View Poll Results: Will you play Legion with the new camera zoom?

Voters
894. This poll is closed
  • Does not affect me at all. Playing Legion.

425 47.54%
  • Bothers me but won't quit Legion over it.

338 37.81%
  • Bothers me but won't quit Legion right away due to reasons

90 10.07%
  • Dropping Legion right now.

41 4.59%
Page 20 of 22 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kretan View Post
    The people who drew the art (Blizzard) have stated that the art was not meant for the old maximum camera distance. Sure you might enjoy it zoomed out, but I would say that it is correct to assume that the creator of the art is the best reference for which camera distance is best for viewing.
    It would be a lot easier to believe this if bosses and mobs in raids and dungeons weren't absurdly huge. That's why it doesn't make sense and I do not accept the reasoning offered. There is no way Blizzard designed Archimonde believing that people were not using the old max zoom with the console command. The boss is ridiculous with the new max zoom, and the old one (without the command) was even smaller. If they did design it with that in mind, then I think their design is bad. I even thought certain fights like Xul'Horac were stupid enough WITH the console command max zoom, I would have zoomed even further out if it was possible, but there you go.

Quote Originally Posted by Aerodyne View Post
    It would be a lot easier to believe this if bosses and mobs in raids and dungeons weren't absurdly huge. That's why it doesn't make sense and I do not accept the reasoning offered. There is no way Blizzard designed Archimonde believing that people were not using the old max zoom with the console command. The boss is ridiculous with the new max zoom, and the old one (without the command) was even smaller. If they did design it with that in mind, then I think their design is bad. I even thought certain fights like Xul'Horac were stupid enough WITH the console command max zoom, I would have zoomed even further out if it was possible, but there you go.
    I agree, but that is a different issue. Their reasoning pertains to the world as a whole and not just the bosses. There is so much more to the world than raid bosses.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Frakchaw View Post
    This is pretty much my entire view on this.. I don't understand what people are bitching about. I just had to set max camera distance to very far or whatever it was and it was back to the way it used to be.. no problem at all.
    so u never used the command .. since it's not close to what it used to be with the console command .. if u want to cripple yourself well im fine with that but those of us who want to see what i happening on the screen just want it back, not everyone is happy to stare at feets from big mobs

This is such a non issue..

The US Forums are alight, because generally they are more likely to whinge about things. Especially screaming that their delicate constitutions are getting Motion Sickness.

No one is getting Motion Sickness from the change. Its whiny, whinging bitches that can't stand change and want to make something medical out of it to pressure Blizzard to do something about it.

Adapt and play, or quit and shut the fuck up.

Part of the issue is, it feels that over the years Blizzard had developed bosses and encounter mechanics based on the idea that players were using the max camera distance. Bosses have become bigger and multiple mechanics have become designed to take place off of the new camera design. I leveled and played with the old camera in Wrath, up until ICC where mechanics were happening that you had to be able to see and the player was not able to without spinning their camera around based on timers and still damaging the boss and pushing for a kill.
    This xpac alone (WoD) we've had fights like Brackenspore, where players have to kill mobs off their new screen, run around and clear the growth, and be able to see waves coming from the water. Twin Ogron where there's fire creeping on the groun at a fast pace behind and all around the player. Orbs that need caught on the boss after Ogron. Going to BRF, we had fights like the cliff boss (sorry, has at names) that has a slamming hand mechanic that appears off screen that players will have no idea are there. Blast Furnace, where adds are spawning around the room that tanks need to pick up or 1-2 shot raiders. Blackhand on the final platform where you need to soak debris, and the tanks you need to run behind to avoid the throw. Siege master with the trains.
    This is just a few bosses I thought of in a few seconds of 2 raids. The list has many many mechanics now where you are lead to believe Blizzard designed them for the max distance. Some people said they have never played with the max distance, and that's awesome, but how much more frantic is the playstyle, or how much more absolute glued to the spot amazing gameplay is required of a player to handle these mechanics.
    It also feels like the camera distance is less than what I remember leveling with. Maybe just getting used to it again, I don't know. What I do know, is that over the years things have changed to work with this camera distance we had access to and seems like if Blizzard continues this way we are all going to be hard pressed to do anything in a progression setting with the benefits we once had, and without putting 1000% focus into an encounter.
    For the world, the camera is a non issue and I believe it can cause motion sickness; however, people should have had these issues before they ever found out about the camera distance factor, which lessens the validity of the complaint.

