15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skroe View Post
    "Undocumented" is seriously the most bullshit euphemism that some people who aren't nearly as smart as they thhink they are have shat upon this good earth in the last decade. It's talk like that slithering from the bowels of someone who thinks they're being real smart about the framing politics, that adds fuel to the otherwise stupid "PC" complaints from certain (Trumpist) quarters. Every time that word is written or said, it's a patronizing act.

And that comes from someone who rejected everything Trump. "Undocumented immigrant" is a patronizing insult to to everybody's intelligence. It's so completely fucking obvious what the euphemism's intent it. It is no different then calling torture "enhanced interrogation".

They are categorically illegal, not "undocumented". Undocumented makes it sound like a paperwork snafu. They're categorically border violators. Speeding is illegal. It is categorically law breaking. But you get hit with a speeding violation. But just because they are "illegal" doesn't mean we have to bring down the hammer, put them in trucks and dump them across the border. We need not be cruel. Society should call illiegal immigration _what_it_is_ and at the same time be rather merciful about it. Something can be worked out that won't destroy families, uproot communities or make this country do something shameful. But that shouldn't change the fact that skipping the line and crossing the Rio Grande is an illegal act.

Of course the best way to combat illegal immigration is to assist in economic development and social/political reform in Mexico, and not build some ridiculous wall. But the Trumpists don't really care to do that. Because walls have ever been a winning strategy for anything.
    Undocumented is typically used because the Trumpites like to throw out "Well they're criminals for being here!" which is an even more egregious misuse of the word "criminal".

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Pangean View Post
    Theeeeiiiir back!!! The skewed poll folks. They are removing the "bias" of the polls to show Trump actually winning. In fact I had one of the Auzzie Trumpsters post one of these nonsense polls to support his claims the mainstream media is part of a conspiracy to elect Clinton. President Romney is so happy to see this.

Donald Trump’s poll numbers are so bad his supporters are making up new ones

The polls don’t look good at all for Donald Trump right now. The RealClearPolitics average of the polls has Hillary Clinton up by 6.7 points. The Huffington Post Pollster has Clinton up by 7.4 points. The New York Times gives Clinton an 80 percent chance of winning the election, and FiveThirtyEight gives her an 81.7 percent chance.

In the face of all this bad news, some Trump supporters have taken it upon themselves to, essentially, make up poll numbers that look favorable for Trump. This is Long Room, the website dedicated to changing poll numbers so they’re “unbiased”:

These poll numbers are total bullshit. The website’s methodology page claims that the tracker incorporates state data to accurately reflect the demographics of voters. But it seems that, in reality, if a pollster consistently gets results that favor Clinton, it’s deemed more “biased” — and Long Room changes the number further in Trump’s direction.

Of course, this misses the possibility that the great majority of polls aren’t biased at all and Clinton really is far ahead of Trump in the election.

Still, Trump supporters — especially at r/The_Donald on Reddit — are promoting this site to give themselves a bit of hope.

Now, there are problems with some of the polls out there. FiveThirtyEight, for example, grades all pollsters based on methodology and how well they accurately predicted election results in the past, and not all of them get good grades. Research 2000 and TCJ Research, for instance, get F's. But these aren’t the big polls showing Clinton way ahead — the A-grade Marist, for example, recently found Clinton 15 points ahead.

This isn’t the first time something like this has happened. Back in 2012, when the poll averages showed President Barack Obama ahead of Republican candidate Mitt Romney, conservative activist Dean Chambers started the now-defunct UnskewedPolls.com to “unskew” polls in Romney’s direction. But it turned out that the polling averages were right, and Obama won the election. (Chambers later said he was only wrong because he didn’t account for voter fraud — even though voter fraud is vanishingly rare.)

Maybe this is just a part of modern elections now. As more and more polling averages pop up and accurately predict elections, people on the losing side are going to look for some measure of hope that their candidate can really will win. So they’ll “unskew” or “unbias” the real polls, no matter how ridiculous it may seem.
    http://www.vox.com/2016/8/5/12386128...n-biased-polls
    IF they want to give themselves hope, it will be fun to see all the excuses when they lose in November. It was the media's fault, it was the dirty liberals, etc.

