Quote Originally Posted by HeiAggra View Post
    One question peeps, is there a cap on haste now?
    I cant seam to find one!
    It's higly depending of your stats distribution. 13% with the first blood build is a good start.

Quote Originally Posted by Deix-EU View Post
    It's higly depending of your stats distribution. 13% with the first blood build is a good start.
    47% Crit - 17% haste - 28% mastery - 8% versa
    4 tier 19 and all legs from havoc.

Still i would like to know if we should stop around what number in haste since it's starting to lose prio on the stat weight and i cant really find a answer on that

10+ Year Old Account
    47% Crit - 17% haste - 28% mastery - 8% versa
    4 tier 19 and all legs from havoc.

Still i would like to know if we should stop around what number in haste since it's starting to lose prio on the stat weight and i cant really find a answer on that
    the answer as usual, would be to sim it.

Super easy to do now with raidbots.

Quote Originally Posted by Accendor View Post
    It is very likely that this is only Demon's Bite because they said in some interview that they want to push Demonic a little bit.
    Do you have a source for this? I'd like to see it

Quote Originally Posted by Phookah View Post
    the answer as usual, would be to sim it.

Super easy to do now with raidbots.
    I sim it but there must but a number that would be more or less the ideal, like before we had the soft cap on 30% mastery.
    Just to have a pointer.

I sim it but there must but a number that would be more or less the ideal, like before we had the soft cap on 30% mastery.
    Just to have a pointer.
    No our stats follow each other, we don't scale well in a particular stat except crit. All is leverage now and you have to sim for every piece of gear you drop (true story).

No our stats follow each other, we don't scale well in a particular stat except crit. All is leverage now and you have to sim for every piece of gear you drop (true story).
    So annoying, tks anyway.
    I have hear that would be around 21% where the haste does not help us much after that point.
    Remains to be seen.

So annoying, tks anyway.
    I have hear that would be around 21% where the haste does not help us much after that point.
    Remains to be seen.
    Surely because you can't reach more of x%crit and y%versa combined, which creates the breakdown. If there were no limit, since haste is correlated to other stats distribution, there would be no breakdown. This is not a "usual" breakdown, cause this one doesn't mean you should aim for 21% and switch to other stats as it's the case for some casters, for example or as it was for melees in the past.

Surely because you can't reach more of x%crit and y%versa combined, which creates the breakdown. If there were no limit, since haste is correlated to other stats distribution, there would be no breakdown. This is not a "usual" breakdown, cause this one doesn't mean you should aim for 21% and switch to other stats as it's the case for some casters, for example or as it was for melees in the past.
    You brought a nice point, true.
    We will have to wait to see how it will play out.

You should always sim your character. Personally, I'm running 31% haste atm and easily orange parsing HC both ST and AoE using Sephuz+Anger. The fact is most people on here are just as clueless and have no idea what the fuck they are doing at all. Use this as a source for ideas, that's it. Don't take anything for gospel and always sim yourself and test things for yourself.

I don't have Soul but I'm looking forward to seeing what it can do. I may switch back to DoG once I get 4pc t20 though. Time will tell.
    Last edited by prydzz; 2017-07-04 at 12:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by prydzz View Post
    You should always sim your character. Personally, I'm running 31% haste atm and easily orange parsing HC both ST and AoE using Sephuz+Anger. The fact is most people on here are just as clueless and have no idea what the fuck they are doing at all. Use this as a source for ideas, that's it. Don't take anything for gospel and always sim yourself and test things for yourself.

I don't have Soul but I'm looking forward to seeing what it can do. I may switch back to DoG once I get 4pc t20 though. Time will tell.
    Whtas your other stats like crit and mastery? My haste is way too low (around 14%) but its hard for me to change mastery NH gear. No luck with drops.

I recently got the Umbral Glaives trinket and was curious if it was worth macroing it to Felblade and/or Chaos Strike or would you macro it to something else?

Quote Originally Posted by JonStatiK View Post
    I recently got the Umbral Glaives trinket and was curious if it was worth macroing it to Felblade and/or Chaos Strike or would you macro it to something else?
    The better answer is don't macro it to anything and save it for when adds are coming up.

