Quote Originally Posted by Celista View Post
    No way was this post a serious one, I refuse to believe that anyone (even the most right wing of Conservatives) thinks that allowing women to vote was a bad idea.
    Honestly, I'm not so sure anymore.Donald Dump has empowered all the secret psychos and Facists out there that "it's ok to hate". Even on these forums, people like Lockedout let slip that they harbor symparhies to White Supremacy since Dump's arrival.

Quote Originally Posted by mvallas View Post
    Honestly, I'm not so sure anymore.Donald Dump has empowered all the secret psychos and Facists out there that "it's ok to hate". Even on these forums, people like Lockedout let slip that they harbor symparhies to White Supremacy since Dump's arrival.
    I used to assume people that crazy were just trolls until this election happened. Then that crap started to appear irl. :/

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    Does any legitimate Trump supporter have a problem with him not releasing records on the only issue he bases his ability to lead upon? He touts his business success as the metric for his ability to lead and be President, but he refuses to release his tax records.

Thoughts?
    He didnt refuse to release them. He said he will release them when the IRS is done auditing them

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    That's basically where I'm at. Its hard to even move on to comparing issues on stances when only one of them is even qualified at a basic level to be president.
    The only qualifications to be President is that you are over 35 years old and a natural born citizen

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    Oh, you were not agreeing with him? Cool, I'll ask him...

What evidance do you have that without trade deals, US companies would not rely on cheap foreign labor?
    It wouldnt be more profitable for them to manufacture outside the US if we put a huge tariff on all imported goods. They would be forced to either leave the US market or employ Americans and manufacture goods in the US

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Pangean View Post
    And so begins Trump's laying of the path to avoid debates.

Of course these debates were set a year ago by an independent commission.
    And they know what days and times NFL games air as well. Its not like they just announced last month when NFL games will be played

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    And they know what days and times NFL games air as well. Its not like they just announced last month when NFL games will be played
    Both national debates and major NFL games make use of prime time slots. As do hundreds of other prominent events. If the independent commission were to set out to make a debate time with zero major conflicts with other events in the US, they'd lose massive viewership because it wouldn't be at a time that viewers will tune in to a debate.

10+ Year Old Account
    It wouldnt be more profitable for them to manufacture outside the US if we put a huge tariff on all imported goods. They would be forced to either leave the US market or employ Americans and manufacture goods in the US
    How much would a teriff need to be? In 2009, with existing trade deals in China, US was able to increase the tariff on tire imports to 35%. Do consider that China is communist, as in, their government revenue isn't just generated by taxes, but by vast majority of all facets of production. Their comparable employee cost is about 1/8 that of US. Their employers are also not on the hook for things like healthcare and unemployment insurance, due to communism.

This is why Trump said that US salaries are too high during republican debates.

NFL schedule released April 2016:
    http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300...ealed-thursday

September 23rd 2015 debate schedule released:
    http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/p...dule/81238502/

Trump no longer claim he received the letter, so time to stop defending him, time to claim that he meant a generic notification of schedule.
    http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...rding-debates/

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kasierith View Post
    Both national debates and major NFL games make use of prime time slots. As do hundreds of other prominent events. If the independent commission were to set out to make a debate time with zero major conflicts with other events in the US, they'd lose massive viewership because it wouldn't be at a time that viewers will tune in to a debate.
    In fact, to avoid NFL games nearly a year before knowing the schedule, they wouldn't be scheduling them on Sundays, Mondays or Thursdays. I will let you guess the 3 weekdays with segnificantly larger audience than remaining 4 days.

- - - Updated - - -

If you don't think Trump is full of shit about these NFL games. Think of it this way. Were the people scheduling these debates in September of 2015, the only ones who knew Trump will be the GOP nominee? To the point to prepare a set up? Don't even pretend for second, that anyone would have an anti-Trump contingency plan in September 2015, because of how absurd that comment would be.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

7+ Year Old Account
    He didnt refuse to release them. He said he will release them when the IRS is done auditing them
    I am sure you can then explain why he won't release his tax records for the years he is no longer under audit for then?

