Deleted

Bringing a new character through wod to broken isles.

I remember times leveling my alts and the quick transition form the previous expansion to the next being kind of a pain, with the difficulty when in comparing ilvl, where u had to be very careful with how completing your first quests and acquiring your first pieces of new gear considering how powerful the new mobs were and all that.(Now this is for those characters that have little to no heirlooms or dont want to buy lvl 100 boost)

So lets say im leveling a character the old fashioned way through the Draenor content, whats the approximated item level good enought to transfer to broken isles starting zone, without it being too hard? Can you go there with Ilvl 620 average, or do you have to spend time in the Tanaan to get baleful gear for example?
    Last edited by mmocb13165abed; 2016-07-26 at 03:12 AM.

well tanaan is lv 650 with token and 695 with upgrade.. so id say between that range of item lv
    The difference beteween genius and stupidity... genius has its limit

10+ Year Old Account
    I know that the introductory Artifact quests scale based on your gear, so if you have crap gear, the mobs will have less HP and hit for less, while if you have M HFC gear, they'll hit for a lot and have a lot of HP. I've heard people complaining that the higher item level tuned versions are too hard, and they suggest removing gear to artificially go down in item level to get through the intro quests.

Given that, I'm guessing it won't be too horrible on a newly dinged 100. There's also the demon invasion quests that give lots of crappy 700 gear as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrod View Post
    Ok, I give up. This is pointless.
    Many Multitudes Online Constantly Harping About Minor Problems
    FIRE GIVES ME BIGGER BLOOD SHIELDS

7+ Year Old Account
    Quest will likely be tuned for boosted tunes, but I'm not sure how low their Ilvl is

Quote Originally Posted by Smank View Post
    Quest will likely be tuned for boosted tunes, but I'm not sure how low their Ilvl is
    Boosted get 640 I think, which is more than most of my toons. Gonna be interesting playing a new alt in a few months time and going into Broken Isles with an ilvl around 610ish ...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Davemetalhead
    Boosted get 640 I think, which is more than most of my toons. Gonna be interesting playing a new alt in a few months time and going into Broken Isles with an ilvl around 610ish ...
    There's really no need to hamstring yourself like that. Get one of the addons that will show you where the treasures are in Tanaan. Flying would be helpful, but you can get several important treasures without much trouble even if you do not have it. For example, if you can use two-handed weapons there is a 2H sword close to the road in one area. In another area, you can grab a 2H axe that you'll have trouble not tripping over in the Battle for the Iron Front. Don't worry, there is caster stuff and 1H stuff out there too.
    With COVID-19 making its impact on our lives, I have decided that I shall hang in there for my remaining days, skip some meals, try to get children to experiment with making henna patterns on their skin, and plant some trees. You know -- live, fast, dye young, and leave a pretty copse. I feel like I may not have that quite right.

Right after you hit lvl 100 fly/ride around the jungle and open as much crates as you find. While doing that do random BG's and don't care about wining, losing or dying. Even after losing you have a chance to get an lvl 700 item... Just get it over with for about 3-4 evenings and you should have all you need for a smooth starting experience in Legion. LFR isn't worth it anymore....

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Raakel View Post
    Right after you hit lvl 100 fly/ride around the jungle and open as much crates as you find. While doing that do random BG's and don't care about wining, losing or dying. Even after losing you have a chance to get an lvl 700 item... Just get it over with for about 3-4 evenings and you should have all you need for a smooth starting experience in Legion. LFR isn't worth it anymore....
    To add to this point, build a Stable in your garrison so that you can loot crates and other actions while mounted

I'd def recommend hitting up tannan right away, hopefully get in a area daily objective group and loot everything, balefulla are a great starter.

Make sure to have the dwaven bunker, random epic upgrade on balefulls will push your higher to farm them.

Take down any elite in tannan as they will give you a 655 ilvl blue or random upgrade (from bunker)

lastly hit the time walking, fastest usable 650 gear for a starter.

If you have flight it means your new toon is an alt. That means you can pretty easily supply it with account bound baleful stuff or just lvl 100 heirlooms. Account bound apexis upgrades to baleful can bring them to 695(705) with valor. Augment with the Tanaan equipment from treasures, and you can easily reach ~650almost right as you ding 100.

Now, if we're assuming a brand new account, with no outside support, things are a little less convenient. I would say the simplest path to gearing up with a fresh 100 is battlegrounds. Ashram is garbage unless you're extremely lucky. Otherwise normal wins will get you a box with an honor token and maybe a piece of gear. You can use the tokens to buy 710 gear, excluding trinkets, rings, and amulets( which blizzard removed for some idiotic reason). Each piece of gear will cost between 1-5 tokens, and the boxes can drop gold or an item between 625-710.

If you can't stand pvp, you'll want to upgrade your bunker to increase the chance of random upgrades on gear, then unlock Tanaan asap. If you can get a carry through mythic 5 man's, great, do that, otherwise slog through heroics until you can LFR. Craft some gear, or buy from the AH. Do proving grounds for a weapon. There are a handful of non-Tanaan treasures you can grab for gear too.

And if you're short on gold, don't forget that WotLK raids are easy to solo, even with poor gear, and are worth more gold these days. About 1.7k per hour.