The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Nope! We have every right to see what kinds of conflicts of interest a man who wants to be president has.

Stop arguing for less transparency just because its your guy.
    You have the right to express your opinion he should release them. But not the legal right.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    You have the right to express your opinion he should release them. But not the legal right.
    No shit kid, thanks for telling us all things we already know.

You're still arguing his tax records are not relevant information to the people he wants to vote for him and that's wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Kujako View Post
    That's the funny part. For the whole "she called you deplorable" bit to be true, you have to be a bigot, racist, or one of the other things she listed.
    Oh that's easy though. You just have to not vote for Hillary, then one is all of those. See very simple.
    "It doesn't matter if you believe me or not but common sense doesn't really work here. You're mad, I'm mad. We're all MAD here."

10+ Year Old Account
    No shit kid, thanks for telling us all things we already know.

You're still arguing his tax records are not relevant information to the people he wants to vote for him and that's wrong.
    Well, if it is important for them, then they will not vote for him, correct?

You see, I will be disappointed of course if he loses, but will shrug and say " Meh, it was meant to be. The people have made their choice. It was meant to be. " and move on. I use to think he should release them. But at this point, it may only give the Hillary team more ammo to use. He should stay focused on the important issues with her and ignore the requests for his tax returns and let the voters decide.

And as a side note, I am more than likely older than you are whipper snapper. hehe.
    Last edited by Ghostpanther; 2016-09-13 at 09:53 PM.

Well, if it is important for them, then they will not vote for him, correct?

You see, I will be disappointed of course if he loses, but will shrug and say " Meh, it was meant to be. The people have made their choice. It was meant to be. " and move on. I use to think he should release them. But at this point, it may only give the Hillary team more ammo to use. He should stay focused on the important issues with her and ignore the requests for his tax returns and let the voters decide.
    Just so we're clear here, you're ok with Trump deliberately withholding information that not only has he cited as one of his merits, but that he's said others should release in the past?

10+ Year Old Account
    Just so we're clear here, you're ok with Trump deliberately withholding information that not only has he cited as one of his merits, but that he's said others should release in the past?
    Yep. Since it is not a law to do so, I have no issue with it. I will vote for him because I think he would be a better ( not ideal ) President than Hillary would be. Simple as that.

Quote Originally Posted by DocSavageFan View Post
    Perfectly qualified my ass. This position involved nuclear security...advice on tactical nuclear weapons and on other crucial arms control issues.

Here's a link on the outside chance you want to educate yourself.

How Clinton Donor Got on Sensitive Intelligence Board
    http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/clint...ry?id=39710624
    Read what Raj said in his own words. Raj got rich founding trading exchanges. He sounds legit. He knew he was a little underqualified at the time, but he had been studying up for this unpaid, advisory board position. That one ABC link omits a lot of detail about Raj and spins the nature of the voluntary advisory board into something much more substantial than it was.

“Everybody on that board is a top-level defense expert, yet I feel like I can add a lot to the group,” he wrote. “I have two professors from Northwestern and one from University of Chicago who are international security experts and are getting me up to speed on the academics behind the field.”

“They will have their list and Hillary will have hers and at the end of the day as long as they don’t have opposition to any of Hillary’s people, they should get in,” he wrote.

“In addition to my previous experiences listed in my resume, I have been meeting with professors from Northwestern, University of Chicago and Yale for the past 6 months,” he wrote to Abedin. “I know I will be able to hold my own and be valued contributor to this board. I promise I will make the secretary look good.”

http://www.mcclatchydc.com/news/poli...e85883852.html

Raj is now in Brookings as a real cyber security guy and has some heavyweights to back him up.

Brigadier General Stephen A. Cheney And Current ISAB Member: Fernando’s “Expertise In Cyber-Security Is A Great Asset To Our National Security.” Retired Brigadier General Stephen A. Cheney is the CEO of the American Security Project, where Fernando is a board member. He tweeted of Fernando: “I serve on the ISAB. #RajFernando expertise in cyber-security is a great asset to our national security.” [Twitter.com, 6/11/16]

Fernando Also “Serves On The Foreign Policy Program Leadership Committee At The Brookings Institution And Is A Member Of The Chicago Council On Global Affairs.” [American Security Project, accessed 6/11/16]

Brookings VP: "I’ve Always Valued His Foreign Policy Insights." Brookings executive vice president and former U.S. ambassador to Israel Martin Indyk promoted Stephen Cheney's praise of Fernando, adding, "Can’t speak to #RajFernando role on ISAB but I’ve always valued his foreign policy insights." [Twitter.com, 6/11/16]

http://mediamatters.org/research/201...dvisory/210871

On the off chance you actually have a job, you certainly got it through smarts and connections. Raj played the game and moved up. It appears HRC's faith in him was warranted.