Funny, there are already third party programs that unlock the old max view distance camera... Thats sad how Blizzard force people to cheat for something small like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Fummockelchen View Post
    thats the toon in the center.....

- - - Updated - - -

No, people didnt get sick from the old max but in legion blizzard has - without stating what - changed the camera so that it has NOW become very bad for lots of folks concerning motion sickness.
    I could play fine for 12 years but this new style is giving me headaches....

- - - Updated - - -

Right and all the people who start having motion sickness when playin are just silly?
    But didn't Blizzard say that the old camera gave people motion sickness, and that was the reason for the change in the first place? It's epically bad for the game though. No grand encounters anymore. Just try to kill some big bosses with maxed out camera, it's almost so bad that you just want to quit the game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Broken record reporting.

This is another case of a loud minority crying about their advantage being removed over the majority.

Most players don't care. They don't even go to "official" forums to complain or know about it. They'll call/text/email customer support and complain.

The only important problem is that the camera doesn't default to far. There's absolutely no reason for the max camera distance to be adjustable manually. It should be linked to render-distance slider, with a cap regardless.
    There are no bathrooms, only Zuul.

10+ Year Old Account
    Did not even know about the console commands so the change does not affect me obviously.

Quote Originally Posted by Baine View Post
    Did not even know about the console commands so the change does not affect me obviously.
    It does. You've lost about 22% view distance compared to the last patch.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deja Thoris View Post
    It does. You've lost about 22% view distance compared to the last patch.
    To be honest, I did not notice the difference.

Couldn't give a rats arse about the camera when not raiding (I don't do PvP), the closer is probably cooler to look at the sweet animations and the mog. but it baffles me why people are linking screenshots of them in a city, or in flat terrain as it's ever been a problem for the majority of people who have the issue (Sorry if I am misinformed)

This was my view prior to Pre-patch: http://imgur.com/a/Ln0aV

After pre-patch: http://imgur.com/a/rYY36

I'll give you that he's leaning over in the pre-patch picture, but you can clearly see his belt dongle size, but atleast it's not Xhul'horac who tends to float a few feet above ground x.x

My UI may be shit, I don't really care.

If I'm gonna quit over it? Probably not, I enjoy the time I spend in the game and guild, but I don't think I'll adapt so well to the change as I used to be able to see almost everything as it helps me with raid calls. Atleast MaxCam gives me the camera back for just a little longer.

Also, Sorry for the Blurred names, I'm not up to scratch on the policy of linking pictures.

Edit: also the whole art argument, as far as I know, perceiving art is a very personal thing and a can of worms that shouldn't even be a factor tbh.
    Last edited by Stinkefedt; 2016-08-04 at 10:02 PM. Reason: #AllAboutTheArt

Quote Originally Posted by Floopa View Post
    Will get removed in a hotfix. But enjoy as long as it lasts, i guess.

Quote Originally Posted by ComputerNerd View Post
    There could be people with genuine issues regarding motion sickness, but blizzard have said that the zoom was not the only change to the camera, and therefore not being in isolation means there could be other reasons for those issues.

Too much exaggeration and rudeness surrounding it.
    There are plenty of people claiming they will unsubscribe over this who are just looking for an excuse, some reason to blame someone else rather than being mature enough to just do it and shut up.

There are just too many refusing to acknowledge that there could be other causes or factors.
    They just take their popular gripe, and attribute that to be the sole cause even when it isn't in isolation.

Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment

Community Manager
    First and foremost, please know that this is a topic of discussion and development across multiple teams here. We have teammates who are sensitive to motion sickness. We care very much about making sure playing our game doesn’t make you – or them – feel unwell.