- - - Updated - - -

Lol the dates for the presidential debates we set and announced far in advance of the NFL's games. And while you are here defending him, care to explain why he claimed he received a letter from the NFL complaining about this when the NFL states they did not send him one? Do you support his lying?
    What are we gonna do now? Taking off his turban, they said, is this man a Jew?
    'Cause they're working for the clampdown
    They put up a poster saying we earn more than you!
    When we're working for the clampdown
    We will teach our twisted speech To the young believers
    We will train our blue-eyed men To be young believers

10+ Year Old Account
    Lol the dates for the presidential debates we set and announced far in advance of the NFL's games. And while you are here defending him, care to explain why he claimed he received a letter from the NFL complaining about this when the NFL states they did not send him one? Do you support his lying?
    His staff now claims it was just a generic schedule.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

I am sure you can then explain why he won't release his tax records for the years he is no longer under audit for then?
    And... as I think it's relevant... why is it he lied, I mean, says he can't reveal his audited taxes until EXACTLY November? Conveniently right after the election is done after the 3rd?

- - - Updated - - -

I used to think that... now that's not true the more you look into it as there's a LOT more you have to consider than just those two options.

First, you HAVE to consider that the US market is only 1/3rd of the global market. Not sure if you're good at math - but 2/3rds is larger than 1/3rd.

This is relevant for many reasons:

1) They (corporations) have invested millions (if not billions) into setting up plants and factories elsewhere. They're NOT going to abandon those factories at all as those factories will still remain profitable with the majority of non-tarrifed markets (ie. 2/3rds of the Global Market). Now consider they have to AGAIN invest millions/billions into re-creating MORE factories? For 1/3rd the market?

2) Manufacturing costs will vary depending on product. A PS4 is more expensive to make than several pairs of shoes. Many might find it's cheaper to NOT put factories in the US and, instead, either pull out of the US market OR simply find it cheaper to hike the price to meet the Tarrif.

3) After pissing off the rest of the world, what will stop the other countries from putting tarrifs on OUR products? This is what is meant by a "Trade War" that many fear that Donald Dump may start. Now we'd be stuck with 1/3rd the Global Market AND manufacturers will find it even LESS profitable than right now to produce in the USA than other countries, while completely eradicating our overseas export profits, which make up a vast majority of our GDP.

4) Employee costs are simply too great in the USA compared to slave-labor china. You're talking at LEAST a 600-1000%% increase in expenditures per-employee if moved to the USA (unless, of course, Donald Dump's plan to get rid of the Minimum Wage is an effort to convert our middle/lower classes into slave-labor China like servants...). This will make it less likely that companies will bring anything back here.
    Last edited by mvaliz; 2016-07-31 at 04:46 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I used to think that... now that's not true the more you look into it as there's a LOT more you have to consider than just those two options.

First, you HAVE to consider that the US market is only 1/3rd of the global market. Not sure if you're good at math - but 2/3rds is larger than 1/3rd.

This is relevant for many reasons:

1) They (corporations) have invested millions (if not billions) into setting up plants and factories elsewhere. They're NOT going to abandon those factories at all as those factories will still remain profitable with the majority of non-tarrifed markets (ie. 2/3rds of the Global Market). Now consider they have to AGAIN invest millions/billions into re-creating MORE factories? For 1/3rd the market?

2) Manufacturing costs will vary depending on product. A PS4 is more expensive to make than several pairs of shoes. Many might find it's cheaper to NOT put factories in the US and, instead, either pull out of the US market OR simply find it cheaper to hike the price to meet the Tarrif.

3) After pissing off the rest of the world, what will stop the other countries from putting tarrifs on OUR products? This is what is meant by a "Trade War" that many fear that Donald Dump may start. Now we'd be stuck with 1/3rd the Global Market AND manufacturers will find it even LESS profitable than right now to produce in the USA than other countries, while completely eradicating our overseas export profits, which make up a vast majority of our GDP.

