Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    God PoS needs a nerf, that shit is about 3x as hard as it was in WotlK, in wrath we fucking face rolled the whole dungeon, luckily my tank was a competent guildie of mine but still, had to do 60% of the damage to the last boss because the other 2 deeps were idiots.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xarim View Post
    It's a strange and illogical world where not wanting your 10 year old daughter looking at female-identifying pre-op penises at the YMCA could feasibly be considered transphobic.

Yesterday, I tried TW after very long time. Of course, the first dungeon I got was PoS :-) In general, I would not describe it as broken but it certainly felt hard. We only wiped once on the way up to the scourge lord (fortunately DPS did get that casters are the priority and they need to be interrupted). Scourgelord was kind of a roadbloack. There are clearly few "mechanical" issues which I don't think work as they should:

a) Frost patch - graphical visualisation is much bigger than the actual size which makes fight really messy
    b) Power overwhelming is supposed to slow the boss by 50% and make it possible to kite him. He did not seem to be slower at all
    c) His basic melee attacks hits quite hard in general

We managed to kill him after 3 (I think) wipes. I "last stand-ed" the first PO and GoAK the second one, which was enough to finish him off. (The fact that our boomkin kept melting me with branded debuff certainly did not help but we managed to kill it anyway)

Still it was a fun run and I actually enjoyed it. A lot !

tl dr; PoS is hard but certainly not impossible. The last boss is doable but some mechanics do not work as supposed to and need to be fixed.

P.S. English is not my first language, so I apologize for mistakes.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    i got butthurt at pit of saron'ss first boss. our heal simply couldnt heal the aoe damage. i quit in rage after numerous tries. TBC timewalk dungeons were not easy but fine. loved them.

One thing that should be noted is that from a strictly survival pov, not everyone is going to have the same experience on Scourgelord. You may actually find premade groups to be harder than a good random group. You can have the best healer in the world, but a one shot is a one shot, and an extra 15% health is a huge buffer against death. Also warriors, ignore pain, GG. Not every tank will struggle with this. Hell, I'd be willing to bet that it's only paladins that get one shotted through active mitigation. 39% SOTR simply isn't strong enough with Luck of the Draw.

Quote Originally Posted by Raiju View Post
    Being a bear explains it, head and shoulders above the other tanks in passive survival atm.

Also wondering if you used a cd and weren't aware of it for the smash (or why you were taking the unholy power other than the prove a point?)
    When I used cds the smash damage went down to 25k. Without cds it was up to 35k. I posted numbers that were accumulated in 8 or so attempts.
    I wasn't taking unholy power on purpose. Are you even reading my posts? With unholy power boss was getting faster for us, instead of slower. After kicking me back, and me jumping into cat form with dash, he still was getting to me in seconds and then killing.
    I have enough of EA ruining great franchises and studios, forcing DRM and Origin on their games, releasing incomplete games only to sell day-1 DLCs or spill dozens of DLCs, and then saying it, and microtransactions, is what players want, stopping players from giving EA games poor reviews, as well as deflecting complaints with cheap PR tricks.

I'm not going to buy any game by EA as long as they continue those practices.

I posted numbers that were accumulated in 8 or so attempts.
    Unless you happened to do 8 attempts before my initial post I'm wondering how many were after the apparent hotfix, if not all of them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

Finally some challenge tbh. Hope Blizz won't listen to QQers and won't change it.

Epic!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Your kind will never change, and I will never stop fighting you.
    WoDbabbies having problems with time walkers? Hahah.

Good.

Infracted
    Last edited by Sonnillon; 2016-07-29 at 06:23 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mahcake View Post
    Finally some challenge tbh. Hope Blizz won't listen to QQers and won't change it.
    I'd agree if TW dropped better gear, but it only drops trash so the difficulty is completely unjustified

Pit of Saron only gave me trouble with the 1st boss because so many dont know how to do it, most abandon right there.
    But I managed to grab leadership over one group of randoms and we defeated it after 1 wipe - then we finished the dungeon with no issues - the tank did die near the end of the last boss but nowhere near before that. Luck? Probably. Or proper kiting and slowing him on the patches of ice really helped too.

