Quote Originally Posted by Matchles View Post
    She does that to grow. Becoming larger and more powerful than you can possibly imagine.
    is it bad that i imagined her coming from planet nibiru, in order to enforce the reptilians will on earth?
    (it's sarcasm btw)
    Forgive my english, as i'm not a native speaker

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    I would honestly rather have the Supreme Court be 5 years younger on average. And, again, there's still that pressure even with a lifetime appointment. Changing it to a specific year doesn't do shit but let you know the expiration date.
    Why would you want less experienced judges? This the "they're out of touch" argument? I'm way more in favor of them having a broader and deeper understanding of both the law and experience behind the bench. I'm not really a fan of having people get appointed to the most important judicial seats with that relative inexperience. Lawyers often don't graduate until they're 25-26. They don't become judges straight from law school. I'm way more in favor of them having 20 years on the bench than 15 before they're appointed (although some people don't think they should have experience at the federal level, or even experience on the bench at all, but I think those people are morons).
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudol Von Stroheim View Post
    I do not need to play the role of "holier than thou". I'm above that..

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    I do not think this is going to come to pass.

I think Trump will lose the election, start whining, and then slowly get off the stage and start an Alt-Right network.

The GOP will rebrand, and probably lose a bunch of elections for a while, and the Democrats will try to (some how) fix the gerrymandering happening in the House.

I do not think the US will turn into Russia.
    Hopefully you're right - the man (I use that term loosely) is, after all, obviously a coward of the highest order, and unlikely to risk his own hide (and purported fortune); but he's also stupid, unimaginative and narcissistic. A Trump-instigated revolt would be ugly beyond words and end terribly for him - but that's exactly what he seems to be dog-whistling for yesterday; I think it's entirely too possible that he has no real understanding of the impact (including on himself) of what he might unleash with the near-hypergolic cauldron of toxic inflammables he's eagerly brewing to sate his own swollen and diseased ego.

Whether defeating Trump will be enough to prevent the decay of the US into some post-1st world state (and not in any good way)... I doubt it, but I truly do hope that fate is avoided.
    "In today’s America, conservatives who actually want to conserve are as rare as liberals who actually want to liberate. The once-significant language of an earlier era has had the meaning sucked right out of it, the better to serve as camouflage for a kleptocratic feeding frenzy in which both establishment parties participate with equal abandon" (Taking a break from the criminal, incompetent liars at the NSA, to bring you the above political observation, from The Archdruid Report.)

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ringpriest View Post
    Hopefully you're right - the man (I use that term loosely) is, after all, obviously a coward of the highest order, and unlikely to risk his own hide (and purported fortune); but he's also stupid, unimaginative and narcissistic. A Trump-instigated revolt would be ugly beyond words and end terribly for him - but that's exactly what he seems to be dog-whistling for yesterday; I think it's entirely too possible that he has no real understanding of the impact (including on himself) of what he might unleash with the near-hypergolic cauldron of toxic inflammables he's eagerly brewing to sate his own swollen and diseased ego.

Whether defeating Trump will be enough to prevent the decay of the US into some post-1st world state (and not in any good way)... I doubt it, but I truly do hope that fate is avoided.
    Trump's loss is already having resounding impacts on our system. While Trumples are busy shitting their pants over Clinton's usage of a private email server, Trump is undermining the confidence in our election system. And I'm not talking about people's issue with our two party system and all of the gripes that come with the problems that causes. I'm talking about simple confidence in the results of polling.

The thing is, polling is run by each state, and is not handled by the federal government in the least, only somewhat regulated by it. Each state independently runs its own election, and it would take a massive conspiracy involving more people than any conspiracy in history to rig an election on the national scale. And yet here we have a man convincing his followers that this is happening.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

Quote Originally Posted by The Batman View Post
    Trump's loss is already having resounding impacts on our system. While Trumples are busy shitting their pants over Clinton's usage of a private email server, Trump is undermining the confidence in our election system. And I'm not talking about people's issue with our two party system and all of the gripes that come with the problems that causes. I'm talking about simple confidence in the results of polling.

The thing is, polling is run by each state, and is not handled by the federal government in the least, only somewhat regulated by it. Each state independently runs its own election, and it would take a massive conspiracy involving more people than any conspiracy in history to rig an election on the national scale. And yet here we have a man convincing his followers that this is happening.
    thats because they have no idea how this whole "government" thing works, all they know is they dont like it.

Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    I am the poster who found it odd that you so fervently endorse Hillary while she is so aggressively pro-Israel. I was just marveling at the contradictions.

I also marvel that effectively its Iraq 2.0. "That guy is a mustache twirling villain and we aught destroy him for reasons!"

