Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    The real joy in the legal action of Trump vrs Post and Times is that Trump has to prove the allegations are wrong and it gives these two papers discovery rights, Trump will have to explain his sexual history under oath as the burden of proof that they are lying is on him to prove. If he lies about his sexual history on the stand and gets caught he can go to prison.
    You can directly ask him, "Have you ever groped a woman without getting verbal consent?" and I gaurantee you he pleads the 5th and if he does that he can't sue them for saying he did because he is unwilling to prove them wrong. If he says he doesn't and they find out this is a lie he can be punished with jail time for lying under oath.
    You're saying that Trump has to give a detailed history of who he had sexual relations with, and what those relations were, if he wants to sue the New York Times? I don't think that's correct.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Merkava View Post
    You're saying that Trump has to give a detailed history of who he had sexual relations with, and what those relations were, if he wants to sue the New York Times? I don't think that's correct.
    Not his entire sexual history, but certainly relating to the claims the New York Times made. If Trump sues for libel/slander, that is. And if it goes to deposition/trial, a decent lawyer can open up Trump's entire sexual history in cross-examination, and that's the ballgame.

7+ Year Old Account
    The real joy in the legal action of Trump vrs Post and Times is that Trump has to prove the allegations are wrong and it gives these two papers discovery rights, Trump will have to explain his sexual history under oath as the burden of proof that they are lying is on him to prove. If he lies about his sexual history on the stand and gets caught he can go to prison.
    You can directly ask him, "Have you ever groped a woman without getting verbal consent?" and I gaurantee you he pleads the 5th and if he does that he can't sue them for saying he did because he is unwilling to prove them wrong. If he says he doesn't and they find out this is a lie he can be punished with jail time for lying under oath.
    Besides, the only way the times can be liable is if they made up the women completely (their names were given) or convinced these women to lie. Otherwise the paper has a right to print allegations. It would be nearly impossible to prove that the paper convinced these women to lie.

If the Trump camp really believed the allegations were false, they'd need to go after the women making the accusations as these were not anonymous. I'd LOVE to see him try to sue these women. Suing sexual assault victims would totally make him look good, right?

Lastly, Trump REALLY doesn't understand the 1st amendment, doesn't he?

Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    Not his entire sexual history, but certainly relating to the claims the New York Times made. If Trump sues for libel/slander, that is. And if it goes to deposition/trial, a decent lawyer can open up Trump's entire sexual history in cross-examination, and that's the ballgame.
    I don't know that his entire sexual history would be relevant. Meaning every consensual act. When was your first kiss, etc. They can certainly ask him about his past alleged misbehavior, though. Maybe I misread what Deadmanwalking was saying. I was just asking for clarification.

What's ridiculous are people like you who can't even be bothered to understand that the two aren't even remotely alike.
    "Bothered to understand?" At what part did I say they were both absolutely terrible for the same reason? Can you read? Both are completely unelectable in their own special way. Hillary is dangerous beyond belief, corrupt and power hungry. Trump is just an egotistical moron.
    Quote Originally Posted by Venant View Post
    I feel bad for all those 'protesters' at the Trump rally, it's like the real life equivalent of making a 40 man raid in WoW and not having the boss spawn, thereby denying them a chance at looting.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    That's a nonsense argument that ignores what words mean.

well how else would he prove that they are lying?

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    I don't know that his entire sexual history would be relevant. Meaning every consensual act. When was your first kiss, etc. They can certainly ask him about his past alleged misbehavior, though. Maybe I misread what Deadmanwalking was saying. I was just asking for clarification.
    I think you have a point. His entire sexual history wouldn't at least initially be up for discussion, but if the issue went to depositions and/or trial, a good defense attorney could get Trump to "open the flood gates" to his entire sexual history.

So probably limited at first to the accusations, but later his entire history could be made relevant.

Quote Originally Posted by cocoapuffs View Post
    well how else would he prove that they are lying?
    IDK. Lots of ways. He proves he never had contact with them. He proves he was never on the plane the accuser says he was on. He proves he was out of the country when the other woman says he assaulted her.

I mean clearly you don't expect Trump to provide a list of every women he's ever had any type of sexual relation with in an effort to prove that anyone not on the list is lying, right? I mean that wouldn't prove anything, either.

I think I must have misunderstood your point.

- - - Updated - - -

I think you have a point. His entire sexual history wouldn't at least initially be up for discussion, but if the issue went to depositions and/or trial, a good defense attorney could get Trump to "open the flood gates" to his entire sexual history.

So probably limited at first to the accusations, but later his entire history could be made relevant.
    I don't know enough to even really comment on it. I think he clearly has something to risk in regards to revelations about his past behavior, I just don't know to what degree. Matchles is an attorney, he'd be our resident expert to ask on this.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Luxxor View Post
    "Bothered to understand?" At what part did I say they were both absolutely terrible for the same reason? Can you read? Both are completely unelectable in their own special way. Hillary is dangerous beyond belief, corrupt and power hungry. Trump is just an egotistical moron.
    Exactly - and you just proved it again. Only the categorically insane or hopelessly stupid believe Trump and Clinton are equally flawed or "completely unelectable". The rest of us realize that Hillary has some flaws and made some mistakes, but is one of the most qualified candidates in Presidential history. Trump is horrible human being in every possible way - with new atrocities coming to light each and every day (today, for instance, it's more sexual assaults - what a shock).