Although the maximum camera distance changes are the most immediately noticeable, there were several less-apparent changes made to how the camera functions in the pre-expansion patch, and we’ve already identified some cases where those changes may be causing issues. Here’s a few examples:

We’ve found an issue with camera shake effects, which we’re currently working to hotfix (if you’ve run Bloodmaul Slag Mines since the patch, you’ve likely noticed this one).
    There was a systemic change to our graphical renderer which changes the way FoV is calculated. Manually resizing the viewable game area (which is usually done via “viewport” addons) may be affecting the game camera differently than before. We have identified the cause of this issue and are actively addressing it.
    We’re also tracking down some vehicle-related camera bugs.

We believe that underlying issues like these are the actual source of many of the motion sickness concerns. To that end, if you find yourself feeling ill in-game, examples of where you were and what you were doing at the time would be very useful for helping us track down exactly what’s causing the issue, especially if you can provide video footage so that we can see what the camera was doing at the time.

This issue is very important to us, and we’re working hard on investigating and correcting it as quickly as possible. Any examples you can send us are very much appreciated.

Thank you very much.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/to...4593?page=5#88

Because as they said, the game experience wasn't designed around numbers above the default UI slider.
    But people don't like that excuse, so they conveniently ignore it.
    Not liking an answer is one thing, but dismissing it without providing any other argument other than it being "bad" is not fine.

The majority apparantly didn't know about the console command or other means of accessing it, so the majority apparantly managed just fine.
    The kneejerk response that it is simply "unplayable" for melee or tanks is just wrong.

Again, "It wasn't designed around this" is fucking bullshit, it is nothing but god damn excuses because its been in the game for 12 fucking years. I really hope something you need to enjoy the game is removed so I can play the role of the "You're just wrong" party.
    Last edited by Varitok; 2016-08-05 at 12:41 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Floopa View Post
    They will find a way to break it. They fucked over Oqueue.

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Because as they said, the game experience wasn't designed around numbers above the default UI slider.
    Yes it was, hence why it's been an option in the game for the past THIRTEEN YEARS>

But people don't like that excuse, so they conveniently ignore it.
    No they don't , they just don't confuses excuses with justifications.

- - - Updated - - -

The majority apparantly didn't know about the console command or other means of accessing it, so the majority apparantly managed just fine.
    The fact that the addon that fixes the camera distance just became the fastest downloaded addon ever (hitting over 1100 downloads an hour) says otherwise. Also Watcher never said the majority of players didn't know about it, he said he didn't personally use it so didn't realise it was popular (which sadly sums up his design philosophy)

Quote Originally Posted by caervek View Post
    Yes it was, hence why it's been an option in the game for the past THIRTEEN YEARS>

- - - Updated - - -

The fact that the addon that fixes the camera distance just became the fastest downloaded addon ever (hitting over 1100 downloads an hour) says otherwise. Also Watcher never said the majority of players didn't know about it, he said he didn't personally use it so didn't realise it was popular (which sadly sums up his design philosophy)
    The only reason it's been hitting those numbers is because MMO-champion ran it on the main webpage as some kind of advert. And honestly, with that exposure it's not that impressive as it's clearly been falling in downloads.

Quote Originally Posted by caervek View Post
    That has been proven otherwise. Again.

I gave a justification and you ignore every part which doesn't support your view.
    You cherry-picked, and didn't even attempt to argue the rest.
    Simply sweeping it aside, which is not justifying in any form.

The lack of UI update makes that clear.
    The time it has been there if anything proves that, because it was never deemed something players REQUIRED.
    If it was so required, then how come during those 13 years it was never made plainly accessible to ALL players.
    The UI slider was there, it only needed an increase.
    Out of the UI changes blizzard have made, that has to be one of the most trivial updates that could be done.
    But it was not.
    Last edited by ComputerNerd; 2016-08-05 at 12:58 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

Won't quit but my performance would be slightly better with further camera zoom... Blizz why?