For a party that screams about personal responsibility, they sure are quick to blame Trump's actions and words on everyone else. "They're deliberately instigating Trump to make him say these things that make him look really stupid!"
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

First of all they need to remove his children from the campaign, they are trying to insert themselves in the political structure of Trumps campaign to the point it looks like GOP -> Campaign -> Trump Kids -> Trump or even GOP-> Trump Kids -> Trump. When they want to get Trump on message they have to go through the kids to translate what they want him to know so the kids can translate it into something Trump will react positively to. It is as if they are the only ones that can speak his language.

Then you find out that his sons have approached Kasich with offers to make him VP with the power of the presidency, or are making policy changes in regards to GOP interaction with Russia and Trump claims it didn't come from him.

Hahaha, all the polling shenanigans are priceless.

Trump behind - THE POLLS ARE BIASED AND A TOTAL JOKE!
    Trump ahead - LOOK AT ALL THESE GREAT POLL NUMBERS!
    Trump behind again - POLLS ARE BIASED, LET'S "FIX" THEM SO THEY ARE MORE ACCURATE AND SHOW TRUMP EVEN OR AHEAD!

Part of me wants to visit this fantasy world Trump and many of his supporters live in.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post

Trump behind - THE POLLS ARE BIASED AND A TOTAL JOKE!
    Trump ahead - LOOK AT ALL THESE GREAT POLL NUMBERS!
    Trump behind again - POLLS ARE BIASED, LET'S "FIX" THEM SO THEY ARE MORE ACCURATE AND SHOW TRUMP EVEN OR AHEAD!

Part of me wants to visit this fantasy world Trump and many of his supporters live in.
    Don't go too deep down the rabbit hole...

https://www.reddit.com/r/The_Donald/
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    He is starting to get more competant people in his campaign, my wife, a life long democrat saw one of his advisors on CNN yesterday and said, "They were smart to hire him, he is very good, seems very sincere and knows what he is talking about and how to talk about it."

But that all points to the talking point of, "Dont worry, he will hire the smartest people to work for him." That is great and all, BUT you can hire all the smartest people that you want but it will do no good if you are incapable of listening to the smart people and incapable of not running off script or even remembering what the script is.

Which brings me to another point, 8 years ago the GOP said that Obama didn't have the experience to be president and you can't learn on the job. But when the inexperienced guy is -your guy- then it's okay because he will "Hire the smartest people to tell him how to run the nation."

*note, 'you and your' refers to the GOP in this case and not the person I am quoting*
    Do you know if the person is Sam Clovis? He's actually quite good and when I hear him speak I wonder how the fuck did he decide to sign up for this shit show. Regardless your point is right on. When you think you are the smartest man in the room you aren't going to listen to anyone and that's clearly where Trump is at. And just as clear the current shitshow that his campaign is, is a function of his own actions.
    What are we gonna do now? Taking off his turban, they said, is this man a Jew?
    'Cause they're working for the clampdown
    They put up a poster saying we earn more than you!
    When we're working for the clampdown
    We will teach our twisted speech To the young believers
    We will train our blue-eyed men To be young believers

Quote Originally Posted by The Batman View Post
    Don't go too deep down the rabbit hole...

https://www.reddit.com/r/The_Donald/
    Damnit, clicked it. There's some seriously major Poe's Law in effect over there.

7+ Year Old Account
    IF they want to give themselves hope, it will be fun to see all the excuses when they lose in November. It was the media's fault, it was the dirty liberals, etc.

For a party that screams about personal responsibility, they sure are quick to blame Trump's actions and words on everyone else. "They're deliberately instigating Trump to make him say these things that make him look really stupid!"
    Well Trump and his campaign folks are already claiming that they believe the elections will be rigged.
    Last edited by Pangean; 2016-08-05 at 07:20 PM.

Trump Or Clinton behind - THE POLLS ARE BIASED AND A TOTAL JOKE!
    Trump Or Clinton ahead - LOOK AT ALL THESE GREAT POLL NUMBERS!
    Trump Or Clinton behind again - POLLS ARE BIASED, LET'S "FIX" THEM SO THEY ARE MORE ACCURATE AND SHOW TRUMP EVEN OR AHEAD!

Part of me wants to visit this fantasy world Trump and Clinton supporters live in.
    Fixed it for you

Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    Fixed it for you
    Eh, I've seen far less complaining about it from the Clinton camp, as their candidate is usually in the lead. Even when Trump got his post-convention bump most wrote it off to being just that.

This kind of complaining about polls comes primarily from Trump (I don't think Clinton has ever once complained about polling?) and his supporters.

