Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    This is how dungeons should be, although the damage on the thrash could be lowered a bit, you shouldn't really die from 1 pack or from 2 pack with all cooldowns. The bosses are completely fine.

I tanked some of the dungeons, yes they are pretty hard now, some bosses/mobs hit like a truck ... but let me tell you something, the dps overall is crap, people just don't pull good dps to get a kill before things get really messy. It's not ok when the tank is doing 50% of the dmg done.

Quote Originally Posted by miffy23 View Post
    You do realize the tank has to kite the last boss when he gets empowered, not eat the hits, right?
    Timewalking is harder than average heroic dungeons, yeah, but that's it.
    The fight was bugged early in the week, so even tanks who knew the strat were getting caught off-guard. It's fixed now.

- - - Updated - - -

Happy to report that Scourgelord Tyrannus works normally again. Tanks who know the strat should be fine.

I tanked him on my pally early in the week and got one-shot by his knockback before he ever went empowered. Plus the whole floor was covered in ice (instead of useful patches).

Tanked him again on my DK tonight and everything was back to normal. Get your back to a patch of ice, take the knockback on the chin, then kite till he calms down again. Easy.

- - - Updated - - -

I'll add that the toxic green pools on Ick & Krick are visible again too.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Butler Log View Post
    Eh, it wasn't a problem in my heroic highmaul/blackrock foundry gear scaled down. I just played it like I played tyrannus heroic back in WotLK. Run away and kite the boss over where the ice hit the ground when he enraged, dps stop hitting the boss when they have the debuff, player with the ice debuff runs away. One time he ran at me so I used guardian and it was no problem.
    You must have tanked him after the hotfix.

"I Am Vengeance. I Am The Night. I Am Felfáádaern!"

Quote Originally Posted by DarklingThrush View Post
    You must have tanked him after the hotfix.
    Wednesday evening (CEST). Hotfix happened on thursday.

Quote Originally Posted by miffy23 View Post
    You do realize the tank has to kite the last boss when he gets empowered, not eat the hits, right?
    Timewalking is harder than average heroic dungeons, yeah, but that's it.
    You do realize that the forceful smash isn't supposed to one-shot tanks?

Yes, you kite the boss. The forceful smash hits hard, but also knocks you away, letting you kite. I did that fight before the hotfix, the Forceful Smash has hitting for 60-70% of my max health WITH Shield of the Righteous up.

Quote Originally Posted by Butler Log View Post
    Wednesday evening (CEST). Hotfix happened on thursday.
    Well I'd say you showed mad skills, but you say you used same strat as back in the day. He certainly wasn't working like back in the day, so maybe you just got lucky?

"I Am Vengeance. I Am The Night. I Am Felfáádaern!"

7+ Year Old Account
    If you were doing timewalking "properly" pre 7.0 you were using old tier sets or a combo of some.

for example My Holy / Disc preist used the TOGC set. + val'nyr +winwood heart +belt of stars + proc ring.

The TOGC set was strong for alot of classes. now they have disabled old teir bonus' I ran it this week for the weekly, thankfully scored capable tanks, Pit of Saron actually seemed easier with new holy than it did as disc pre patch. /shrug.

I just used my normal gear, with the val, winwood heart belt of starshard proc trinket. In my pre legion bank cleaning I accidentally dumped my gemslot bracers,boots, ect I may not even bother to re farm them it was so easy, or I just got lucky and had good tanks. (pallys and warriors, I didn't get a chance to run with the other three yet to see how they were affected)

/shrug.

I did the TBC ones last week, tank and dps on a Warrior... Easy as fuck, basically faceroll.. I heard all this stuff about Timewalking being hard in WOTLK dungeons and again did them on my Warrior as tank and dps, doing 7 in total... Easy as fuck, brainlessly easy half asleep, easier than WOD heroics (at relevant 610-640 ilvl) by a mile. The first one we did was Pit of Saron, most of the time while tanking my health did not even go below 80-90%.

In what planet people are living on when these dungeons are considered hard I don't know. Maybe people are too dumb to realise you need to kite the final boss in Pit of Saron, and not dps him while you have the debuff (as it damages the tank)... But these are basic tactics widely known in pugs since it released way back in 2009, it was harder then than it is now.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

Quote Originally Posted by Bloodorem View Post
    Pit of Saron:
    ohhhhh boy... the first 2 Bosses where kinda ok... you had to do the mechanics but thats ok...
    the last boss:
    Let me get one thing strait.. its NOT fun having a boss hitting with 37k+ if your tank has ~45k hp and there are stun/anti heal mechanics involved and the tanks got almost no selfheal. it took me 3 tanks and 9dds who left before we managed to get a kill.
    Because god forbid people actually follow the mechanics of the fight instead of just face-rolling, right? Whenever the boss gets his uber-charge, just have the tank run away from the boss and make the boss run over the ice patches on the ground that slow him down and keeps him away from the tank, and the DPS should stop attacking when they get marked, and the healer should stop healing when he gets marked, with the tank using big cooldowns to keep himself alive during that period, though the healer can still use bubbles and other damage-reducing abilities, just not heals.

