Quote Originally Posted by Nfinitii View Post
    Trump is in Louisiana, Obama is golfing and Hillary is mia.
    All three were asked to stay out of Louisiana so first response could focus on doing their job by the Governor. I guess the photo op was too good to pass up for Trump, mind you who is only showing up in areas that vote for Republican not areas that tend to vote Democrat.
    Quote Originally Posted by lakers01 View Post
    Those damn liberal colleges! Can you believe they brainwash people into thinking murder is wrong! And don't get me started with all that critical thinking bullshit!
    Quote Originally Posted by Rukentuts View Post
    I'm being trickled on from above. Wait that's not money.

Quote Originally Posted by Saucexorzski View Post
    There is nothing a rich man can do to help the folks down there, only FEMA is able to do good!
    considering that the intended work of FEMA is exactly that, and besides, they were asked to stay out of the zone at least for a moment
    Forgive my english, as i'm not a native speaker

Quote Originally Posted by Anevers View Post
    All three were asked to stay out of Louisiana so first response could focus on doing their job by the Governor. I guess the photo op was too good to pass up for Trump, mind you who is only showing up in areas that vote for Republican not areas that tend to vote Democrat.
    Hehe he's the wrong type of person to help those folks right, you know rich, white, and running on the Republican ticket.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Thepersona View Post
    considering that the intended work of FEMA is exactly that, and besides, they were asked to stay out of the zone at least for a moment
    I'm eagerly awaiting the news of the catastrophe Trumps very presence causes.
    "It doesn't matter if you believe me or not but common sense doesn't really work here. You're mad, I'm mad. We're all MAD here."

Hehe he's the wrong type of person to help those folks right, you know rich, white, and running on the Republican ticket.
    "rich", and orange.

Quote Originally Posted by Sky High View Post
    "rich", and orange.
    Even Worse! Those pretentious orange folks too good for the normal flavors of human.
    "It doesn't matter if you believe me or not but common sense doesn't really work here. You're mad, I'm mad. We're all MAD here."

Even Worse! Those pretentious orange folks too good for the normal flavors of human.
    leather sofa chairs in suits don't know human suffering.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm eagerly awaiting the news of the catastrophe Trumps very presence causes.
    A waste of needed resources to clear space (block off roads, etc.) for him and his entourage.

Warning : Above post may contain snark and/or sarcasm. Try reparsing with the /s argument before replying.
    What the world has learned is that America is never more than one election away from losing its goddamned mind
    Quote Originally Posted by Howard Tayler
    Political conservatism is just atavism with extra syllables and a necktie.
    Me on Elite : Dangerous | My WoW characters

Quote Originally Posted by Masark View Post
    A waste of needed resources to clear space (block off roads, etc.) for him and his entourage.
    So what's the death count caused by him? Or is this more assumptions that he can not possible help. So strange so strange. Banning folks from helping those in need because you don't like them.

So what's the death count caused by him? Or is this more assumptions that he can not possible help. So strange so strange. Banning folks from helping those in need because you don't like them.
    no, dont assume that, i say that neither hillary nor the donald should be there, at least for a few days. Obama, as the POTUS should go, to oversee the ongoing efforts done by FEMA
    Forgive my english, as i'm not a native speaker

no, dont assume that, i say that neither hillary nor the donald should be there, at least for a few days. Obama, as the POTUS should go, to oversee the ongoing efforts done by FEMA
    And I say let him go if he wants to help. Besides, he is likely to Trump the hell out of it and then you really will have something to criticize him for. At this point all you folks complaining just make me think of my 6 year old niece after being told she can't have a soda for dinner.

10+ Year Old Account
    And I say let him go if he wants to help
    Which he isn't going to. He isn't going to be picking up a shovel, broom, or pump to clean up. He isn't going to help distribute supplies.

He's going to walk around having pictures taken of himself followed by dozens of similarly useless people who will take up food, water, fuel, etc. that could be better used by the people there if the useless bunch weren't there.

