Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    That worked perfectly, thanks

Quote Originally Posted by chesder View Post
    UPDATE 9/6/2016

You can find the LATEST VERSION HERE

- Added Conditions for Blackout Kick to prevent it from being double cast twice in a row

(NOTES: Some non combat spells were causing Blackout kick to appear twice in a row, dropping Hit Combo stacks. This has been corrected now and the icon should not appear when using non combat abilities. Please let me know if you find any other spells that cause the error, if any!)
    It still recommended Blackout Kick a second time in a row after using Healing Elixir, just as an fyi. I've noticed it still happening after a couple of different abilities, but will have to keep an eye on it to give you an exact ability. I want to say one of them was Leg Sweep, but don't quote me on that.

I'll reply to this thread once I have the exact abilities, Healing Elixir was 100%.

edit - It also recommended 2 Tiger Palms in a row after using artifact ability.
    Last edited by Xss; 2016-09-10 at 08:32 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Xss View Post
    It still recommended Blackout Kick a second time in a row after using Healing Elixir, just as an fyi. I've noticed it still happening after a couple of different abilities, but will have to keep an eye on it to give you an exact ability. I want to say one of them was Leg Sweep, but don't quote me on that.

I'll reply to this thread once I have the exact abilities, Healing Elixir was 100%.

edit - It also recommended 2 Tiger Palms in a row after using artifact ability.
    I'll check on Healing Elixir and Leg Sweep.

I believe the Artifact ability is fine though, I forget if it counts towards Hit Combo.

I'll check on Healing Elixir and Leg Sweep.

I believe the Artifact ability is fine though, I forget if it counts towards Hit Combo.
    It's also recommending 2 Blackout Kicks when switching targets.

Tiger Palm > Blackout Kick > add dies so you switch to a new target > Recommends Blackout Kick again if everything else is on CD or it would be a waste to use Tiger Palm due to Chi #.

It's also recommending 2 Blackout Kicks when switching targets.

Tiger Palm > Blackout Kick > add dies so you switch to a new target > Recommends Blackout Kick again if everything else is on CD or it would be a waste to use Tiger Palm due to Chi #.
    I'm going to keep trying to get it working just right, but there may be situations that I can't account for, such as targets dying. I'll update this again soon when I have a large fix but as always I recommend that players get used to the flow of the class and the rotation can adjust accordingly if you notice a misstep.

I'm going to keep trying to get it working just right, but there may be situations that I can't account for, such as targets dying. I'll update this again soon when I have a large fix but as always I recommend that players get used to the flow of the class and the rotation can adjust accordingly if you notice a misstep.
    I don't really use this for the rotation really, more of a "what ability did I use last" addon. If Blackout Kick is recommended, I didn't use Blackout Kick as my last ability. At times when dodging boss mechanics and/or switching targets, I'll forget which ability I used last and use your profile as a confirmation. Is there any other addons you'd recommend that could track this until you release a fix, then?

I don't really use this for the rotation really, more of a "what ability did I use last" addon. If Blackout Kick is recommended, I didn't use Blackout Kick as my last ability. At times when dodging boss mechanics and/or switching targets, I'll forget which ability I used last and use your profile as a confirmation. Is there any other addons you'd recommend that could track this until you release a fix, then?
    None that I'm aware of.

The issue with the system is that hit combo only damaging spells that are cast in sequences. When you cast a spell that is not a damaging spell, like Spear Hand Strike, the addon sees that your previous attack was not Blackout Kick or Tiger's Palm and gets confused. I made some attempts to fix this and think I can get it to a working state, but it will require some testing. Right now I've set dummy groups to track non-combat spells and abilities to prevent them from breaking the flow.

I have my own TMW for most specs, recently updated my WW one but with the new (awful) Hit Combo, what conditions do you have to stop BoK hitting twice in a row when you use other abilities (Interrupt, defensives, etc)?

/
    Quote Originally Posted by Soisoisoi View Post
    I have my own TMW for most specs, recently updated my WW one but with the new (awful) Hit Combo, what conditions do you have to stop BoK hitting twice in a row when you use other abilities (Interrupt, defensives, etc)?
    I set up dummy groups that track multiple non-combat/non-damaging spells use this to help the profile know when and when not to use an ability. TMW has a "Last Ability Used" condition that can help you sort this out.

- - - Updated - - -

UPDATE 9/10/2016

- Improved Logic for BoK and TP to further reduce the likelihood of it being suggested twice in sequence.

(NOTES: I added every possible ability that does not trigger Hit Combo to the conditions as a Hidden Tracking group. If you find other abilities that cause BoK or TP to appear twice in a row let me know!)

nvm work again, i dont understand
    Last edited by Missyl; 2016-09-11 at 09:13 AM.

Same issue with BoK while using Spear to interrupt.

I am a menace to my own destiny.

Are yiu using thr latest version?
    Hm, no, I was still using the old one -
    I will confirm tomorrow/Tuesday.
    Sry to bring chaos.