Quote Originally Posted by SilverHeimdall View Post
    Pit of Saron only gave me trouble with the 1st boss because so many dont know how to do it, most abandon right there.
    But I managed to grab leadership over one group of randoms and we defeated it after 1 wipe - then we finished the dungeon with no issues - the tank did die near the end of the last boss but nowhere near before that. Luck? Probably. Or proper kiting and slowing him on the patches of ice really helped too.
    slowing and kiting has nothing to do with the last boss' most lethal ability, I wish one of the 854395743985 people posting this same thing understood that.
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

10+ Year Old Account
    Well worth all the hassle to finally finish and be rewarded with rubbish blue low ilevel items :s

Eh..Only had 1 wipe in there from a ninja pull and because i was alt tabbed wasnt fast enough to save them.

Didnt go below 70% as a warrior tank on Tyrannus, Ignore Pain management really.

First boss seemed bugged too, never stopped his Ice Waves in Phase 2 till the end of the fight
    Last edited by potis; 2016-07-28 at 06:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Raiju View Post
    slowing and kiting has nothing to do with the last boss' most lethal ability, I wish one of the 854395743985 people posting this same thing understood that.
    You can (and in fact it works quite well) tank him for the first 10-15 seconds with your best offensive cooldowns and then just kite him through frost traps for the rest of the fight and never experience forceful smash. I don't know if everyone is advocating this but it is actually a viable strat for tanks that don't have 100% uptime on their strong AM and are prone to being one shot by the smash.

Quote Originally Posted by DisposableHero View Post
    You can (and in fact it works quite well) tank him for the first 10-15 seconds with your best offensive cooldowns and then just kite him through frost traps for the rest of the fight and never experience forceful smash. I don't know if everyone is advocating this but it is actually a viable strat for tanks that don't have 100% uptime on their strong AM and are prone to being one shot by the smash.
    The point is (I never struggled prepatch and haven't had the 'luck' post patch) it shouldnt be doing that much, it's straight up a bug and has been as long as TW has existed. It was never intended to be near a oneshot back in the day - it was meant to hit maybe 50-60% of your hp and knock you back effectively giving you a headstart on the unholy empowerment.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by procne View Post
    So he's only slower when walking over the ice? But the buff says he's speed is reduced by 50%, and it wasn't
    Ok then dont kite him across the ice and keep getting pwnt. Thats what i have leap of faith for, stupid tanks. I use it often

Quote Originally Posted by Eliot123 View Post
    Pre-patch changes definitely made timewalking more difficult. Before it was more or less a snoozefest, now a tank gets roflstomped by 2-3 trash mobs easily if they don't use a minor defensive cd or the mobs are stunned or such. As a healer I don't really mind but tanks need to get out of the "lol pull the entire room all 40 mobs" mindset.
    Yeah, was healing Halls of Lightning last night and the tank pulled the first boss, the 3 mini adds that were attached to it, and 3 big adds that didnt need to be pulled since the boss was patting. Not only that, but one of the dps didnt know what to do and moved around when he got the static lightning on them which did an insane amount of damage every time he moved.

The tank understood what was going on and just wanted to test things out, but its definitely harder.

Herald of the Titans PickleballAce's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    This topic seems to bring out all the tryhards, doesn't it?

Quote Originally Posted by procne View Post
    So he's only slower when walking over the ice? But the buff says he's speed is reduced by 50%, and it wasn't

- - - Updated - - -

Did you miss how the post I quoted was talking about non-well geared tanks? What your comment was supposed to bring into the discussion anyway? Just making use of an occasion to laugh at someone's poor gear?
    Anyone critiquing your 690 gear when talking about TW doesn't understand how TW works and isn't worth replying to.

"I Am Vengeance. I Am The Night. I Am Felfáádaern!"

Originally Posted by Blizzard
    Wrath of the Lich King Timewalking
    • All bosses and some other mobs in the Wrath of the Lich King Timewalking dungeons have had their melee damage reduced by 30%.
    • The target average item level that players now scale to in Wrath of the Lich King Timewalking dungeons has been increased.

Pit of Saron
    • The ground visual for Icy Blast should once again match the actual radius of the effect.
    Seems this hotfixes are not live yet. Did one run and my ilvl was still the same, mobs still hitting hard.
    Last edited by Adlian; 2016-07-28 at 07:32 PM.