You wait until the situation is stabilized by the people whose job that is, then you come in and pledge stuff for rebuilding.

Warning : Above post may contain snark and/or sarcasm. Try reparsing with the /s argument before replying.
    What the world has learned is that America is never more than one election away from losing its goddamned mind
    Quote Originally Posted by Howard Tayler
    Political conservatism is just atavism with extra syllables and a necktie.
    Me on Elite : Dangerous | My WoW characters

Quote Originally Posted by Masark View Post
    Which he isn't going to. He isn't going to be picking up a shovel, broom, or pump to clean up. He isn't going to help distribute supplies.

He's going to walk around having pictures taken of himself followed by dozens of similarly useless people who will take up food, water, fuel, etc. that could be better used by the people there if the useless bunch weren't there.

You wait until the situation is stabilized by the people whose job that is, then you come in and pledge stuff for rebuilding.
    So I'm sure you have a list of the folks lives he has made worse by his very presence. Other wise your fantasies are just that until true.

What can any of those people do? Trump visited, had some pictures taken, and helped unload a truck for about 40 seconds. This whole idea that a politician should visit a disaster zone is asinine. All it does is consume resources that need to go to people that are actually harmed.

What is he gonna "oversee?" What expertise does he have in that regard? No one should go, except maybe to offer support to people, tour the area, make a speech. Just let the people there do their jobs.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Algy View Post
    This whole idea that a politician should visit a disaster zone is asinine. All it does is consume resources that need to go to people that are actually harmed.
    Exactly. Well put.

Why? The President isn't an expert in disaster relief.

7+ Year Old Account
    Interesting editorial on the effects of Trump.

How Can America Recover From Donald Trump?

Donald Trump is heading to November like a certain zeppelin heading to New Jersey, in a darkening sky that crackles with electricity. He is fighting crosswinds and trying new tacks — hiring the head of Breitbart News to run his campaign, trying on a new emotion (regret) in a speech on Thursday night, promising to talk more this week about immigration, his prime subject. There’s still no telling what will happen when the gasbag reaches the mooring.

It could be that the polls are right, and Mr. Trump will go down in flames. But while that will solve an immediate problem, a larger one will remain. The message of hatred and paranoia that is inciting millions of voters will outlast the messenger. The toxic effects of Trumpism will have to be addressed.

The most obvious damage has already been done — to the debate over immigration, a subject that is America’s pride but that can also show the country at its worst. Mr. Trump’s solution is to build an unbuildable border wall and force 11 million people out of the country, while letting millions of “good ones” back in. Or maybe not — now he says he wants to bar immigrants from most of the world, except for a few who pass religious and ideological tests. “Extreme vetting,” he calls it, bringing the Alien and Sedition Acts and McCarthyism into the reality-TV age.

Yes, Mr. Trump speaks frontier gibberish. Outright nativism remains a fringe American phenomenon. But there is no shortage of mainstream politicians who have endorsed his message by endorsing the Republican nominee. Anyone hoping to build a serious solution to immigration after this election will have to confront the unworkable ideas and vicious emotions that Mr. Trump, with many enablers, has dragged into the open.

It seems like a century ago, but it was only 2001 when a Republican president, George W. Bush, began talking about a once-in-a-generation overhaul of the outdated American immigration laws. He sought a bipartisan consensus to boost the economy and make millions right with the law. Then came 9/11. Though sensible immigration reform gained the broad support of the American public, legislation in Congress repeatedly failed, ambushed by hard-core Republican partisans.

This year brought the fever dream of the Republican National Convention in Cleveland, where speaker after speaker presented a vision of foreigners stealing across the border to rob, rape and kill. Cued by Mr. Trump, they scapegoated immigrants and refugees in general and Latinos and Muslims in particular. The crowd cheered for Sheriff Joe Arpaio, brutalizer of Arizona Latinos, and Rudolph Giuliani, who hollered about terrorists and criminals as if running for mayor of Gotham City.

