Quote Originally Posted by NYC17 View Post
    In other news, Trump as all for trying American citizens in military tribunal courts.

http://www.miamiherald.com/news/poli...e95144337.html
    Equally ridiculous quip from that link:
    If cities like Miami Beach want to set local rules to fight the effects of rising seas, though, Trump said he wouldn’t get in their way.

“If the local government feels that way, they should do it,” he said. “If they’re doing the roads, and if they want to make them higher, I think that’s probably not the worst thing I’ve ever heard, if you’re going to do them anyway.”
    Well, that's mighty big of him. See levels rising? Well, we're certainly not going to do anything about it at a national level, but if you want to rebuild your roads, have at it!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by PRE 9-11 View Post
    I've come to the conclusion that Donald Trump knows exactly what he's doing. This is quite literally his strategy. I just haven't figured out if he's doing this to purposefully lose the election, or if he really thinks it will help him win.
    I think the most parsimonious explanation is that he's a blowhard dipshit. All of his behavior is consistent with this hypothesis. He says a bunch of stupid shit, gets called on it, figures out that maybe it's wrong, and then says, "what do you want, I was joking you dummies!". I've known a couple people like this.

I wonder which republican it is who is the guy who while eating dinner with his family gets a phone call from a page and answers the phone, "What did Trump say this time?" while facepalming.

7+ Year Old Account
    In other news, Trump as all for trying American citizens in military tribunal courts.

http://www.miamiherald.com/news/poli...e95144337.html
    Isn't that like unconstitutional?

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bushtuckrman View Post
    lol I wish, in reality Im 34 and married with a kid. Though I was like 23 when I started coming to mmo-c.

- - - Updated - - -

yeah but to be fair I have been on 4chan since it began. Much like this site. And somethingawful and fark. Fuck getting old sucks.

Also OT:

- - - Updated - - -

Your post is retarded and you should feel retarded for posting that. Also I am aussie, it is normal to say bro and mate.
    Lol! Love that cartoon. The most beneficial part of this thread is the entertainment value.

Getting old also has it benefits if you prepare for it. But sadly, if Hillary gets elected, not sure that will be possible for a lot of people. Myself, I am already set for the rest of my life.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Bollocks View Post
    Of course it is. Do not believe a lot of the liberal media bullshit.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    Getting old also has it benefits if you prepare for it. But sadly, if Hillary gets elected, not sure that will be possible for a lot of people.
    Let's pass on the melodrama. There's no particular reason to believe that a Democrat President prevents competent individuals from making solid salaries and investing them accordingly. While I'll be irritated with a likely tax increase and more irritated by the continued rhetoric about how evil white males are oppressing everyone else, it's not like I can't make a buck in the stock market or real estate.

Quote Originally Posted by Spectral View Post
    Let's pass on the melodrama. There's no particular reason to believe that a Democrat President prevents competent individuals from making solid salaries and investing them accordingly. While I'll be irritated with a likely tax increase and more irritated by the continued rhetoric about how evil white males are oppressing everyone else, it's not like I can't make a buck in the stock market or real estate.
    It's really weird seeing you say something even that tepidly pro-dem.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudol Von Stroheim View Post
    I do not need to play the role of "holier than thou". I'm above that..

It violates Federal Law. It would take an act of Congress to change it.

It violates Federal Law. It would take an act of Congress to change it.
    You sure jury trial isn't in the constitution?

Quote Originally Posted by Ripster42 View Post
    It's really weird seeing you say something even that tepidly pro-dem.
    Really? Maybe it's just this election cycle or something (where the hysteria is mostly about Trump), but that tends to be my position in general. I think many of the policies promoted by Clinton are obviously stupid and pandering, but I also don't think they matter all that much for most people.

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    There are good reasons why I feel sorry for the future of the young in this country if she is elected. But it is a waste of time here to discuss it. A bit like casting your pearls before swine.

No, thanks to the NDAA, it to allow US citizens be detained without due process if they are suspected of Terrorism, gee that can't be miss used.

https://www.aclu.org/news/president-...ntion-bill-law

There are good reasons why I feel sorry for the future of the young in this country if she is elected. But it is a waste of time here to discuss it. A bit like casting your pearls before swine.
    Why bother posting at all then? Saying that you know things, but you're not going to say what you know is pretty much an open declaration of shitposting.

Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    No, thanks to the NDAA, it to allow US citizens be detained without due process if they are suspected of Terrorism, gee that can't be miss used.

https://www.aclu.org/news/president-...ntion-bill-law
    Hasn't really been challenged. Supreme court declined to take up the appeal, and the circuit appeals judge only stayed the unconstitutional ruling on lack of legal standing for the filer, not because they think it is actually constitutional. Expect a new challenge to occur as soon as the court gets 9 judges again.

Deleted
    Man, you Americans really need to stop being so melodramatic.

It'll be 4 years. Some things will be for the worse, some things for the better, but nothing world-changing. If Trump hadn't had such crazy foreign policy views then less people would be worried about him getting elected, including Independents and Democrats.

Obama got reelected in 2012, the world hasn't crashed and burned. Nor would it have if Mitt Romney had gotten elected.

Quote Originally Posted by Ripster42 View Post
    That's a matter of debate, as SCOTUS has ruled that it's not an absolute right. It violating Federal Law and taking an act of Congress to change should be enough.

Why bother posting at all then? Saying that you know things, but you're not going to say what you know is pretty much an open declaration of shitposting.
    I assume his Matthew 7:6 reference suggests that we're beneath him giving reasons. Because Jebus was all about a lack of humility (except for the 30+ verses about being humble).

Quote Originally Posted by Keuric View Post
    I assume his Matthew 7:6 reference suggests that we're beneath him giving reasons. Because Jebus was all about a lack of humility (except for the 30+ verses about being humble).
    It's not about humility. It's because he'll get banned for forbidden topics if he posts about it, because this forum infracts hate speech.

The young are suffering in this nation because in the 80's through to today businesses have shipped jobs to Mexico and China rather than pay Americans wages with benefits. It is cheaper to make it in china and ship it across the entire ocean back to us to buy than to have Americans make it here for us. Since there are no production or manufacturing jobs that typically paid higher than minimum wage they only have the option of working in restaurants for tips or on highways laying tar, how many American teens look forward to laying tar on hot highways for the rest of their lives?

Since the 80's we have had Raegan, Bush, Clinton, G.W. Bush and Obama, 20 years of Republicans and 16 years of Democrats. It's pretty easy to see that the youth of America's opportunities are not based on who is president but rather how businesses don't like paying Americans for work because we cost too much. Business fucks in suits looking to save a dime transcends political parties and presidents.

And to show my Independant card, it really makes you wonder about people who demand $15 an hour since businesses are already running for communist countries because we cost too much at $7.25-$12 an hour.

I'm not a republican or a democrat, but I know that Trump is an absolute disaster. Any man who has to allude to the immensity of his cock on national televised debates has no place in an oval office.

Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    The young are suffering in this nation because in the 80's through to today businesses have shipped jobs to Mexico and China rather than pay Americans wages with benefits. It is cheaper to make it in china and ship it across the entire ocean back to us to buy than to have Americans make it here for us. Since there are no production or manufacturing jobs that typically paid higher than minimum wage they only have the option of working in restaurants for tips or on highways laying tar, how many American teens look forward to laying tar on hot highways for the rest of their lives?

Since the 80's we have had Raegan, Bush, Clinton, G.W. Bush and Obama, 20 years of Republicans and 16 years of Democrats. It's pretty easy to see that the youth of America's opportunities are not based on who is president but rather how businesses don't like paying Americans for work because we cost too much. Business fucks in suits looking to save a dime transcends political parties and presidents.

And to show my Independant card, it really makes you wonder about people who demand $15 an hour since businesses are already running for communist countries because we cost too much at $7.25-$12 an hour.

I'm not a republican or a democrat, but I know that Trump is an absolute disaster. Any man who has to allude to the immensity of his cock on national televised debates has no place in an oval office.
    A lot of jobs got shipped to Mexico thanks to NAFTA, which happened under Clinton.

10+ Year Old Account
    Trump should have learned this from that law school he never went to.