How does the online status on Facebook even work? Is it glitched?

My friend has been very absent lately. She said it's because of work putting up extra pressure during July (holiday month over here) and that she's exhausted and barely has the energy to do anything and that she's sorry for not being that active (we normally chat every day).

That's fine and all, but what really got me thinking is that she's apparently online on Facebook several times during the day so I got the feeling that she was ignoring me.

I asked her if she's ignoring me and if it's something she's mad about since she's online on Facebook several times during the day and she said with a confused face; "Uhm, no? I'm barely online at all, I don't have the energy.".

Now, I am willing to believe it as she's been online at strange hours, like 02.30 on a Tuesday night, but I wanted to ask around.

Is there something with the Facebook chat being weird, showing people online when they're not?

Quote Originally Posted by Deathknightish View Post
    My friend has been very absent lately. She said it's because of work putting up extra pressure during July (holiday month over here) and that she's exhausted and barely has the energy to do anything and that she's sorry for not being that active (we normally chat every day).

That's fine and all, but what really got me thinking is that she's apparently online on Facebook several times during the day so I got the feeling that she was ignoring me.

I asked her if she's ignoring me and if it's something she's mad about since she's online on Facebook several times during the day and she said with a confused face; "Uhm, no? I'm barely online at all, I don't have the energy.".

Now, I am willing to believe it as she's been online at strange hours, like 02.30 on a Tuesday night, but I wanted to ask around.

Is there something with the Facebook chat being weird, showing people online when they're not?
    Take a hint, you've been friendzoned.

I don't even have a facebook account but it kinda sounds like she's tired of friendzoning you. Might wanna take the hint and move on.
    They always told me I would miss my family... but I never miss from close range.

Quote Originally Posted by TITAN308 View Post
    Take a hint, you've been friendzoned.
    We've been close friends for 14 years, where she's been married for 10...

Anyway, https://jdrch.wordpress.com/2013/04/...ts-inaccurate/

Looks like what I suspect is correct, something's goofy with the online status.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    People can check their facebook quickly for notifications without spending the time to msg people.

A lot of people leave a lot of browser tabs open during the day, it doesn't mean that they are always checking them.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

https://www.facebook.com/help/commun...=4165313485437

Seems like it's quite a common problem.

Omg seriously? This one glitch has caused so many problems for me making me believe that I was being ignored and that i was not important enough to get answered. I thought that the person I was trying to talk to was purposely ignoring my messages while chatting with other people that I sounded like a complete psycho saying all these things when really it was a Facebook Problem?!??!!!! WOW

wow, there is a LOT of insecurity in those facebook help threads. xD and the OP here too..

face it man.
    "There are no substitutes for violence of action and volume of fire. Move forward and shoot, always forward and shooting. The enemy will choose to fight and die or live and run either way move forward and shoot and he will fear you absolutely."
    - Otto Skoernzy

If you're a friend she would make time, judging by this post I say there is a reason why she isn't.

10+ Year Old Account
    Mmm prime bait
    You're getting exactly what you deserve.

Sounds like your an insecure high maintenance dude. Bullsh1t shes married. Don't lie to make yourself sound less desperate.

"OMG SHES IGNORING ME, SHE MUST BE MAD AT ME FOR SOME REASON OMG OMG OMG". Pathetic

You're been friendzoned.