Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    Deleted

Leveling - Optimal Zone Order?

I know that the zones scale to your level now in Legion and that it would be best if we completed all the zones for fastest AP gains, but keeping in mind all other factors (e.g Highmountain seems to be a bitch from what I´ve heard; Vashj´ir vs Hyjal in Cata, etc), what would be the optimal zone order to follow in Legion for fastest 110?

Deleted
    You can get to 110 in 3 zones + a little from the fourth. I found the best way to do it is to simply leave Highmountain till last, just keep in mind to do enough quests there to get friendly so you can easily unlock world quests. Appart from that there's no real cookie cutter route. You could possibly go Azuna and Val'shanaar before Stormheim due to the annoying long intro scenario in that zone.

But then again if you go Stormheim first you have the scenario out of the way and can breeze through leveling. Personal preference really.

Should try and 100% each one for the AP + cheevos

Val'shara>Azsuna>Stormheim>Highmountain. Hightmountain sucks to traverse, but you'll only need to do about 20 quests to likely reach 110, but definitely to reach friendly with the zone's faction to access Suramar.

Definitely Val'sharah first - the 800 ilvl chestpiece for finishing the main questline doesn't require a dungeon to obtain, unlike some of the other zone ending quest rewards. So that's a big upgrade early on. After that I think Azsuna and Stormheim are pretty interchangeable. Definitely Highmountain last - it's pretty annoying.

I agree with Spitfiyah that eventually you will want to finish all the zones, but that can be left until after hitting 110, opening Suramar, and getting gear to unlock Heroics.

15+ Year Old Account
    How many hours does it take from 100-110 vs 90-100?

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Other thing you will have to think about is that the Hunter Order Hall is in Highmountain..

I don't get how people keep saying they get to 110 in 3 zones. I have levelled 3 chars, and needed all 4 zones + a few dungeons to ding 110 (I always levelled them in 1 go, ignored class hall quests, was never rested, ignored profession quests).
    I always did the entire zone up to the point that I got the pillar (and got the achievement for that zone).

Where are these hidden quests?

High mountain: murloc area and nessignwary (others?!)
    Valsharah: the farm and blackrook hold (others?)
    Azsuna: the arena area thing with the big sea giant + that area near a legion portal with a demonhunter (others?)
    Stormheim: no clue, i've come across 2 goblins once but didn't do their quests (others?)

Anything but highmountain with a land mount, trust me LOL but you have to do them all anyway

15+ Year Old Account
    Unless you have very little rested XP (likely to be the case for many live), I agree that you'll hit 110 by the 3rd zone, especially if you do your class quests and profession stuff; for which you'll want to start in Aszuna. The profession quests take you to Aszuna-Val'Sharah-Highmountain-Stormheim, at least in my experience (tailoring/enchanting/blacksmithing/mining).
    "Can't you see this is the last act of a desperate man?"
    "We don't care if it's the first act of Henry the Fifth, we're leaving!"

Quote Originally Posted by Fliida View Post
    You can get to 110 in 3 zones + a little from the fourth. I found the best way to do it is to simply leave Highmountain till last, just keep in mind to do enough quests there to get friendly so you can easily unlock world quests. Appart from that there's no real cookie cutter route. You could possibly go Azuna and Val'shanaar before Stormheim due to the annoying long intro scenario in that zone.

But then again if you go Stormheim first you have the scenario out of the way and can breeze through leveling. Personal preference really.
    What is annyoing about that intro and how long is it?

Quote Originally Posted by aesthir View Post
    I don't get how people keep saying they get to 110 in 3 zones. I have levelled 3 chars, and needed all 4 zones + a few dungeons to ding 110 (I always levelled them in 1 go, ignored class hall quests, was never rested, ignored profession quests).
    I always did the entire zone up to the point that I got the pillar (and got the achievement for that zone).

Where are these hidden quests?

High mountain: murloc area and nessignwary (others?!)
    Valsharah: the farm and blackrook hold (others?)
    Azsuna: the arena area thing with the big sea giant + that area near a legion portal with a demonhunter (others?)
    Stormheim: no clue, i've come across 2 goblins once but didn't do their quests (others?)

I leveled in 2 1/2 zones with one gathering prof, 2 dungeons, and some of the class order hall things that reward a little xp. I wanted to try and minimize how much zone-leveling i did so i could leave some hidden for when it goes live. There are some quests that are just kind of sprinkled around---and theres something I remember finding in Stormheim eastish where there are murlocs on a beach and some vrykul camps, but i dont completely remember if its a ! style quest, fill-the-bar, or a world quest site I just found exploring. Couldn't hurt to go see, though because I remember a few rares being around there.

Edited because I remembered theres some stuff in north Azuna and a short-ish but cool chain. Look for the haunted winery and start 'killing' stuff. I think you get a quest to do that when you get close enough. Maybe click on some click-able barrels while you're around. For reasons.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimbold of Skullcrusher View Post

Before the story of the zone ramps up in earnest, there are a couple of chains that you do where you go help some npcs near-ish by. The idea is that as you're doing stuff for these people you kind of start seeing stuff that builds up to whats to come later. Its not so bad, but it is a different approach from say, Azuna and Stormheim. (Highmountain is the zone I'm leaving for when it goes live, and Val Sharah is the zone I did part way, though i did go to a couple of the areas I didnt quest in for world quests and a class quest later. Its pretty baller over there).
    Last edited by Asotcha; 2016-07-27 at 07:16 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinrael View Post
    You need sunlight. You need movement. You need fresh air. You need green nature. It is just as important as eating healthy, sleeping properly and so on.
    Quote Originally Posted by Skroe View Post
    Have faith in us. Americans are fighters.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimbold of Skullcrusher View Post
    Well, annoying is subjective I guess, it's your average 10 - 20 min scenario depending on if you rush through it or stay a while and listen to the lore. But it rewards very little xp and it's a distraction more than anything while trying to level at a reasonable pace.

Deleted
    This have nothing to do with order but will be CRZ be active in the zones?

I will be doing highmountain first because:
    1) That's is the only zone I know for 100% (done it fully on 4 characters during beta)
    2) It is the most boring zone so there should be less people playing=))
    3) Taurens

After that any other zone. I havent leveled in azsuna/valsharah much (to avoid spoilers)
    Last edited by lukoil; 2016-07-27 at 07:36 AM.

Seems ill be doing Highmountain first then.

- No issue with other people
    - Best zones last
    - Long intro out of the way

10+ Year Old Account
    So much hate for Highmountain... I thought that zone was really cool. So pretty and such an adventure to explore all the weird winding paths.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fave View Post
    This have nothing to do with order but will be CRZ be active in the zones?
    No, it will not be active

7+ Year Old Account
    Guys, a small offtop: what is your feedback regarding questing in Legion? In Draenor it was really cool for the starting locations, while others were very mediocre

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Faust843 View Post
    Guys, a small offtop: what is your feedback regarding questing in Legion? In Draenor it was really cool for the starting locations, while others were very mediocre
    Overall all zones are done pretty nice. Highmountain is a bit nasty because mountains and paths up and down taking long, sometimes confusing.

Every other zone is really well done. The part that you can chose the zones at anytime you want to play it with nice rewards for every zone at the end, with bonus objectives for fast xp again (same like WoD of course) and you mostly can chose the points where you want to quest in a zone and don't have to strictly follow a line of quests...I think it improved again.