Yep. Since it is not a law to do so, I have no issue with it. I will vote for him because I think he would be a better ( not ideal ) President than Hillary would be. Simple as that.
    At least you're not shy about being full of shit.

10+ Year Old Account
    Typical condescending response from a liberal democrat. I am not surprised at all.

Typical condescending response from a liberal democrat. I am not surprised at all.
    "Its ok for Trump to withhold information from the public because I want to vote for him".

I've got Ghostpanther pegged as a public masturbator. You know? He comes in here, makes claims he doesn't bother to support with facts, refuses to accept the opinion of anyone who disagrees with him, and always finishes with a smile.

Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    Very serious, and obviously more mature.

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah none at all, oh wait... http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/clint...ry?id=39710624
    No, you aren't because as I believe, that person was even endorsed by 2 people that were on the same board.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Raj_Fernando
    And I quote:
    ISAB executive director Richard Hartman referred Fernando as an expert in "cyber security," and said that Fernando has experience in the private sector implementing sophisticated risk management systems, information technology and international financial markets. Retired Brigadier General Stephen A. Cheney, ISAB member and CEO of American Security Project, said Fernando’s "expertise in cyber-security is a great asset to our national security."
    Doesn't sound like he has no experience like the ABC article suggests.

Quote Originally Posted by LaserSharkDFB View Post
    I've got Ghostpanther pegged as a public masturbator. You know? He comes in here, makes claims he doesn't bother to support with facts, refuses to accept the opinion of anyone who disagrees with him, and always finishes with a smile.
    Try and hold a conversation with someone you disagree with without stopping to low insults. A lot of people have said they are voting for X because X is less of a disaster than Y in their opinion. You are allowed to disagree in your opinion but there is no need to call people you disagree with public masterbaters.

Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Try and hold a conversation with someone you disagree with without stopping to low insults. A lot of people have said they are voting for X because X is less of a disaster than Y in their opinion. You are allowed to disagree in your opinion but there is no need to call people you disagree with public masterbaters.
    The thing that's "special" about Ghostpanther is he will simultaneously complain about Clinton doing X and when someone points out Trump routinely does 3X he'll claim they're mad and that it doesn't matter because he's voting Trump.

10+ Year Old Account
    Huh? Myself? When?
    Context. I was talking about Trump. I'm willing to bet you're not a massive hypocrite, and doubt you've evaded taxes.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by DocSavageFan View Post
    Not even remotely equivalent...consider yourself called out.
    I'm called out for...pointing out that Trump has made the most important people in his campaign donors who are either unqualified, or work directly for foreign powers? I'll accept that.

Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Well, number one, at no point did I disparage him just because he has a different opinion. I disparage him because he is a waste of space and brings nothing to the conversation one way or another. And he literally said that two federal intelligence experts do not have a valid opinion because they were 'biased' against Trump. And number two, I was more talking about his methods than his character. But fair enough.

The thing that's "special" about Ghostpanther is he will simultaneously complain about Clinton doing X and when someone points out Trump routinely does 3X he'll claim they're mad and that it doesn't matter because he's voting Trump.
    People who vote for Trump will vote for him whatever he does, their hatred of anyone democrat or Clinton is greater than anything else. Trump has said so many things that are vile and horrible that voting for him in spite of that means there is nothing on earth that will make them not vote for him.

It's a free country they are allowed to do so but don't expect any logical reason for it.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    You can only throw out personal insults and you think I should take you serious.
    Apparently you can't address legitimate arguments levied at you if a person has ever pointed out your blatant hypocrisy.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

10+ Year Old Account
    The "deplorables" basket of fun continues. CNN gave an interview with the author of this article who defends the comment with a Trump voter's biggest weakness: valid, cited sources. Expect to see it on Politifact soon, one way or the other (or the other etc, there's six rulings).

Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    The "deplorables" basket of fun continues. CNN gave an interview with the author of this article who defends the comment with a Trump voter's biggest weakness: valid, cited sources. Expect to see it on Politifact soon, one way or the other (or the other etc, there's six rulings).
    I still can't get over how Trump called on Clinton to drop out of the race over that. if the threshold for being president is you don't make sweeping, divisive comments then Trump's campaign should have ended the day he announced it, but hey the Don doesn't have to answer to other people's standards. not even his own.