4) Employee costs are simply too great in the USA compared to slave-labor china. You're talking at LEAST a 600-1000%% increase in expenditures per-employee if moved to the USA (unless, of course, Donald Dump's plan to get rid of the Minimum Wage is an effort to convert our middle/lower classes into slave-labor China like servants...). This will make it less likely that companies will bring anything back here.
    And perhaps the most important;

5> Manufacturing jobs that were outsourced overseas simply don't require much in the way of a skilled labor force nor do they produce enough profit to be worth paying the staff very well, which is why they were outsourced in the first place. The manufacturing sector isn't the primary sector in the USA, and that's a good thing, because its economy now favors more profitable sectors, like the service and knowledge sectors. A step backwards into a manufacturing-based economy makes as much sense as trying to encourage everyone to go back to farming for a living, because that's "how it used to be".

Orlong knows he's backed into a corner... but the hypocrisy that is "Self Interest" is going to put him into survival mode, so his brain will invent all kinds of excuses to avoid taking responsibility for it.

Also, may I ask - why is this a problem? as a) They scheduled this before in 2012 over NFL games and nobody had a problem with that. and b) we live in this age where there's things like "youtube" where you can watch recordings of said shows... and I venture to guess that most of today's audience does just that. Unless you're suggesting the majority who might vote for Dump aren't tech-savy with anything ranging from Youtube to a VCR...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post

5> Manufacturing jobs that were outsourced overseas simply don't require much in the way of a skilled labor force nor do they produce enough profit to be worth paying the staff very well, which is why they were outsourced in the first place. The manufacturing sector isn't the primary sector in the USA, and that's a good thing, because its economy now favors more profitable sectors, like the service and knowledge sectors. A step backwards into a manufacturing-based economy makes as much sense as trying to encourage everyone to go back to farming for a living, because that's "how it used to be".
    Now that's an angle I had not thought of Endus. Thanks! ^_^

What's really REALLY stupid is I've run into this with (don't laugh) Fallout 4's settlements. The larger I grew my settlements, the less "salvaging" I have to do with finding stuff. Now I have fast armies of robots who produce food, water and salvage that the other settlements have become pure playgrounds of setting up LOTS of shops and "science" areas for me to deposit and sell things. In short, I no longer have to "loot everything" as it buys me now time AND resources to serve making other better settlements! :P

OK, that was geeky - but just wanted to say that was a great point you made. ;P

7+ Year Old Account
    So Trump who consults himself for analysis on foreign affairs ("“But my primary consultant is myself and I have a good instinct for this stuff.") said the following. He has no clue about what is actually happening in the Ukraine but that doesn't stop him from pontificating on it. Sarah Palin would be proud.

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post

5> Manufacturing jobs that were outsourced overseas simply don't require much in the way of a skilled labor force nor do they produce enough profit to be worth paying the staff very well, which is why they were outsourced in the first place.
    I did want to mention on this bit though as that was my point of #4 really.

It does make me wonder if Donald Dump's desire to remove the Minimum Wage really IS an attempt to convert the Middle/Lower class into a slave-wage class akin to China then. Obviously that wouldn't (or shouldn't) fly here in America, but I honestly wouldn't put it past his Hubris to believe he could pull it off as such...

- - - Updated - - -

So Trump who consults himself for analysis on foreign affairs ("“But my primary consultant is myself and I have a good instinct for this stuff.") said the following. He has no clue about what is actually happening in the Ukraine but that doesn't stop him from pontificating on it. Sarah Palin would be proud.
    Speaking of Palin... am I the only one who has noticed she's gone REMARKABLY quiet for the past few months? Especially since her mysterious spontaneous absence from the RNC? I mean, hell, even Mark Rubio videoed in a message to everybody...

And don't give me that "It's a long way away" as that has NEVER stopped her from attending the RNC before (or any major Republican event, for that matter...)

And, again, why didn't she send a video or a friggin' note saying "Go Dump!" for the audience? Something's not right there...

I'm kinda wondering if she's abandoned the Dump bandwagon as well.

