Thread: Clawing Shadows

Clawing Shadows

I keep reading on the forums that clawing shadows is getting nerfed into the ground , should that happen would unholy still be over frost dps wise . And what would we go instead on CS , Castigator?

Deleted
    XD

10char

Deleted
    and what if they remove Unholy completely? I mean while were throwing out random bs

Deleted
    That would be sad, i really liked clawing shadows. 30 yards range is nice you know?

Worry about that when it shows up in the patch notes, until then stop listening to hearsay.

On the topic of Clawing Shadows, I think that it's too much that it amps the damage by becoming shadow and increases to a ranged ability. It would be more interesting to make the decision of 'do I want shadow damage?' or 'do I want range?'. It's both right now which makes it a non-decision. Split some of the functionality out to Scourge Strike, and make it an actual choice.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mayong View Post
    On the topic of Clawing Shadows, I think that it's too much that it amps the damage by becoming shadow and increases to a ranged ability. It would be more interesting to make the decision of 'do I want shadow damage?' or 'do I want range?'. It's both right now which makes it a non-decision. Split some of the functionality out to Scourge Strike, and make it an actual choice.
    Eh, no. The synergy between all the abilties is amazing, better than it has ever been. This might actually be the best spec design I have seen. It all fits together so perfectly, they shouldn't change a thing.

Alas, I see a nerfbat incoming. Yesterday, on my level 93 Unholy DK, I was continueously doing 40-55% of all damage done in the Iron Docks dungeon with DPS my 97 Ret Paladin doesn't even come close to.

I hope they change nothing, because, as much as I like Frost DK and as much as I want to main my Mage as Fire, if this makes it to Legion, I'll probably make my DK my main. I haven't had fun like this on any character since WotLK.
    Statix will suffice.

Quote Originally Posted by Statix View Post
    Eh, no. The synergy between all the abilties is amazing, better than it has ever been. This might actually be the best spec design I have seen. It all fits together so perfectly, they shouldn't change a thing.

Alas, I see a nerfbat incoming. Yesterday, on my level 93 Unholy DK, I was continueously doing 40-55% of all damage done in the Iron Docks dungeon with DPS my 97 Ret Paladin doesn't even come close to.

I hope they change nothing, because, as much as I like Frost DK and as much as I want to main my Mage as Fire, if this makes it to Legion, I'll probably make my DK my main. I haven't had fun like this on any character since WotLK.
    I'm not saying that the synergies of the spec should change, but Clawing Shadows is the only real choice on the level 58 row. So they can either make that a little worse, or try and buff Unholy Frenzy and Castigator to keep up. Personally, I wish that the choice was not an obvious Clawing Shadows that way I could pick up a different flavor of Festering Wound gameplay if I wanted to. As it stands, the best talent is the least interesting. You press CS instead of SS. It doesn't alter the rotation. The other two talents at least change how you play, and I think talents that make you alter your rotations to accommodate them should be worth picking.

If Clawing Shadows' pickrate is too high, they should buff the other 2 talents instead of nerfing Clawing Shadows. The thing about Clawing Shadows is that it wouldn't really feel good if it was just a range increase or just a conversion to shadow damage.

15+ Year Old Account
    Sure, it doesn't alter your rotation, but being able to cast Clawing Shadows opens up a lot of possibilities. It completely changes how you would deal with certain situations. Were you previously unable to damage certain mobs because they were out of range, now you can damage them. You can make use of Death and Decay and deal damage from range on a pack of mobs that's being kited without ever leaving the hitbox of the boss.

It is the best talent by far, but so are a lot of talents. Each spec on every class has that problem.
    Statix will suffice.

Quote Originally Posted by Eats Compost View Post
    If Clawing Shadows' pickrate is too high, they should buff the other 2 talents instead of nerfing Clawing Shadows. The thing about Clawing Shadows is that it wouldn't really feel good if it was just a range increase or just a conversion to shadow damage.
    Castigator + bursting Sores + high crit (36%+) is extremely strong right now as well

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Baddok21 View Post
    Castigator + bursting Sores + high crit (36%+) is extremely strong right now as well
    Sure for 20s speed kills.

Deleted
    Looks like that problem got resolved quite drastically :P

10+ Year Old Account
    There's already a thread on the Clawing Shadows nerf, use that for discussion fo the topic please. Closing this.

CLOSED.