Quote Originally Posted by Truculentt View Post
    I understand that it's hard to swallow, but they aren't coincidences. people get paid very large salaries (and bonuses) to plan and execute these ideas.

Sure, did Trump's own actions contribute? absolutely.

but if you go to the store to buy underwear and pull one off the shelf, who choose the underwear? was it you, or the guy that decided what's on the shelf?

Thats marketing in its simplest form. your choices are made before you even enter the store.
    I know you think everyone is stupid but not everyone is and I certainly am not. You are barking up the wrong mother fuckers tree if you are going after me for brand recognition. I don't give a shit what kind of shoes anyone has, I don't care if you drive an expensive car and I certainly don't give a shit what generation your iphone is. I was raised in upstate NY and there is one thing you learn very fucking quickly in upstate NY, they are very utilitarian and they don't give a shit if something is pretty so long as it serves it's purpose. Your house can look like a termite infested shit hole trailer welded to a van so long as it keeps you warm in the winter.

When I buy underwear I look at prices, type of fabric and quantity in the package when I buy underwear. I don't need fancy expensive underwear, I need to protect my pants from my ass and thats all my underwear have to do. I don't even know what brand I bought last because I don't pay attention to such things. I don't care if you think $200 nikes make you look rich, I wear $20 shoes that have good air flow. I don't drive a mustang to make myself feel like I am better than someone else, I drive a toyota because it has good ratings, it uses less gas than most cars and it doesn't raise the cost of my car insurance.

So you can stow your media mind control blitz. I don't buy that shit either.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kujako View Post
    Dang.... five thirty eight is showing AZ as blue now.
    You think that's bad? Check out Wisconsin. Guess what happens when you declare war on your state's favorite GOPerson?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    So...you're saying Clinton, somehow, got the media to make Donald Trump put his underwear on the shelf. I mean, run for President.

Okay.
    It's worse... he is saying that the media is to blame for reporting scandals on Trump. It's hard to see, because while saying this he is claiming to defend real journalists. But, the store is media, the shelf is airwaves and the underwear is Trump's words...
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post

You do know that Trump, not the media, said that the reason he doesn't pay taxes was because he is just like those pulling Hillary's strings? Going as far as to claim he won't name them, to not make them famous. As in, litteraly claiming he is the man behind the curtain and he will not reveals others behind him with it. Not the media, straight from the mouth of Trump...
    Don't you know that we can't form our own opinions of what Trump says becuase the media has infiltrated our brains?! It's the Yeerk invasion all over again man, game over.

Trump Visser One confirmed.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Because fuck you, that's why.

Quote Originally Posted by jackofwind View Post
    More like:

Viewer: I'm going to look at what the candidates are saying.
    Media: Wow, Trump has said some crazy shit and is a bigot.
    Viewer: Really? I'd better look into that for myself to see if it's really true.
    Media: Here are some short clips to prove our point of view.
    Viewer: I'm actually going to watch full primary sourced videos of Trump speeches so I can see for myself and make an opinion.
    .... ....
    Holy shit, Trump has said some insanely bigoted things and also speaks like a 9 year old with a learning disability.

But you're right, actually. Primary sources can't be argued, they can only be interpreted. That's their inherent nature. Once they're interpreted, those interpretations become secondary sources, and those can be argued against because they're people's opinions of the primary source. Trump's statements are fact, in that it is factual that he said them (the only one who falsely disputes this is him, but that's a totally other story). They are primary sources. Your interpretation of the meaning in those statements is your personal opinion, therefore it is a secondary source.

Basically what you're saying is that no one is able to form their own ideas because they've seen media releases in the past. For instance, seeing how fuckin weird Trump acted in the second debate is meaningless, and any opinion you form based on it should be dismissed, because at some point you may have watched the news.