7+ Year Old Account
    And... as I think it's relevant... why is it he lied, I mean, says he can't reveal his audited taxes until EXACTLY November? Conveniently right after the election is done after the 3rd?
    He has kind of revealed it already. He thinks that Romney lost because he released his tax returns and they had "minor" issues. He knows his tax returns contain far more than minor issues and if the people saw them he would loose.

- - - Updated - - -

Orlong knows he's backed into a corner... but the hypocrisy that is "Self Interest" is going to put him into survival mode, so his brain will invent all kinds of excuses to avoid taking responsibility for it.

Also, may I ask - why is this a problem? as a) They scheduled this before in 2012 over NFL games and nobody had a problem with that. and b) we live in this age where there's things like "youtube" where you can watch recordings of said shows... and I venture to guess that most of today's audience does just that. Unless you're suggesting the majority who might vote for Dump aren't tech-savy with anything ranging from Youtube to a VCR...
    Yup Trump in 2016 is trying to run away from the debates using 1990's excuses. And useful idiots will gladly repeat them.

- - - Updated - - -

Speaking of Palin... am I the only one who has noticed she's gone REMARKABLY quiet for the past few months? Especially since her mysterious spontaneous absence from the RNC? I mean, hell, even Mark Rubio videoed in a message to everybody...

And don't give me that "It's a long way away" as that has NEVER stopped her from attending the RNC before (or any major Republican event, for that matter...)

And, again, why didn't she send a video or a friggin' note saying "Go Dump!" for the audience? Something's not right there...

I'm kinda wondering if she's abandoned the Dump bandwagon as well.
    Given her behavior for quite a bit and how bizarre it was I am thinking more along the line of rehab myself.

- - - Updated - - -

Here's a great example of the habitual lying by Trump and how he behaves when caught.

There are a number of passages worth noting in George Stephanopoulos's interview today with Donald Trump. But given the attention I've given to the issue, I wanted to start by noting the discussion of Trump's relationship or non-relationship with Vladimir Putin. As I noted in real time during Trump's press conference earlier this week, Trump flatly contradicted himself on the question on whether he's met, spoken to or has a relationship with Vladimir Putin. He has repeatedly said that they'd spoken in the past and developed a good rapport. He's even said it in extremely high profile settings like a live GOP primary debate.

Yet, in his press conference he denied ever meeting him or having any relationship at all. In itself, whether they've chatted a few times or met for pleasantries is really neither here nor there. But Trump's easy willingness to lie about it is notable. Here's the back and forth with Stephanopoulos ...

STEPHANOPOULOS: Let's talk about Russia. You made a lotta headlines with Russia this week. What exactly is your relationship with Vladimir Putin?
    TRUMP: I have no relationship with Putin. I have no relationship with Putin.

STEPHANOPOULOS: But if you have no relationship with Putin, then why did you say, in 2013, "I do have a relationship," in 2014, "I spoke--"

TRUMP: Because he has said nice things about me over the years. I remember years ago, he said something, many years ago, he said something very nice about me. I said something good about him when Larry King was on. This was a long time ago. And I said, "He is a tough cookie," or something to that effect. He said something nice about me. This has been going on. We did 60 Minutes together, by the way, not together together, meaning he was probably shot in Moscow--

STEPHANOPOULOS: Well, he was in Moscow.

TRUMP: --and I was shot in New York.

STEPHANOPOULOS: You were in New York. But that's the thing.

TRUMP: No, just so you understand, he said very nice things about me. But I have no relationship with him. I don't-- I've never met him--

STEPHANOPOULOS: Yet, you said, for three years, '13, '14, and '15, that you did have a relationship with him--

TRUMP: I had-- no, I-- look. What-- what do you call a relationship? I mean, he treats me--

STEPHANOPOULOS: I'm asking you.

TRUMP: --with great respect. I have no relationship with Putin. I don't think I've ever met him. I never met him. I don't think I've ever met him.

STEPHANOPOULOS: You would know it if you did, wouldn't you--

TRUMP: I think so. Yeah, I think so. So I've-- I don't think I've ever met him. I mean, if he's in the same room or something, but I don't think so.