I have question about trinkets. So far I was using 915 Infernal Cinders and 860 Unstable Arcanocrystal. Now I got 930 Specter of Betrayal and according to sims Cinders/SoB is better than Cinders/UA but after trying them together Im not amazed by this combo. Overall damage from trinket is very low, its so high on trinket list due high agi on item? Or Im missing something?

And second question, anyone know how Cinders are simmed? As solo or like theres other people with this trinket?
    Last edited by Mamut; 2017-07-18 at 07:30 PM.

thanks for this guide!!

What's Jacin's Ruse ilvl value now that mastery has taken a bit of a tumble in value

Quote Originally Posted by Mamut View Post
    I have question about trinkets. So far I was using 915 Infernal Cinders and 860 Unstable Arcanocrystal. Now I got 930 Specter of Betrayal and according to sims Cinders/SoB is better than Cinders/UA but after trying them together Im not amazed by this combo. Overall damage from trinket is very low, its so high on trinket list due high agi on item? Or Im missing something?

And second question, anyone know how Cinders are simmed? As solo or like theres other people with this trinket?
    Yeah I don't understand this either. I have both a 935 Cinders and a 935 Specter. Even with no other cinders in the raid and perfect conditions for Specter, Cinders beats Specter by a wide margin (as a percentage of total damage done). This is very consistent on single target non-movement bosses.

Either SIMs are incorrect, or Specter is like over-budgeted on Agility or something.

Quote Originally Posted by Ysho View Post
    Yeah I don't understand this either. I have both a 935 Cinders and a 935 Specter. Even with no other cinders in the raid and perfect conditions for Specter, Cinders beats Specter by a wide margin (as a percentage of total damage done). This is very consistent on single target non-movement bosses.

Either SIMs are incorrect, or Specter is like over-budgeted on Agility or something.
    From my point of view Specter is tricky, because if they move the boss or something it's a loss of dps while the cinders resist to drop on my raid. Also SimC it assumes that target does not move same with Cinidaria those 10% at start the SimC assumes where are the only one doing damage so it inflates the actual rate of it. until now i got the most of my char with DofG and AofhG.
    I'm running with a Arcano 885 and agil crit stat stick 895. I change to Specter on bosses with many adds.

From my point of view Specter is tricky, because if they move the boss or something it's a loss of dps while the cinders resist to drop on my raid. Also SimC it assumes that target does not move same with Cinidaria those 10% at start the SimC assumes where are the only one doing damage so it inflates the actual rate of it. until now i got the most of my char with DofG and AofhG.
    I'm running with a Arcano 885 and agil crit stat stick 895. I change to Specter on bosses with many adds.
    Specter is good because of the high baselvl and the agi. The use is ok but on some encounter, the dmg is ~halved if the boss moves all the time.

FYI: Specters use does not more dmg if more targets are there. I don't know what iLvL your Spectre has but its prolly better than your statstick even on moving bosses.

In ToS HC following bosses does most likely never move:
    Goroth
    DI
    Harjatan
    Host
    Fallen Avatar

Maiden and Kil'Jaeden are somewhat ok. On maiden every other use has 2 active. (2 per position - first is alone, 2nd has 2 active)

Sisters and Mistress are the worst for this trinket. You may occasionally get two active(on the same spot) but thats purely random or you bribe the tank

Quote Originally Posted by Lostprophet View Post
    Specter is good because of the high baselvl and the agi. The use is ok but on some encounter, the dmg is ~halved if the boss moves all the time.

FYI: Specters use does not more dmg if more targets are there. I don't know what iLvL your Spectre has but its prolly better than your statstick even on moving bosses.

In ToS HC following bosses does most likely never move:
    Goroth
    DI
    Harjatan
    Host
    Fallen Avatar

Maiden and Kil'Jaeden are somewhat ok. On maiden every other use has 2 active. (2 per position - first is alone, 2nd has 2 active)

Sisters and Mistress are the worst for this trinket. You may occasionally get two active(on the same spot) but thats purely random or you bribe the tank
    Exactly that was my point. Mine is 910 but in ST fight i do preffer to use the stat stick more crit more refound more CS on the target. Simple and effective.