It’s no wonder that the nativists are feeling inspired, the bigots emboldened. The white supremacist David Duke is running for the Senate. Stephen Bannon, Breitbart’s chief purveyor of conspiracy theories and anti-Muslim, anti-immigrant venom, is the natural ally of a candidate who hints that President Obama is a secret Muslim and who insists that Muslims in New Jersey danced by the thousands as the towers fell on 9/11.

Optimists, eyes on the polls, hope that Mr. Trump, in losing, will discredit these views and that Republicans next year will sue for peace. Under this scenario Hillary Clinton and Paul Ryan or whoever is running Congress will move fast to push forward a rational immigration reform bill.

Remember, though, the post-mortem that found Republicans chastened after the more genteel nativism of the 2012 Mitt Romney campaign. The last vestiges of that contrition vanished as Mr. Trump, warning about Mexican rapists, vaulted atop the polls.

Trump supporters have now been promised a nation where non-natives, and their children, are locked outside the borders forever. They have been promised, inside a new wall, new factories where everyone will build things, speak only English and be rich. What will happen when they learn that none of this is real?

The challenge to responsible leaders of any political party will be to separate the economic discontent from the bigotry and paranoia that are the key to the Trump phenomenon. The question to future Republican leaders is whether they will even try to do so.

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/08/21/op...imes&smtyp=cur
    What are we gonna do now? Taking off his turban, they said, is this man a Jew?
    'Cause they're working for the clampdown
    They put up a poster saying we earn more than you!
    When we're working for the clampdown
    We will teach our twisted speech To the young believers
    We will train our blue-eyed men To be young believers

Quote Originally Posted by Algy View Post
    What can any of those people do? Trump visited, had some pictures taken, and helped unload a truck for about 40 seconds. This whole idea that a politician should visit a disaster zone is asinine. All it does is consume resources that need to go to people that are actually harmed.
    True.
    Watch Donald Trump Spend Exactly 49 Seconds ‘Helping Out’ Louisiana Flood Victims
    He shouldn't have been there at all, but at least he got his photo op with the Play-Doh before hauling ass.
    Help control the population. Have your blood elf spayed or neutered.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by BrerBear View Post
    True.
    Watch Donald Trump Spend Exactly 49 Seconds ‘Helping Out’ Louisiana Flood Victims
    He shouldn't have been there at all, but at least he got his photo op with the Play-Doh before hauling ass.
    49 seconds. Sad, low energy effort. But I am sure the alleged billionaire will be taking out his checkbook to contribute some funds? Right? LOL.
    What are we gonna do now? Taking off his turban, they said, is this man a Jew?
    'Cause they're working for the clampdown
    They put up a poster saying we earn more than you!
    When we're working for the clampdown
    We will teach our twisted speech To the young believers
    We will train our blue-eyed men To be young believers

10+ Year Old Account
    The governor and FEMA begging the President and Clinton not to come, and all three remain within daily communication. And Trump showed up without even calling first, unloaded a truck for about 49 seconds, and was out of the state in under 24 hours after arriving.

Trump did better than nothing, but if he's really worth $10 billion (he isn't) he could give $10 million of his own personal (not campaign) funds as easily as I could give $10 of my own money. That'd have been huge. Instead, he staged a photo-op, despite specific pressure from the governor not to do exactly that.

Quote Originally Posted by Pangean View Post
    49 seconds. Sad, low energy effort. But I am sure the alleged billionaire will be taking out his checkbook to contribute some funds? Right? LOL.
    This has Ailes written all over it, it is text book Ailes to make a party look bad by making it look like the democrats are not doing what they should even though there is a reason why they are not, like When Obama didn't go to the Berlin Wall anniversary celebration, not going was spitting on freedom from communism, going was spitting on every American suffering from the housing bubble burst.

Textbook Ailes, almost as text book as telling women if they want to work in the media they have to spread legs for him and some of his friends. Now every time I watch Fox 'news' and see a female on camera I wonder if the let Ailes crawl his fat sack all over her.