Ignoring that America is also doing fucked up shit to this day, stuff we are not even allowed to know about unless CNN tells us (Well according to CNN anyway.)
    He is right though, you're really trying too hard.

Quote Originally Posted by MysticSnow View Post
    That was the most awkward dinner I've ever seen.
    It made me feel awkward just watching it, though there were some good lines in with the flops and the nastiness. Trump's bit about Michelle/Melania's speeches was hilarious.

Rachel Maddow, the politics junkie that she is, found an interesting video featuring former SCOTUS member David Souter talking over four years ago about how democracy is given away. Souter part starts at 3:25

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by darenyon View Post
    thats because they have no idea how this whole "government" thing works, all they know is they dont like it.
    see above video I linked

Quote Originally Posted by Truculentt View Post
    but no one is saying that there. if the videos are fake, that would be proven, and he could REALLY be charged for trying to manipulate the election
    Apparently those "boring campaign stuff" emails already released by Wikileaks actually confirm what was being said in video...

Just a few days ago, Project Veritas released a bombshell video exposing coordinated efforts between the Hillary Clinton campaign, the Democratic National Committee, Democracy Partners (run by Robert Creamer) and The Foval Group (run by Scott Foval) to incite violence at Trump rallies across the country. The Clinton campaign and the DNC have vehemently denied the validity of the Project Veritas video but new emails discovered from WikiLeaks' previous "DNC Leaks" seem to confirm the DNC's involvement.

Recall in the first Project Veritas video, that the following people made the following claims (video below):

* "Aaron Black" (real name: Aaron Minter) (appears at 9 mins 10 secs): "So, I'm basically deputy rapid response director for the DNC for all thing Trump on the ground. Nobody is really supposed to know about me. So the Chicago protest when they shut all that, that was us. It was more him (Bob Creamer) than me, but non of this is supposed to come back to us, because we want it coming from people, we don't want it to come from the party."
    * Bob Creamer (appears at 10 mins 50 secs): "We have a call with the campaign every day to go over the focuses that need to be undertaken."
    * Zulema Rodrigues (appears at 10 mins 58 secs): "I just had a call with the campaign and the DNC. Everyday at one o'clock."

Well, if the video is faked, then it is certainly odd that several of the comments above line up perfectly with the email below in which Bob Creamer reaches out to Luis Miranda, the Communications Director for the Democratic National Committee, to setup a conference call. Here are a couple of the "coincidences":

First, the call is titled the "Trump Rapid Response" call, which perfectly aligns with Aaron Black's comment above that he is the "Rapid Response Director."

Second, the call is scheduled for 1pm which is exactly when Zulema Rodriguez confirms that she has her daily call with the "campaign and the DNC."

-more stuff skipped, follow the link if interested-

I guess the question is - do Clinton supporters really support candidate that condones inciting violence at opponent's rallies? Is she still better then Trump?
    Last edited by Shalcker; 2016-10-21 at 09:53 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    No, but if you're told that you can apply and that you'll get an interview, generally you'll get an interview. Garland didn't even have a hearing for them to vote him down because the GOP flat out refused.
    Many people get their applications thrown out without an interview when they apply for jobs. Lack of quality work history is a big reason, and he had a lot of rulings that were bad after he was appointed to a lower court. He didnt deserve a promotion. No point in wasting weeks of time questioning someone that you know isnt going to be approved

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    No they do not.

Indeed, and I hope to hell it comes back to bite them if Hillary wins. They have a chance at a supremely qualified nominee that's received high praise from both sides of the isle for many years, sitting on what I believe is the second highest court in the US right now.

If Hillary wins, I'd bet she goes with a more liberal nominee (which would be a shame for Garland), which is even worse for the GOP.
    They wont approve any judge she submits. There is nothing that states they have to nor is there a requirement to have 9 judges. The senate decides how many judges there will be. The only thing they are required to do is advise and consent, and their advice is pick someone else every time she picks someone, until she picks one that is acceptable to the senate, which means she would need to appoint a judge that isnt a SJW who rules based on feelies, and only rules on the strict interpretation of the Constitution like Scalia

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    The military has stepped in to remind Trump that kind of going to military school doesn't mean you know battle strategy.