Trump makes a ludicrous statement, you watch him do it live. You see the whole thing. You form an opinion based on watched his actual actions and words. Whoops, too bad apparently your opinion is irrelevant because "the media planted it in your head" before you even watched him speak? Get real. If you actually believe that nonsense then you essentially believe that no one is able to form a personal opinion about anything in existence because somewhere along the way the media has brainwashed them.

Wear brand names? The media absolutely told you to do so.
    Don't wear brand names? The media told you to do that too! Counterculture!
    Like Nickelback? Way to buck the trend, but too bad you only like them because the media said they're unfairly maligned.
    Don't like Nickelback? You would, but the media told you not to like such a lame and safe commercial band.

This is what I have to say to you and your silly opinion: it's dismissable because the media planted it in your head.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh I see. You've stocked up on rolls of tinfoil. Wikileaks is no more or less a primary source than Trump's own speeches, tweets, and releases are. If you believe you can form an opinion regarding one but not the other you're a hypocrite.
    you're getting close, but its a little more complex than you mentioned...

"the media" have analytics departments that know, within a fairly acceptable margin of error:
    - who hasnt decided how to vote yet.
    - what type of devices they use.
    - what topics are also relevant to them
    - the time of day when they're reading relevant articles about the election
    - the news sources they trust
    -

etc x about 1500, and then you'll have a close understanding of exactly how easily it is to sway public opinion. Remember, at the end of the day there are ONLY 2 real choices.

dude. That's propaganda. It's a coverup.

fyi - the guy who leaked the first dnc leak is dead. shot in the back 3 times at 4am on the way home from a party. he worked at the DNC https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Murder_of_Seth_Rich

dispite contrary belief and main stream media propaganda, he was not Russian.
    You really need to stop putting your conspiracy theory hot sauce on every fucking thing. You lose your credibility and everybody just rolls there eyes and thinks, "Here we go again...."

10+ Year Old Account
    Business at Trump properties is down 30% and losing value fast, six to thirteen percent since June depending on what you're looking at (real estate, golf, etc).

Quote Originally Posted by Garnier Fructis View Post
    http://www.nytimes.com/2016/10/13/up...ages.html?_r=0

Long story short, the poll that consistently has Trump doing better than the rest (the LA USC one) is doing so because they weight one guy like 30 times more than the average, and he's voting for Trump.

They didn't do this on purpose, it just sort of happened as a result of their weighting choices. The end result being a consistent outlier.
    Many polls that show Clinton lead also happen to be skewed toward Democrats...

Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    I know you think everyone is stupid but not everyone is and I certainly am not. You are barking up the wrong mother fuckers tree if you are going after me for brand recognition. I don't give a shit what kind of shoes anyone has, I don't care if you drive an expensive car and I certainly don't give a shit what generation your iphone is. I was raised in upstate NY and there is one thing you learn very fucking quickly in upstate NY, they are very utilitarian and they don't give a shit if something is pretty so long as it serves it's purpose. Your house can look like a termite infested shit hole trailer welded to a van so long as it keeps you warm in the winter.

When I buy underwear I look at prices, type of fabric and quantity in the package when I buy underwear. I don't need fancy expensive underwear, I need to protect my pants from my ass and thats all my underwear have to do. I don't even know what brand I bought last because I don't pay attention to such things. I don't care if you think $200 nikes make you look rich, I wear $20 shoes that have good air flow. I don't drive a mustang to make myself feel like I am better than someone else, I drive a toyota because it has good ratings, it uses less gas than most cars and it doesn't raise the cost of my car insurance.

So you can stow your media mind control blitz. I don't buy that shit either.
    you're missing the bigger picture.

it doesn't matter if YOU personally fit that description. The fact is that the majority does. And influencing the majority is all that matters in terms of election marketing.

Say you vote independent? great. campaign strategists don't give a flying rats ass. all they need is enough idiots to win. PERIOD.

Business at Trump properties is down 30% and losing value fast, six to thirteen percent since June depending on what you're looking at (real estate, golf, etc).
    Obviously Obama and his bad economy. Geez! Yes, even worldwide properties it they are included.

