Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Rewarding pug raid leaders, instead of reserving items with ML

Do you agree that organizing a PUG can be tricky, and some sort of compensation should be handed to the organizer for their effort?
    If yes, instead of using master looter and reserving items which alienated and disgusted the playerbase how about either one of those? :

1) Give the raid leader a humble gold amount per boss killed
    2) Have the raid leader a 10% or 20% to get an extra item via personal loot per boss killed.

Some ideas, to promote pugs, and leading them, since we all hate master loot and reserving as polls are showing.

Some food for discussion.

You can no longer use ML in a PUG group my friend and tbh as mostly a PUG Leader seeing ppl sticking from the start till the end of the raid and not leaving after every single boss they need or a wipe due to a mistake is enough of a reward for me. Personal opinion.

Signature made by Shyama

10+ Year Old Account
    Putting a group together rewards you with the ability to kick arses from the raid. That's good enough.
    Google Diversity Memo
    Learn to use critical thinking: https://youtu.be/J5A5o9I7rnA

Political left, right similarly motivated to avoid rival views
    [...] we have an intolerance for ideas and evidence that don’t fit a certain ideology. I’m also not saying that we should restrict people to certain gender roles; I’m advocating for quite the opposite: treat people as individuals, not as just another member of their group (tribalism)..

Rewarding them will only increase the demand for inflated requirements.
    You should be leading because you can lead, not because you are rewarded for doing so.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

10+ Year Old Account
    I use to lead pug raids a lot back in WoTLK during the year of ICC. I never felt I deserved more just because I advertised and hit invite.

I don't do it nowadays because I feel the over all quality of pugs has dropped and I just don't care to deal with it, and I don't think an incentive would change that.

Quote Originally Posted by BloodElf4Life View Post
    Putting a group together rewards you with the ability to kick arses from the raid. That's good enough.
    It sounds like kicking them and replacing them is an obligation, not a reward. But that's just me
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiili View Post
    Murder can be justified and to a certain extent I believe genocide can be justified aswell.

no thanks. id much rather see bonuses for other people to stay as long as possible, so i dont need to rebuild the group after every boss.

Quote Originally Posted by pmkaboo View Post
    no thanks. id much rather see bonuses for other people to stay as long as possible, so i dont need to rebuild the group after every boss.
    Interesting. Any suggestions?

Quote Originally Posted by Kreeshak View Post
    Do you agree that organizing a PUG can be tricky, and some sort of compensation should be handed to the organizer for their effort?
    If yes, instead of using master looter and reserving items which alienated and disgusted the playerbase how about either one of those? :

1) Give the raid leader a humble gold amount per boss killed
    2) Have the raid leader a 10% or 20% to get an extra item via personal loot per boss killed.

Some ideas, to promote pugs, and leading them, since we all hate master loot and reserving as polls are showing.

Some food for discussion.
    Leading a successful raid should be a reward in itself - the only thing I would agree with is some sort of rating system, like a gold star for killing all bosses.

Extra stuff? No. And i know that I will be attacked for that, because players these days will only do things for rewards.

10+ Year Old Account
    No, I don't think there should be a special reward for pugging. It would be a course for abuse.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jazzhands View Post
    I use to lead pug raids a lot back in WoTLK during the year of ICC. I never felt I deserved more just because I advertised and hit invite.

I don't do it nowadays because I feel the over all quality of pugs has dropped and I just don't care to deal with it, and I don't think an incentive would change that.
    Ah the days when gearscore was fresh out of the box and ruined everything for anyone wanting to join pugs.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kreeshak View Post
    Rewarding pug raid leaders, instead of reserving items with ML.
    Dude you lost me at the title.

But here's a simple analysis. Suppose you want to raid, but you don't have a raid party, so you use Premade Finder to round up a raid party.

You just got your needs met.

Why shouldn't you pay Blizzard because you were able to go raiding when you didn't have a raid party? Why shouldn't you pay everyone else in the raid because you used a tool that allowed you to find compatible players, and to use their skills, in order to raid?

This aura, this gaseous cloud of entitlement, it's very thick.

7+ Year Old Account
    Being a pug raid leader already gives you a lot of power. You can dislike people and actually kick them. You can get to specific bosses and invite friends, who only need that specific boss. You have somewhat control over how good the group is, and therefore, by being a leader, you can activily avoid being stuck on a boss. If you have ever tried to do a lot of pugs 1 night, you will know, that some groups are made or scraped on the willingness of the raid leader to kick bad people and invite good people.
    May the lore be great and the stories interesting. A game without a story, is a game without a soul. Value the lore and it will reward you with fun!

Don't let yourself be satisfied with what you expect and what you seem as obvious. Ask for something good, surprising and better. Your own standards ends up being other peoples standard.

Deleted
    Haven't came across a raid lead in quite a while in PUGs. I only happen to meet raid invite button smashers and I don't feel obligated that has to be rewarded in any way.

All this change will do, is enable more worthless raid leaders starting groups.

The entitlement is real.
    They always told me I would miss my family... but I never miss from close range.

10+ Year Old Account
    raid leaders dont deserve anything extra that their raiders dont also have a chance at getting IMO
    Hi

Whether you like it or not, being able to control the loot distribution of your raid via master loot, lets say a trinket the one and only loot you need from the old raid tier, was a good motivation for experienced and capable raider to put the effort and time to put a raid together. With that gone in legion, you are gonna see a lot less people trying to make raid groups.

Overall the number of lazy people that cant be bothered to form a group, heck even read tactics, will stay the same; while the number of people trying to lead pugs will decrease by a large margin.

Someone said in another thread that the amount of effort required to join a pug raid was the same as trying to form them up. If that were the case noone would cry here on forums about not getting accepted into a raid and they would form their own instead.

I think people that are usually pugging will be negatively effected with this ML->PL change, if blizzard does not offer some kind of reward/rating etc.. system in place of ability control the loot distribution. (i am not talking about ninja loots etc.. but the ability to raid)

PS: I don't pug...like ever, dont have that kind of time to waste, So this is my outsider view to this change with perspective of supply and demand principle.

No, cuz then you get abusers that'll post something that's easy to solo, never accept anyone but their roommate (or RAF account that everyone seems to have), and still get that extra 10-20% bump.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.
    ==================================

I don't think that ML, or rewarding the raid leader can save the PUG group. PUG group is always a RND group, there is no way to know your ability in game like Skill Rating in Overwatch or Win/Rate in every other Game without check armory or wowprogress.

I like they remove ML from PUG group.They need , IMHO, to make all loot instanced or with Boss Reputation like system to avoid RND rage quit.
    The only think Blizzard in my opinion can do it's to avoid i need 5 bugged addons and 1 Voice Server as raid leader to know if people is doing things well, let me know on group finder the experience of who join the party, the equip he have so i don't need to check is armory or ask for a Fake Achievement that you can accomplish with a boost run or simulate with a website.

WoW don't really need ML or reward a Raid Leader, simply need to make Raid Leading more quick and Easy, so you can see fast if the raid leader is good or is a raid leader that create the group to only boost himself.

IMHO.
    Last edited by Blackheart87; 2016-07-27 at 11:30 AM.