Donald Trump Is Wrong on Mosul Attack, Military Experts Say

“What this shows is Trump doesn’t know a damn thing about military strategy,” said Jeff McCausland, a retired Army colonel and former dean at the Army War College in Carlisle, Pa.
    He doesnt need to. Once President he will have Joint Chiefs of Staff and lots of generals to advise him. Obama had no battle strategy either when he was elected. Many people would say he still doesnt
    Last edited by Orlong; 2016-10-21 at 09:56 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    He doesnt need to. Once President he will have Joint Chiefs of Staff and lots of generals to advise him. Obama had no battle strategy either when he was elected. Many people would say he still doesnt
    Obama is doing great on foreign policy, look at the alliance he just helped form between China and the Philippines.
    Most people would rather die than think, and most people do. -Bertrand Russell
    Before the camps, I regarded the existence of nationality as something that shouldn’t be noticed - nationality did not really exist, only humanity. But in the camps one learns: if you belong to a successful nation you are protected and you survive. If you are part of universal humanity - too bad for you -Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

Many people get their applications thrown out without an interview when they apply for jobs. Lack of quality work history is a big reason, and he had a lot of rulings that were bad after he was appointed to a lower court. He didnt deserve a promotion. No point in wasting weeks of time questioning someone that you know isnt going to be approved
    Two problems:
    1) Mitch McConnel etc. were already promising to obstruct while Scalia's body was still warm. It has been brutally obvious from the start that it has nothing to do with the nominee's qualifications or lack thereof, and
    2) Orrin Hatch (R-UT) even suggested that Obama could nominate Merrick Garland, but concluded that he wouldn't because politics. Oops.

They wont approve any judge she submits. There is nothing that states they have to nor is there a requirement to have 9 judges. The senate decides how many judges there will be. The only thing they are required to do is advise and consent, and their advice is pick someone else every time she picks someone, until she picks one that is acceptable to the senate, which means she would need to appoint a judge that isnt a SJW who rules based on feelies, and only rules on the strict interpretation of the Constitution like Scalia
    There are 24 red Senate seats up for reelection this year, though. Wait for the results with your high horse.

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

1) Your rewriting history, they haven't confirmed the supreme court nominee based on the merits of the person but mostly because of not wanting to in case a Republican won the general. This a fact, this is what they have said right from the start that the ''next'' president should decide who sits on the bloody court.

2) Presidents don't neet to be a geniuses in every field possible he wants his administration to involve with. But the difference between Obama and Trump goes beyond not being a military genius when Trump can't even prepare for a debate or not fall in Clinton's trap every chance he gets.

10+ Year Old Account
    Remember that time Obama said "I know more about ISIS than the generals do, believe me"?

Good, because he never did.

Now, remember that time Trump said it? Here's a reminder:

Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    Remember that time Obama said "I know more about ISIS than the generals do, believe me"?

Good, because he never did.

Now, remember that time Trump said it? Here's a reminder:
    Its a nice cut.

But its just words.

With Hillary we have actual reference of how she handles national security.

Did you by chance watch any of her hearings?

Its hard to have a good conversation with people about Hillary Clinton's inability to run foreign policy when the sum total of their knowledge comes from 2 min long clips.

Watch any of her interactions with Rep. Trey Gowdy, she gets absolutely dismantled.

Clinton is an absolute failure and should not lead, although Trump + nukes does scare me too.

Side note, Trey Gowdy is fucking brilliant ...wish he had run.
    MAGA
    When all you do is WIN WIN WIN

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zombergy View Post
    Its a nice cut.

But its just words.
    HAHAHHAHAHAH

Using this line to defend Trump.

HAHAHAHAHHAHA

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Venant View Post
    Obama is doing great on foreign policy, look at the alliance he just helped form between China and the Philippines.
    The topic wasnt about foreign policy, it was about military strategy

Its a nice cut.

But its just words.

Its hard to have a good conversation with people about Hillary Clinton's inability to run foreign policy when the sum total of their knowledge comes from 2 min long clips.

Watch any of her interactions with Rep. Trey Gowdy, she gets absolutely dismantled.

Clinton is an absolute failure and should not lead, although Trump + nukes does scare me too.

It's just words? Well shit, it doesn't matter what anyone says because they are just words. Your wife told you she is cheating on you? Don't worry, it's just words. Your landlord wants to kick you out of your apartment? Don't worry, it's just words. Your kid says they have a drug addiction? Not a problem, just words. It doesn't matter what someone says so long as they agree with your political opinion.

Did you get a powered wheelchair and an medical assistance chimpanzee to wipe the drool from your chin after you committed to that spine shattering backflip to justify that bullshit?

Its a nice cut.

But its just words.

Didn't see own at those hearings that lasted like for 8 hours?

Sure you have your own biases but dude the whole benghazi is like beating a death horse at this point because 8 investigations and hours of hearings resulted in angry white guys that gave birth to a orange guy.

Deleted
    I can't believe anyone at this point would still vote Trump and truly believe it is the best choice... even die hard republicans in Texas must deep down understand it is lost...