Page 66 of 113 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Avikur View Post
    I'm just wondering how far behind is nemesis? My damage actually seems higher with nemesis, is that more likely because I'm bad at keeping momentum up or because they are actually really close?
    I simmed with http://www.askmrrobot.com/ yesterday (online sim tool) and it seemed to be a 6% difference. So if you're bad with momentum, nemesis would probably come out ahead. I would sim your own character on the website to see.

Quote Originally Posted by FobManX View Post
    Nope. Chaos Blades is way better.

I don't think Fel Barrage is worth it at all to be honest. Even for AOE, we have enough.
    This is not the question. In point blank situation, do you use FelBarr in ST ? Is it worth in term of GCD ?

Quote Originally Posted by Nestalim View Post
    This is not the question. In point blank situation, do you use FelBarr in ST ? Is it worth in term of GCD ?
    What do you want to know in the end ?
    CB > FB for ST from FAR
    FB > CB for AoE not from far (especially with mastery ... and you have plenty unless you're very lucky with gear)

In AoE situation we're already well positionned, when you have a pull with heroism + meta, chaos blade destroy it on a boss and it helps to destroy the percents.
    CB + Meta + Old War Pots = 600K pull during Meta.

You still didn't answer his question. Yes, you use FB in ST if there aren't any mob spawns in near future. FB with 4 or 5 stacks does more damage than a CS.

The Unstoppable Force Friendlyimmolation's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Dreadfort, or Korriban. You never know.
    FelBar pulls ahead if there are any adds in a fight. But Felblade will always be better for focus dmg.
    Quote Originally Posted by WoWKnight65 View Post
    That's same excuse from you and so many others on this website and your right some of threads do bully high elf fans to a point where they might end up losing their minds to a point of a mass shooting.
    Holy shit lol

Anyone simmed for Mark of the Hidden Satyr alternatives? Doesn't seem to scale well for Multitarget fights, wondering if there is a better "overall" alternative without suffering to much singletarget potential. Recent logs gave me only 1% MothS Damgae for a full Mythic+ Run.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by FobManX View Post
    Nope. Chaos Blades is way better.

I don't think Fel Barrage is worth it at all to be honest. Even for AOE, we have enough.
    FB has it's place in M+. CB is better on all raid fights essentially.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by iluwen_de View Post
    FB has it's place in M+. CB is better on all raid fights essentially.
    What? Most of EN fights are with adds, CB would only be better on normal/heroic Nythendra and Ursoc

Well, most of you didn't understand the question, and this is sad and annoying. Thanks you Zaak.

The point was not if CB > FB in terme of ST, but if I use FB, and I'm currently on a window without any adds and just the boss, at point blank, does it better to use my GCD in FelBarr or CS ? And Zaak replied, thanks to it.

Secondly, you're better joking if you feel that CB is better, or never put a foot in Myth. Every fight in EN has add, except for Nythendra. And Nythendra has a phase where you're not guaranteed to stay at range, so FelBarr is still superior.

Yeah, if you're siming, CB is superior, but in live that won't be the case.

Quote Originally Posted by Nihal View Post
    What? Most of EN fights are with adds, CB would only be better on normal/heroic Nythendra and Ursoc
    if you want to pad the meters, sure. but for the most part, adds die with or without your barrage. More often than not, single target is what matters.

Secondly, you're better joking if you feel that CB is better, or never put a foot in Myth. Every fight in EN has add, except for Nythendra. And Nythendra has a phase where you're not guaranteed to stay at range, so FelBarr is still superior.

i can guarantee you most top 10 parses for each boss are chaos blades outside of cheesy nonsensical padding. outside of dumb shit like my old rank 1 elereth people aren't playing fel barrage. ilgynoth honestly depends on the role you play in your raid and strat, too. but what would i know? i've probably never set foot in mythic :^)

Quote Originally Posted by Zaak View Post
    You still didn't answer his question. Yes, you use FB in ST if there aren't any mob spawns in near future. FB with 4 or 5 stacks does more damage than a CS.
    Right if the original was FB over CS but it's in the ST priorities in the first pages of official community threads.

- - - Updated - - -

Well, most of you didn't understand the question, and this is sad and annoying. Thanks you Zaak.

The point was not if CB > FB in terme of ST, but if I use FB, and I'm currently on a window without any adds and just the boss, at point blank, does it better to use my GCD in FelBarr or CS ? And Zaak replied, thanks to it.

Yeah it's annoying to find the answer on the first pages of MMO OR Icy.

And you're better joking if you feel you spend most of the times AoE on bosses. 80% of time is dedicated to ST. And half the time on adds are NOT AoE.
    Last edited by Deix-EU; 2016-10-13 at 01:00 PM.

I am curious to see how people approach what abilities to cast during a momentum window. Since the window is short, i have been switching back and forth in terms of abilities to prioritize. For example, FR > TG > 2x CS and maybe a 3rd CS but most the time this never happens. Another example is FR > 2x CS > TG. Since i have high crit and using DB, i have noticed if i prioritize CS during the window i can squeeze out that 3rd CS more often and get my TG at the very end of the momo buff. Does anyone do this or notice this also? I was going to test momo effect against Bloodlet to see if the damage drops back to normal after momo falls. If Bloodlet maintains the 20% buff even after momo, then when you cast TG during momo shouldn't matter as long as you do...in theory

Does anyone know if Throw Glaive damage is calculated on hit or on cast? Sometimes I manage to squeeze a cast in just before momentum runs out, but then with travel time it hits outside of momentum.

And here's the other thing about Chaos Blades.....in order to get maximum benefit from it, you have to have 100% time on target....and I'm not talking about just having a CB get "interrupted" because you get Rot or something....I'm talking about even having to delay CB due to lack of a good window to use it.
    You don't have either of those problems when you run Fel Barrage.
    I tried CB in heroic EN last week and immediately went back to FB. It's just way more versatile.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ufta View Post
    And here's the other thing about Chaos Blades.....in order to get maximum benefit from it, you have to have 100% time on target....and I'm not talking about just having a CB get "interrupted" because you get Rot or something....I'm talking about even having to delay CB due to lack of a good window to use it.
    You don't have either of those problems when you run Fel Barrage.
    I tried CB in heroic EN last week and immediately went back to FB. It's just way more versatile.
    Maybe I'm just lazy, but I find FB to just be better all-round for all of my weekly activities - M+ dung, EN progression, etc. without having to respec and re-tweak my priority rotation.

Fishbrul Special is simming about 1.6k higher than The Hungry Magister for me. Is it just a quirk in SimC or is it a case of fishbrul is better for pure ST but the crit food goes higher if there's any sort of cleave/aoe involved?

Quote Originally Posted by Raxshas View Post
    Fishbrul Special is simming about 1.6k higher than The Hungry Magister for me. Is it just a quirk in SimC or is it a case of fishbrul is better for pure ST but the crit food goes higher if there's any sort of cleave/aoe involved?
    correct /10

Quote Originally Posted by Venial View Post
    Does anyone know if Throw Glaive damage is calculated on hit or on cast? Sometimes I manage to squeeze a cast in just before momentum runs out, but then with travel time it hits outside of momentum.
    Posting this question again since it ended up as last post on previous page

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Venial View Post
    Posting this question again since it ended up as last post on previous page
    Calculated on hit.