i3-4170 enough for WoW Legion?

Is there going to be a significant difference between Intel Pentium G3250 and Intel i3-4170 in Legion?

Right now G3250 is managing to pull ~60fps in pretty much every zone but its very often close to 100% load and once there are a lot of ppl/spell effects or major cities like Dalaran/Stormwind it starts to lag and dip close to 30fps and bellow.

Rest of the PC system: 8GB DDR3, GTX750, playing WoW at 1360x768.

Deleted
    Yes it will be better on minimum fps, as in it will drop less than before, but no idea by how much, it should be noticeable though. It will also help you a bit with having other things open since it has +2threads.

So here's what I have and what I get

8GB 1600MHz DDR3 - Msi Gtx 960 2gb Overclocked ~20% - i3-4160 (very close to yours!)

I assume that although my cpu's utilization never passes 55% that it's capping in some other way (sadly, I don't know how to monitor that). All I can tell is if my gpu is capping out or not.
    The three places I just tested where my gpu wasn't capped out but had low frames were AV (15v15 @ 35-45fps), Ashran (full zerg @25-35fps), and SW (60fps with tiny dips)

My settings in the game are 1920x1080 CMAA, turn the settings slider to 10 and then bring down shadows and ground clutter to their lowest. View distance / Environmental detail are then set at the pre-Legion max of 7/10.

I hope this can be of some help with your decision making process.

Quote Originally Posted by Gourmandise View Post
    So here's what I have and what I get

8GB 1600MHz DDR3 - Msi Gtx 960 2gb Overclocked ~20% - i3-4160 (very close to yours!)

I assume that although my cpu's utilization never passes 55% that it's capping in some other way (sadly, I don't know how to monitor that). All I can tell is if my gpu is capping out or not.
    The three places I just tested where my gpu wasn't capped out but had low frames were AV (15v15 @ 35-45fps), Ashran (full zerg @25-35fps), and SW (60fps with tiny dips)

My settings in the game are 1920x1080 CMAA, turn the settings slider to 10 and then bring down shadows and ground clutter to their lowest. View distance / Environmental detail are then set at the pre-Legion max of 7/10.

I hope this can be of some help with your decision making process.
    Thanks for the info, will keep that in mind. Also here is a guide how to easy track any PC stats like CPU/GPU load/temps and more http://www.overclock.net/a/how-to-us...splay-and-more

You will need Rivatuner + MSI Afterburner