Do you know if the person is Sam Clovis? He's actually quite good and when I hear him speak I wonder how the fuck did he decide to sign up for this shit show. Regardless your point is right on. When you think you are the smartest man in the room you aren't going to listen to anyone and that's clearly where Trump is at. And just as clear the current shitshow that his campaign is, is a function of his own actions.
    Clovis has been a part of his campaign since last August. I dunno how good he is, always came off as a shill to me.

But that might just be what happens to supposedly serious people who sign on with Trump.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    Yeah, I mean, I am not "seriously" thinking he is a plant... but it's one of this things... like... WTF is going on... I mean I did not like Romney, but at least I could see myself voting for him... as in... he was not insane. The stuff Trump is doing/saying, is just comical in a "why would you say/do this?!" sort of way.

He seems to like dishing out/bad mounting people, but cannot take any criticism back. And the GOP seems to be displaying battered spouse syndrome. He keeps kicking them when they are already down, and they keep saying "he will change!".

I mean... the whole thing is just weird.
    Now if only the hacker that did the DNC would hack the RNC, then they could plant/release fake evidence that he was a plant. Maybe we'd get 2 "electable" candidates?

15+ Year Old Account
    Eh, I've seen far less complaining about it from the Clinton camp, as their candidate is usually in the lead. Even when Trump got his post-convention bump most wrote it off to being just that.

This kind of complaining about polls comes primarily from Trump (I don't think Clinton has ever once complained about polling?) and his supporters.
    Zenkai totally hates both candidates equally, he just whines about Clinton a whole lot more. Also when someone complains about Trump, he totally doesn't deflect onto Clinton, even though he does it all the time.

7+ Year Old Account
    Fixed it for you
    Don't recall a single person calling to fix the polls when Clinton was behind. You can produce a cite showing this right?

Zenkai totally hates both candidates equally, he just whines about Clinton a whole lot more. Also when someone complains about Trump, he totally doesn't deflect onto Clinton, even though he does it all the time.
    They're both crappy choices and a reflection of how we tend to vote in a cult of personality. Arguing which one is worse is a chore in of itself and it has to make you stop and wonder, "Why the hell are we doing this to ourselves?"

I'd genuinely like to see someone run with meaningful(and welcomed) policies outlined along with solid, quality character. Chances are though, I'll get hit by a meteorite before that happens while flying in an airplane that is simultaneously crashing into a mountainside.

That'd be just my luck too.

If you see it's less it's usually because Clinton is leading in the polls, but when Trump is, I see the exact same shit but in reverse.

- - - Updated - - -

I don't hate both candidates equally, I hate Clinton a little more than Trump, just a little. I see a lot more people excusing Clinton's BS than I do Trumps, on these forums anyway.

15+ Year Old Account
    If you see it's less it's usually because Clinton is leading in the polls, but when Trump is, I see the exact same shit but in reverse.
    Trump has never lead in aggregate polling, which is what people use for reliability purposes. It's always the Trumpites that post to single polls that vary wildly from every other poll as their source for when Trump is winning, and people just point back to aggregate polling, which has always shown Clinton ahead.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well Trump and his campaign folks are already claiming that they believe the elections will be rigged.
    Yes. State-level Republican governments have been hard at work for years to rig it in their favour.

Even that won't be enough, though they seem likely to be able to hang onto the house.

Warning : Above post may contain snark and/or sarcasm. Try reparsing with the /s argument before replying.
    What the world has learned is that America is never more than one election away from losing its goddamned mind
    Quote Originally Posted by Howard Tayler
    Political conservatism is just atavism with extra syllables and a necktie.
    Me on Elite : Dangerous | My WoW characters

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Masark View Post
    Yes. State-level Republican governments have been hard at work for years to rig it in their favour.

Even that won't be enough, though they seem likely to be able to hang onto the house.
    Hopefully we can count on Trump to lose them even more down ticket elections.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Masark View Post

Yeah the jury rigging of seats is a national disgrace. But that is what happens when people think only the presidential election matters and don't get involved at the state and local levels.

Trump has never lead in aggregate polling, which is what people use for reliability purposes. It's always the Trumpites that post to single polls that vary wildly from every other poll as their source for when Trump is winning, and people just point back to aggregate polling, which has always shown Clinton ahead.
    This isn't quite true, although it's pretty close to true. Check out the RCP rolling averages; Trump's post-convention bump edged him ahead for a couple days.