I haven't had a single issue on that dungeon, and I'm the healer.
    Last edited by Ielenia; 2016-07-31 at 03:58 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    Because god forbid people actually follow the mechanics of the fight instead of just face-rolling, right? Whenever the boss gets his uber-charge, just have the tank run away from the boss and make the boss run over the ice patches on the ground that slow him down and keeps him away from the tank, and the DPS should stop attacking when they get marked, and the healer should stop healing when he gets marked, with the tank using big cooldowns to keep himself alive during that period, though the healer can still use bubbles and other damage-reducing abilities, just not heals.

Gotta love people who have no idea what hotfixes went out and act like big dogs who think they're the best. What a fucking joke.

I miss those times when challenge wasn't hotfix-able.

Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post

On Tuesday the Scourgelord fight was bugged and the ice patches were several times larger than they were supposed to be. It only took 2 or 3 to cover the entire arena. It made it pretty difficult for a tank to kite the boss when he or she was slowed just as much, with no clear ground to run on. That, in turn, made it very difficult to heal because the tank was inevitably taking way more damage than normal. It was doable, but nothing like that ever happened in the original instance back in WotLK, nor during other WotLK timewalking events. It was clearly not intended to be that way.

Quote Originally Posted by darkwarrior42 View Post
    You do realize that the forceful smash isn't supposed to one-shot tanks?

Yes, you kite the boss. The forceful smash hits hard, but also knocks you away, letting you kite. I did that fight before the hotfix, the Forceful Smash has hitting for 60-70% of my max health WITH Shield of the Righteous up.
    Actually it is.

You're supposed to have some sort of mitigation up, it'll take out a huge chunk of your HP and you should position yourself such that he knocks you over several ice patches. Then you just kite him over them and it's simple.

Hardest part is dealing with melee DPS who want to sit on your ass and get you locked in an ice block.

Also I find it hilarious how many people are saying how people in mythic gear are being destroyed in a dungeon where all your gear stats are normalized (well, not normalized, squished.) I mean sure the trinkets make an AMAZING difference as does the set bonuses but if you're used to just being carried along by your 735 weapons you're in for one hell of a shock when you actually have to work.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Syld View Post
    I'd agree if TW dropped better gear, but it only drops trash so the difficulty is completely unjustified
    If it dropped better gear, it would turn into toxic cesspool of paid boosting. You'd be constantly running into groups with tank or healer boosting useless dps for money.

Anyway, it got nerfed so hard that its boring again.

most people who play this game are fucking horrible at it

no shit

Herald of the Titans PickleballAce's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaito92 View Post
    anything that let you ignore mechanics is bad game design
    What part of "the boss is broken and you can't do the intended mechanics" do you not understand? It's one thing to have the instance tightly-tuned, that's fine. Let people get angry if they nerf functional bosses.

But the people crying about tanks not kiting Tyrannus over ice patches apparently aren't quite getting it that a BIG problem with Timewalking PoS was that the Ice Patches weren't functioning, thus the "correct" way to do the fight was not an option.
    Last edited by PickleballAce; 2016-07-31 at 01:26 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Forcefull Smash one shotting a tank who have no AM was and is not a bug. It was like back then intended mechanic, only now people would not do the dungeon with 50+ ilvl plus
    It's not about Forceful Smash, it's about kiting not being an option because of broken ice patches. People are crying about tanks not doing the mechanics correctly when they'd try to kite his enrage while he sprints through the ice, or the ice graphic being way too big for the actual effective area.

The nerfs may not have been necessary (although people can't get quite it that random matchmaking content isn't supposed to be difficult), but the bug fixes were.
    Last edited by PickleballAce; 2016-07-31 at 01:26 PM.

This is just noob tanks that dont have a clue tanked it on my druid in feral dps gear no issuses what so ever. To many people nowdays are scrubs. Interupting whats that? I have to do some mechanic! Omg blizz nerf pls

Here you get the perfect example of why harder dungeons with a queue system will never work in modern WoW. People is bad, know nothing about interupting abilities that will almost one shot, tanks dont use cooldowns, people stand in shit and take massive damage. its a total shitfest and thats because this behaviour have been ok in hc dungeons for years now without ever having to wipe or being punished for bad play.

10+ Year Old Account
    Maybe you missing the point and deleting in your mouth foathing rage about git gut?
    Must be a language barrier problem we've got going on. Oh well, good luck with that Engrish thing.