. I know it's a different engine with a massive CPU load, but my question is: WHOM is the upgrade supposed to benefit, then?
    Do you know how WoW's new code uses CPU cores? I suspect Blizz are aiming to be as universal as possible, which means some outliers might not be as compatible with their code. In other words, they aren't making WoW for the best hardware.

Quote Originally Posted by Garian View Post
    Do you know how WoW's new code uses CPU cores? I suspect Blizz are aiming to be as universal as possible, which means some outliers might not be as compatible with their code. In other words, they aren't making WoW for the best hardware.
    It's perfect that they don't make WoW for the best hardware ONLY, but adding options that can't be ran on said hardware is odd nonetheless.

Dot like there's no tomorrow.

Deleted
    It's perfect that they don't make WoW for the best hardware ONLY, but adding options that can't be ran on said hardware is odd nonetheless.
    I'm just curious how they optimize their code for processing power though. I suppose I could look at the code myself.

I agree with you. WoW should be made for as many people as possible. It's part of the game's charm.