Is there comparison to other similar venues?

(reads article) Hmm, nope.

10+ Year Old Account
    you're getting close, but its a little more complex than you mentioned...

"the media" have analytics departments that know, within a fairly acceptable margin of error:
    - who hasnt decided how to vote yet.
    - what type of devices they use.
    - what topics are also relevant to them
    - the time of day when they're reading relevant articles about the election
    - the news sources they trust
    -

etc x about 1500, and then you'll have a close understanding of exactly how easily it is to sway public opinion. Remember, at the end of the day there are ONLY 2 real choices.
    Can you name every single entity involved in doing this? Like, list everything starting with ABCDE channel 22 in Delaware, all the way down to zombienews.gov.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post

You're suggesting that his 8% loss in real estate since June, so about 24% annual rate, is comparable to the average.

Okay.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post

Uhm... you do know what would be happening to US right now if similar business suffered a 30% loss? The reason it's segnificant, isn't the fact that it's normal.

So...you're saying Clinton, somehow, got the media to make Donald Trump put his underwear on the shelf. I mean, run for President.

Okay.
    I think if we're going down this conspiracy rabbithole it's more likely that Bill and Donald were talking about it and Bill said 'yeah donald, that's a good idea, you should totally run for prez'.

And then he goes home and Hillary's like "why are you laughing to yourself" and Bill's like "GUESS WHOS GONNA BE THE REPUBLICAN NOMINEE"

...This sounds like an amazing sitcom, actually. And Donald's known to make cameos!
    If you are particularly bold, you could use a Shiny Ditto. Do keep in mind though, this will infuriate your opponents due to Ditto's beauty. Please do not use Shiny Ditto. You have been warned.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by LilSaihah View Post
    I think if we're going down this conspiracy rabbithole it's more likely that Bill and Donald were talking about it and Bill said 'yeah donald, that's a good idea, you should totally run for prez'.

And then he goes home and Hillary's like "why are you laughing to yourself" and Bill's like "GUESS WHOS GONNA BE THE REPUBLICAN NOMINEE"

...This sounds like an amazing sitcom, actually. And Donald's known to make cameos!
    The thing is, the people pushing Trump were not new. Republican Party has been in fighting at the very least sense 2008, when the tea party became a vocal minority.

Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    You really need to stop putting your conspiracy theory hot sauce on every fucking thing. You lose your credibility and everybody just rolls there eyes and thinks, "Here we go again...."
    I mean... how many banking collapses, bradly mannings, and edward snowdens to we need before people are capable of facing reality?

If people generally don't understand how marketing works, and refuse to acknowledge it's presence and influence on society, I am not the crazy one in this equation for trying to explain it.

It's there. It works. Until people face that, we're going to be stuck with "Trump" quality candidates every presidential election.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by LilSaihah View Post
    ...This sounds like an amazing sitcom, actually.
    I could totally see this in a Cheers kind of way.

"Hey, everybody."
    "CRUZ!"
    "What's going down, Cruz?"
    "My poll numbers and self-worth. Gimme a beer, please."

The thing is, the people pushing Trump were not new. Republican Party has been in fighting at the very least sense 2008, when the tea party became a vocal minority.
    I know there's been a divide between the Republican base and the Republican establishment for quite a while now. Tea Party and Trump are symptoms, not the cause, of the GOP fundamentally failing to represent their electorate.
    If you are particularly bold, you could use a Shiny Ditto. Do keep in mind though, this will infuriate your opponents due to Ditto's beauty. Please do not use Shiny Ditto. You have been warned.

exactly. this "conspiracy" idea is idiotic bullshit from kids who have no concept of the real world.

YES, the republican party has been in turmoil for a long time. It was a brilliant deduction on Clinton's part to say "hey, lets prop up the candidate who will be the final nail in the coffin".

that's real world business folks. If you can't handle that, humanity is doomed.

Infracted
    Last edited by Jester Joe; 2016-10-12 at 08:45 PM.