Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    I believe it pretty much does. And this forum is going to be a lot more hectic for Trump - he's never really done a Town Hall meeting. 360 degree view of his actions and his mannerisms. Hillary has done about a billion of these - Trump should, once again, get his ass handed to him.
    He did the Commander in Chief one! Remember, the one where he "corrected" the soldier on the stats for veteran suicides, said Obama had "set the date" for the Iraqi troop withdrawal despite it being said before he was in office, pretended that Obama's visits to Cuba, China, and Saudi Arabia were the first time that presidents weren't met by the leaders of nations on the tarmack (it wasn't), forgot that he supported Hillary's "terrible mistake" to remove Gadhafi from power, and others.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    He did the Commander in Chief one! Remember, the one where he "corrected" the soldier on the stats for veteran suicides, said Obama had "set the date" for the Iraqi troop withdrawal despite it being said before he was in office, pretended that Obama's visits to Cuba, China, and Saudi Arabia were the first time that presidents weren't met by the leaders of nations on the tarmack (it wasn't), forgot that he supported Hillary's "terrible mistake" to remove Gadhafi from power, and others.
    Does anyone know how these questions by the audience are vetted, if at all, and how they are chosen?

If someone asks Trump a question he doesn't like (something like questioning something he said), I foresee him having a complete meltdown, so I'm curious how likely this is going to happen.

Hillary on the other hand, even her haters will admit that she's a complete politician, so she'll be able to shrug off any controversial questions.

Quote Originally Posted by Noxx79 View Post
    Does anyone know how these questions by the audience are vetted, if at all, and how they are chosen?
    I don't, but I do know that how the questions/questioners are chosen can vary from town hall to town hall.

If someone asks Trump a question he doesn't like (something like questioning something he said), I foresee him having a complete meltdown, so I'm curious how likely this is going to happen.
    I don't. You've got to really poke at him and get under his skin a bit for that, which requires more than a single question. Hillary showed a good example of some of the results of that during the last debate. If he gets a question he doesn't like, he'll just do the usual politician response of either reframing it so that he answers the question he wants to (unlikely), completely ignoring the question itself, or act like his usual self and say something stupid.

Hillary on the other hand, even her haters will admit that she's a complete politician, so she'll be able to shrug off any controversial questions.
    It's almost like her preparation for these things pays off : P

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    The chances are better than slight that the Dems take the Senate, but with a month to go, anything can happen - especially in this election. They won't get the super majority, though, but it would still mean they could control the agenda again.
    Goodness that's increased significantly since last I looked. It was like 53/47 last I checked. Wonder what happened to swing that so far back again.

On a separate note, I can't help but find some significant amount of hypocrisy about how the GOP has attacked Obama on a lack of transparency and then turn around and nominate the least transparent candidate in recent history for their nominee. It really seems they lack any sort of foundation when it comes to their principles.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lenonis View Post
    Goodness that's increased significantly since last I looked. It was like 53/47 last I checked. Wonder what happened to swing that so far back again.
    I think the phrase you want is "down ballot"

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    It is a little crazy how quickly it's moving in the direction of blue. There are a couple of interesting write-ups about their methodology and how they see the percentages affecting real time poll status.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    I think the phrase you want is "down ballot"
    Probably -- although I worry dems are going to get complacent and not show up at the ballot box.

10+ Year Old Account
    Probably -- although I worry dems are going to get complacent and not show up at the ballot box.
    Normally I might agree, but there is zero love lost in this election. Friggin' EVERYONE is going to show up. The sheer drama of this election has driven voter turnout to its highest level in centuries: six percent.

i think that the dems are trying to prevent exactly that, they try to instill "fear" to their voters so they go out and cast their candidate on the ballot (in this case HRC, and the respective senators for each state).
    Forgive my english, as i'm not a native speaker

10+ Year Old Account
    Normally I might agree, but there is zero love lost in this election. Friggin' EVERYONE is going to show up. The sheer drama of this election has driven voter turnout to its highest level in centuries: six percent.
    Ehhhh, I'm not sure I agree with that. People are loving the spectacle but I'm not sure that will turn into votes -- especially given the unfavorables of both candidates. Not many people are going to be enthusiastic about their candidate which may weaken turnout.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Thepersona View Post
    i think that the dems are trying to prevent exactly that, they try to instill "fear" to their voters so they go out and cast their candidate on the ballot (in this case HRC, and the respective senators for each state).
    I think the Dem strategy of hammering that the SCOTUS is at stake given the decisions have been decided right leaning with a few exceptions and that's not thrilled the liberal/progressive part of the party.

On a separate note, I can't help but find some significant amount of hypocrisy about how the GOP has attacked Obama on a lack of transparency and then turn around and nominate the least transparent candidate in recent history for their nominee. It really seems they lack any sort of foundation when it comes to their principles.
    It was probably that Trump opened his fat mouth and shoved both feet up to his ass in it. I mean a complete meltdown of the debate and then the week after, tends to get people thinking that they can't let Republicans have power if they are supporting the cheeto flavored nutball.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Orbitus View Post
    It was probably that Trump opened his fat mouth and shoved both feet up to his ass in it. I mean a complete meltdown of the debate and then the week after, tends to get people thinking that they can't let Republicans have power if they are supporting the cheeto flavored nutball.

By the way, how do you guys like the Pence-Kaine debate is on National Taco Day? You can't make this stuff up.

By the way, how do you guys like the Pence-Kaine debate is on National Taco Day? You can't make this stuff up.
    Alrighty then, not quite a cheeto flavored nutball, but close enough lol.

Trump will be live tweeting the VP debate no one is going to pay attention to them and waiting on him to drop another bombshell unless someone else takes his phones away.

I have a feeling this will be a good debate. Kaine creeps me the hell out and I have a feeling he won't hold up debate wise against Pence, even if it should be an easy win for him.

Quote Originally Posted by Dracos854 View Post
    Trump will be live tweeting the VP debate no one is going to pay attention to them and waiting on him to drop another bombshell unless someone else takes his phones away.
    So you mean Trump is going to make sure he keeps slipping in the polls? Got it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Celista View Post
    I have a feeling this will be a good debate. Kaine creeps me the hell out and I have a feeling he won't hold up debate wise against Pence, even if it should be an easy win for him.
    More Trump impersonations from Pence please... make America cringe again!
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    Has he ever done one? I know Kaine has during the DNC, and damn was it awful. I don't think I can cringe far enough into my work chair to make it through another attempt.

Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    Kaine looks like a creepy clown. Yes, completely irrelevant to his politics/whatever his debate performance will be, but still.

*shudders*

10+ Year Old Account
    Winning and losing aside, a major story wandering around the news are variations of this one:

Mike Pence’s Defense Strategy: Dodge and Deflect Donald Trump’s Words

Mr. Kaine, who was compelled to spend much of his time defending Mrs. Clinton, seemed at times bewildered by Mr. Pence’s coolly effective performance. “He is trying to fuzz up what Donald Trump has said,” Mr. Kaine said.

And he was right. Pressed on Mr. Trump’s startling and unsubstantiated claim that Mexico was sending rapists and criminals to the United States, Mr. Pence protested that his running mate had called some [EDIT: Pence said "many". Pence was wrong.] of those immigrants “good people.”

Time and again, Mr. Kaine beseeched Mr. Pence to explain or justify Mr. Trump’s behavior.

Time and again, Mr. Pence found a way not to.