I am a menace to my own destiny.

Deleted
    Hi, im new to TMW and was wondering if there was a way to select everthing so i can move it down my screen a little bit. Thanks.

EDIT: Nvm found the group anchor.
    Last edited by mmoc3f71b0f5e9; 2016-09-12 at 05:45 PM.

/

I set up dummy groups that track multiple non-combat/non-damaging spells use this to help the profile know when and when not to use an ability. TMW has a "Last Ability Used" condition that can help you sort this out.

- - - Updated - - -

UPDATE 9/10/2016

- Improved Logic for BoK and TP to further reduce the likelihood of it being suggested twice in sequence.

(NOTES: I added every possible ability that does not trigger Hit Combo to the conditions as a Hidden Tracking group. If you find other abilities that cause BoK or TP to appear twice in a row let me know!)

Testing now, I'll let you know if I'm able to find any instances where it recommends TP/BoK twice.

Thank you for the quick update.

edit - Switching targets is still an issue, but it doesn't seem like it's recommending BoK/TP when using non-hit combo triggering abilities anymore. Thank you!

edit 2- scratch that, Touch of Karma just caused BoK to be recommended twice in a row - single target. Hasn't happened for any other abilities, though.
    Last edited by Xss; 2016-09-13 at 12:52 AM.

Testing now, I'll let you know if I'm able to find any instances where it recommends TP/BoK twice.

Thank you for the quick update.

edit - Switching targets is still an issue, but it doesn't seem like it's recommending BoK/TP when using non-hit combo triggering abilities anymore. Thank you!

edit 2- scratch that, Touch of Karma just caused BoK to be recommended twice in a row - single target. Hasn't happened for any other abilities, though.
    I'll check into that. Thanks for the feedback!

No, thank you for keeping this updated. I appreciate it.

Deleted
    Hello chesder,

I recently picked up monk and ran into similar issues with "Last Ability Used", but I went the other way and am checking for abilities that do trigger hit combo, which is maybe easier to cover than those that don't. Here are the WIP-Example groups if you want to take a look

checker group
    Pastebin: UcEcLj1X (can't post links, sorry)

this group checks the usages for BoK / Tiger Palm (only tracking those two atm since most other spells won't be spammed, but it could be extended). The Condition Icon is shown, when the ability shouldn't be cast a second time since it would break hit combo. This can then be picked up on by an Icon Check in the Meta Icon group.

Example meta icon group

meta icon group
    Pastebin: fMNzhZHr (can't post links, sorry)

this should also be linked to the checker group if it imports correctly.

Quote Originally Posted by blackytemp View Post
    Hello chesder,

I recently picked up monk and ran into similar issues with "Last Ability Used", but I went the other way and am checking for abilities that do trigger hit combo, which is maybe easier to cover than those that don't. Here are the WIP-Example groups if you want to take a look

checker group
    Pastebin: UcEcLj1X (can't post links, sorry)

this group checks the usages for BoK / Tiger Palm (only tracking those two atm since most other spells won't be spammed, but it could be extended). The Condition Icon is shown, when the ability shouldn't be cast a second time since it would break hit combo. This can then be picked up on by an Icon Check in the Meta Icon group.

Example meta icon group

meta icon group
    Pastebin: fMNzhZHr (can't post links, sorry)

this should also be linked to the checker group if it imports correctly.
    It's funny how you posted this. I was working on a setup using counters as of yesterday. I'll have an update soon Thanks for the tips though

- - - Updated - - -

UPDATE 9/13/2016

- Major changes were made to the logic of spell usage using the built in Counter System. I want to give a shoutout to @blackytemp who helped me come to a working set of conditions.

I want to take a moment to explain how the new spell tracking works behind the scenes.

A group labeled "Hidden Spell Tracking" is tucked to the left of the main profile and it consists of 6 icons.

2 Icons are made to set a counter for BoK and TP to equal 1 when the corresponding spell is Cast and Hits the target.

2 Icons are made to set the counters for BoK and TP to equal 0 when the opposite spell is cast (When TP is cast, the BoK counter is set to 0 meaning it's safe to use BoK again and vice versa)

1 Icon is set to track ALL spells that trigger Hit Combo. If any of these spells are used, the counters for both BoK and TP are set to 0, meaning they are safe to use.

And finally 1 Icon is set to reset all icons when the player is not in combat, dies, uses a mount or Hit Combo is no longer active (Timer ran out). This is done to allow the addon a moment to reset the conditions for a fresh start next combat cycle.

Effectively what this does is allow for better tracking of your spell usage and it should completely remove the possibility of casting two spells in a row, effectively dropping hit combo.

As always feedback is very much appreciated and I hope this works for you all!

Deleted
    hey,

First of all I would like to say that this looks amazing.
    I was wondring, is there an easy way to decrease the size? First time user of tellmewhen.
    The way it is now is just way to big for me