Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by MeHMeH View Post
    Its like im living in a loony bin here, is there really no one concerned that a guy who starts a fight, loses it and pulls out a gun, is allowed to carry said gun in the first place?
    He didn't start it. The parent did by pushing him. All he did was cuss at the child which isn't illegal. I've done the same thing. Don't take your kids to theaters if you refuse to control them. He didn't go for his gun right off the bat. Not until I'm assuming he felt threatened enough to need it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lansworthy
    Deathwing will come and go RAWR RAWR IM A DWAGON
    Quote Originally Posted by DirtyCasual View Post
    There's no point in saying this, even if you slap them upside down and inside out with the truth, the tin foil hat brigade will continue to believe the opposite.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by lockedout View Post
    Well since that's not what happened, the man who pulled the gun was assaulted first ans was defending himself but fuck facts.
    Really, ill read it again, i thought it was the guy who attacked first who pulled the gun.

Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    This isn't even a question of logic. It's a question of knowing what transpired and understanding the English language. You are objectively wrong and are trying too hard to use a bad example to criticize the media for their tendency to deliberately sensationalize (note: that is not synonymous with lying) stories for more attention.
    There is a difference between a fight about a chair lead to a gun being pulled out vs, kid kicked chair man pulls out gun. Sentence structure 101, you won't convince me otherwise. You're wrong plane and simple and it saddens me you can't figure it out.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    Fights with helmets and pads, real bad ass
    They're usually removing helmets and gloves when they fight, sometimes even their jerseys and pads.
    Hockey players are the #1 bad asses of any sport whatsoever.
    Some bad gash caught in the heat of the game? No problem.
    Nothing some stitches can't sew together during the break.. and off we go into the next third.
    Football players won't do that. Not even martial arts athletes would endure it.
    "The pen is mightier than the sword.. and considerably easier to write with."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lockedout View Post
    Well since that's not what happened, the man who pulled the gun was assaulted first ans was defending himself but fuck facts.
    We'll see how it plays out, courts may not find the fight worthy of the "feared for my life" excuse.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aori View Post
    This was on my local news, KFVS12, the boy kicked the mans seat once, he turned around and told him to stop. When he turned around again the boy started doing it again. The man then got up and cursed at the child. Then the father stepped in pushing the man back which initiated the physical altercation then the pulling of the gun.
    Mind getting us a link from them? I assume they have something on a website

As for this thread

Zenkai, you need to find a better martyr.

Quote Originally Posted by Wildtree View Post
    They're usually removing helmets and gloves when they fight, sometimes even their jerseys and pads.
    Hockey players are the #1 bad asses of any sport whatsoever.
    Some bad gash caught in the heat of the game? No problem.
    Nothing some stitches can't sew together during the break.. and off we go into the next third.
    Football players won't do that. Not even martial arts athletes would endure it.
    They have these things called boxers.

Deleted
    He should have reminded the lemmingbrains about the consequences of misbehaving in public and not giving the children some desperately needed parental guidance.
    Kneecaps for the boy. Kiwis off the father.

Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    Okay, you're just being really pedantic and playing with semantics. I'm not going to bother doing this with you.
    Its not semantics its true, it completely changes the narrative of the story.

Deleted
    Okay, so what does the phrase "The boys father broke in" exactly mean?

The statement you are calling false is literally true.
    No it's literally not. Don't use words to big for your vocabulary.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    We only burn oil in this house! Oil that comes from decent, god-fearing sources like dinosaurs! Which didn't exist!

Deleted
    Anyone????

A man pulled a gun after a child kicked his seat. Even if the child had kicked his seat six hours prior and pulling a gun had nothing to do with it, the statement would still be literally true, although misleading.
    People confuse after and because.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stop Pretending View Post
    No it's literally not. Don't use words to big for your vocabulary.
    Well this is embarrassing lol

http://www.wsiltv.com/story/32517803...ntucky-theatre

More detailed info. He did have an IL CCL and the theater was posted somewhere but not at the actual entrance. However the no guns signs in Kentucky do not carry the force of law. It's not a criminal act to carry into a business that has posted a sign.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lansworthy
    Deathwing will come and go RAWR RAWR IM A DWAGON
    Quote Originally Posted by DirtyCasual View Post
    There's no point in saying this, even if you slap them upside down and inside out with the truth, the tin foil hat brigade will continue to believe the opposite.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cerus View Post
    Did you not even read the first paragraph? Illinois man IN KENTUCKY. Kentucky is open carry. They also recognize IL CCL.
    Admittedly, I missed that. But this conjures the image of Illinois Man, saying "thank goodness I brought my gun from Illinois to Kentucky, so I can wear it openly and legally in this Kentucky movie theater" at which point a complete stranger attacks him with his bare hands, despite being visibly armed.

...I mean, I concede that's possible. But at this point I think I'll watch the story and wait for details to unfold.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Cerus View Post
    http://www.wsiltv.com/story/32517803...ntucky-theatre

More detailed info. He did have an IL CCL and the theater was posted somewhere but not at the actual entrance. However the no guns signs in Kentucky do not carry the force of law. It's not a criminal act to carry into a business that has posted a sign.
    Such as those details.

Quote Originally Posted by Dugraka View Post
    Well this is embarrassing lol
    You caught that too?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Coombs View Post
    You caught that too?
    I didn't want to be that guy but it had to be done

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I do not go to theaters anymore. Have not been to one for a decade or longer. This type of harassment and bullshit was starting to happen too often in them. Now I have a nice home theater system with great surround sound and I know the picture will be crystal clear and I can pause when I want to and I have the best seat in the house.

I also believe strongly in the right of the citizens in the US to lawfully keep and bare firearms, but in this case, no threat to the person's life was present and there is no reason to pull a gun on anyone just because some father let his spoiled kid kick a seat. His best option was to ether ask them politely not to kick his seat, or get up and complain to the theater attendants or leave the place.

Deleted
    Would you really feel better if it said "Man pulled gun inside movie theater after losing a fight he started because a child kicked his seat"?
    Where does it say he started it? As far as we know the father punched the man after he told of the kid.