They are not equally terrible. They are not both completely unelectable. It's beyond ridiculous to even attempt to claim.

You only think that because you either haven't been paying attention or your echo chamber is filled with only things you want to hear or are being told to believe. Either way, you CAN'T BE BOTHERED to understand what you're actually is so fundamentally wrong.

- - - Updated - - -

I don't know enough to even really comment on it. I think he clearly has something to risk in regards to revelations about his past behavior, I just don't know to what degree. Matchles is an attorney, he'd be our resident expert to ask on this.
    I'm also an attorney, as I've mentioned a couple of times before. And I'm telling you, if it went to depo/trial, his entire past would open up on cross.

I'm also an attorney, as I've mentioned a couple of times before. And I'm telling you, if it went to depo/trial, his entire past would open up on cross.
    Given your post history, I find that very difficult to believe. Sorry.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    I mean clearly you don't expect Trump to provide a list of every women he's ever had any type of sexual relation with in an effort to prove that anyone not on the list is lying, right? I mean that wouldn't prove anything, either.
    He might have to, again, if he proceeded with actual legal action, with interrogatories. If I was the NYT attorney, it's the first thing I would include.

- - - Updated - - -

I've made it pretty clear I could care less what you believe. You don't have to apologize to me - your apologies, both here and in the past, mean nothing to me.

Herald of the Titans DocSavageFan's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    Trump doesn't really understand much of anything. It might be why his appeal is mostly to people who don't have higher education. He's just like them.
    Hillary doesn't really understand much of anything. It might be why her appeal is with people who only have a high school education or below. She's just like them.

They can investigate his past sexual history to show he has a penchant for sexually assaulting women, they can ask him questions on the stand to show he has a penchant for doing this as well, "Have you ever grabbed a woman's breast without verbal consent?", "Have you ever tried to have sex out side any of your marraiges?", "Have you ever grabbed a woman by the pussy?", "Have you ever forced a kiss on the lips of a woman you just met?", "Have you ever cheated on a wife while she was pregnant?", "Have you ever felt up a woman on a plane?", "Have you ever put your hands under a womans dress whom you just met at a restaurant?"

This opens donald up to a lot of under oath questions.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by DocSavageFan View Post
    Hillary doesn't really understand much of anything. It might be why her appeal with people who only have a high school education or below. She's just like them.
    Polls actually show that Donalds largest weakness is among educated women. Surveys actually say that Donald is strong among highschool or less educated people and Hillary is stronger among higher educated people. These studies happen every election cycle and should not come as a surprise to anyone.

They can investigate his past sexual history to show he has a penchant for sexually assaulting women, they can ask him questions on the stand to show he has a penchant for doing this as well, "Have you ever grabbed a woman's breast without verbal consent?", "Have you ever tried to have sex out side any of your marraiges?", "Have you ever grabbed a woman by the pussy?", "Have you ever forced a kiss on the lips of a woman you just met?", "Have you ever cheated on a wife while she was pregnant?", "Have you ever felt up a woman on a plane?", "Have you ever put your hands under a womans dress whom you just met at a restaurant?"

Are you really this dense to think that all these rape allegations happened at the exact same time, in different states, all happening more than 10 years ago? It's coordinated and kinda depressing to be honest.

The Clinton campaign is clearly trying to deflect away from Rapist Bill's history and trying to overshadow the WikiLeaks information with bogus allegations.

- - - Updated - - -

Polls actually show that Donalds largest weakness is among educated women. Surveys actually say that Donald is strong among highschool or less educated people and Hillary is stronger among higher educated people. These studies happen every election cycle and should not come as a surprise to anyone.
    Does the plaintiff have to take the stand in a civil lawsuit?

- - - Updated - - -

I've made it pretty clear I could care less what you believe. You don't have to apologize to me - your apologies, both here and in the past, mean nothing to me.
    What you believe doesn't matter. What does matter is all the times you've been shockingly wrong on legal matters.

They have stated on several news networks that in order to go ahead with his legal action he will be placing himself in a situation where he has to divulge his entire sexual history to prove his case as the proof of burden is upon him. This is done during an exploratory and discovery phase. It sounds bizarre but that is how the law works, especially when you are sueing them.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DocSavageFan View Post
    Hillary doesn't really understand much of anything. It might be why her appeal is with people who only have a high school education or below. She's just like them.
    You're thinking of Trump, not Hillary. Idiots and the uneducated are the only people voting for him.

Herald of the Titans DocSavageFan's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Then either Pew Research or you don't know what they're talking about regarding lesser educated people. You pick.

http://www.people-press.org/2016/07/...n-preferences/

Does the plaintiff have to take the stand in a civil lawsuit?

- - - Updated - - -

What you believe doesn't matter. What does matter is all the times you've been shockingly wrong on legal matters.
    The testimony is taken in an exploration and discovery phase, of which you can not lie about evidence statements.

Holy pot and kettle, Batman.