Presentation

Official website
    https://www.playgwent.com/en

Official FAQ
    https://www.playgwent.com/en/faq

The Cards Database is up
    http://www.gwentdb.com/cards
    - new cards, constantly updated
    - some/many cards have different artworks and/or starts vs their Witcher 3 versions
    - some cards have the same artworks and/or stats
    - cards will probably have animations, as can be seen on the official page if you scroll down

Beta tests
    The Closed Beta will launch in September 2016 for Xbox One & Windows 10 and will also be available on Windows 8.1/8/7, later to expand to PlayStation 4. We plan to go out of beta when the game is feature-rich, polished and tested sufficiently. Consequently, we’ll launch when we feel we’re ready to give you a game that rocks!

About the game
    Grab a chair, you're one of us!
    PICK A SIDE, BUILD YOUR DECK, AND BATTLE FRIENDS FROM AROUND THE WORLD!
    There’s only one GWENT®, but there are several factions you can choose to command. The proud Skellige, brutal Monsters, cunning Northern Realms, or shadowy Scoia’tael -- each offering a different playstyle which you can adjust to your liking via friendly deckbuilder and elegant card-crafting mechanics. Play for fun with friends or enter ranked battles in pursuit of fame and glory! With additional cards and factions like the powerful Nilfgaard coming in the future, GWENT is endless fun!

Bluff your wat to victory!
    IF YOU CAN’T OVERPOWER YOUR ENEMY, MAKE SURE YOU KNOW HOW TO OUTSMART THEM!
    GWENT® is as much a battle of force, as it is a battle of wits. We’ll always try to match you up with a player whose cards are of similar strength to yours.
    To win, play it smart and lure your opponent into using up their cards first. Alternatively sacrifice one round and take the game by emerging victorious in the next one.

A world begging to be explored!
    EPIC QUESTS AWAIT IN A SINGLE-PLAYER CAMPAIGN RICH IN UNTOLD STORIES FROM THE WITCHER!
    Brought to you by the creators of The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt, the single player campaign of GWENT® thrusts players into an event-rich world they can roam freely. To be released in episodes, the story unfolding in the campaign will feature the choice and consequence mechanic the Witcher games are known for.
    Can't wait
    Last edited by Slaughty8; 2016-07-26 at 11:36 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah I'm looking forward to it too. I always loved Gwent.
    'Twas a cutlass swipe or an ounce of lead
    Or a yawing hole in a battered head
    And the scuppers clogged with rotting red
    And there they lay I damn me eyes
    All lookouts clapped on Paradise
    All souls bound just contrarywise, yo ho ho and a bottle of rum!

10+ Year Old Account
    And Bioware is still yet to even consider making a Pazaak Game... I liked that one much better!
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.
    Thanks for the avatar goes to Carbot Animations and Sy.

Well they obviously had to change some things, so it depends on how these changes pan out, from the previews I saw earlier they added a bit of complexity and I kinda hope they change the meta (spy > all) to make it a bit more interesting, but then that is probably what a lot of people like in the first place. There is also really no point in having super weak cards with no special effects like 4's and 5's or below in your deck in the in-game version, because even with buffs they are just worse than all the standard hero cards..
    Last edited by Cosmic Janitor; 2016-07-27 at 03:27 AM.

stress test tomorrow and on tuesday, register here https://playgwent.com/en/killtheservers

Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    Well they obviously had to change some things, so it depends on how these changes pan out, from the previews I saw earlier they added a bit of complexity and I kinda hope they change the meta (spy > all) to make it a bit more interesting, but then that is probably what a lot of people like in the first place. There is also really no point in having super weak cards with no special effects like 4's and 5's or below in your deck in the in-game version, because even with buffs they are just worse than all the standard hero cards..
    If no balance happened between Witcher 3 and stand alone then Northern Realms decks just destroy any other deck free. I doubt they're that silly to allow you decks with 5 spys without changing the spy mechanic.

beta invites are going out right now, check your emails

holy fuck, this is the best card game I ever played. I think I spent 50% of my time playing it when I played witcher. However the fun part was the hunt for special cards, which you only got from beating another player ingame.

Deleted
    I love "The Witcher". But i dont like card games.

I got burned out on card games from hearthstone.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rym View Post
    I love "The Witcher". But i dont like card games.

I got burned out on card games from hearthstone.
    I've always liked card mini-games in RPGs: Pazaak, Caravan, Gwent... Dedicated card games though - eh, never been a fan. Played them mostly at my grandparents', who loved spending evenings playing card games, and it was fun, but mostly because of the company.
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.
    Thanks for the avatar goes to Carbot Animations and Sy.

10+ Year Old Account
    I really like Gwent. My friend who also plays always jokes around with me on live

"Hey, wanna play some Gwent?"

"Obligatory head nod"

I use Northern Realms out of Habit, but my Nilfguardian deck is roughly the same. I like using Skellige though because C-C-C-C-C-C-COOOMMMBBOOOOOOOOOO