STEPHANOPOULOS: Never spoken to him on the phone--

TRUMP: I've been in Moscow. I didn't meet him in Moscow. Where?

STEPHANOPOULOS: Never spoken to him on the phone?

TRUMP: I have never spoken to him on the phone, no. I've spe-- I've spoken-- when we had the Miss Universe contest a number of years ago, we had Miss Universe in Moscow, in the Moscow area. He was invited. He wanted to come. He wasn't able to come. That would've been a time when I would've met him.

STEPHANOPOULOS: But-- I-- I just wanna clear this up. Because you did say, on three different occasions, you had a relationship with him. Now you say there's none.

TRUMP: Well, I don't know what it means by having a relationship. I mean, he was saying very good things about me. But I don't have a relationship with him. I didn't meet him. I haven't spent time with him. I didn't have dinner with him. I didn't-- go hiking with him. I don't know-- I-- I wouldn't know him from Adam except I see his picture, and I would know what he looks like.

http://talkingpointsmemo.com/edblog/for-the-record--6

"“I do have a relationship, and I can tell you that he’s very interested in what we’re doing here today,” Trump told Roberts, when asked about his relationship with Putin. “He’s probably very interested in what you and I are saying today and I’m sure he’s going to be seeing it in some form. But I do have a relationship with him and I think it’s very interesting to see what’s happened.”
    Last edited by Pangean; 2016-07-31 at 05:42 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post

NFL schedule released April 2016:
    http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300...ealed-thursday

September 23rd 2015 debate schedule released:
    http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/p...dule/81238502/
    But they still know that there will be a game on at that time.They just dont know which one. They should have the debates on Friday nights when there is no chance of a big NFL game being on

But they still know that there will be a game on at that time.They just dont know which one. They should have the debates on Friday nights when there is no chance of a big NFL game being on
    You do realize there is a reason why Networks called friday night the "Death Slot". Of course Trump supporters would want this on a Friday because nobody is watching. Also I don't know why Trump is upset about this he is at a disadvantage in the debates because they will push him to explain policy (which so far he has very weak at). Lets say though he is right and more people are watching the NFL than the debates that is to his benefit (especially considering the demographics that would support him are NFL friendly anyways so he has nothing to lose by them being on the same day).
    Last edited by akris15; 2016-07-31 at 06:22 PM.

10+ Year Old Account

The problem is that they are both live events that people will be talking about the next day. Nobody wants to have the game or a debate spoiled by overhearing people the next day talking about it before you get home to watch your recording

The problem is that they are both live events that people will be talking about the next day. Nobody wants to have the game or a debate spoiled by overhearing people the next day talking about it before you get home to watch your recording
    Maybe you should tell the people you work with to work, not chit-chat.

Sounds like your'e part of the inefficient big government you complain about if you're talking to your coworkers about TV all day!

Quote Originally Posted by akris15 View Post
    Of course Trump supporters would want this on a Friday because nobody is watching..
    http://dailycaller.com/2016/07/27/tr...ounting-video/

Hillary hasn't talked to the Press in over 200 days and you think Trump is hiding from viewers?

Quote Originally Posted by Kcin14 View Post
    http://dailycaller.com/2016/07/27/tr...ounting-video/

Hillary hasn't talked to the Press in over 200 days and you think Trump is hiding from viewers?
    No hes just making statement that his campaign has to spend all week erasing what he said because he cant stand not leading the news. He gained nothing from that press conference but honestly lost "political capital" from it. The only people who thought he gained from that are hyper partisans.

10+ Year Old Account
    So, have you seen how that idiot self-destructed with the whole mother of a dead soldier thing? Honestly, only assholes will vote for him after that.

Seriously, the dude was controversial before, but this isn't just some controversy here - it's outright complete and total lack of morality. Hell, he should have shut his mouth, instead he went ahead and insulted people and started talking about his "sacrifices". What a swine.

That thing president of US? It would be a shame for centuries.