Quote Originally Posted by Merkava View Post
    No. I'm concerned with you taking drive by bullshit shots at other people's posts by making blanket statements and offering no evidence to back it up. And then declaring the conversation boring when asked to provide evidence for your claims.

The issue at hand was whether those people followed Fox's narrative and clearly they don't. You just don't like them because you think they're not smart enough. Well, that wasn't the discussion or the point that Zombergy was making.

- - - Updated - - -

See, that's the thing. You had to Google it. You had no idea who he was, you're uninformed, you get other people to tell you what to think, and then you get on a forum and act like you're knowledgeable.
    I said I googled a familiar name to get the face and it was EXACTLY who I thought he was. He is the epitome of yes man on that fucking network.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by NYC17 View Post
    Because he provided viewership. Not because there's some grand conspiracy at work.
    Oh god I didn't know I stepped in some wacky conspiracy theory. The media helped in the rise of trump but they reaaaaaaaaaaaaaaally couldn't have done it without a ton of other factors for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Orbitus View Post
    I said I googled a familiar name to get the face and it was EXACTLY who I thought he was. He is the epitome of yes man on that fucking network.
    You're uninformed because you make declarative statements like this...
    Sorry but Fox News NEVER invites anyone that doesn't follow their narrative.
    without actually watching the network (if you did, you'd see Kirsten Powers screaming at O'Reilly twice a week) and instead you get hung up talking about Beckel, someone who hasn't even been on the network in over a year and a half.

And you must not watch Hannity very often (nothing wrong with that, he's an idiot) but he frequently has Austan Goolsbee on. Can't really say that he follows the Fox News narrative. But of course you wouldn't know that...unless you actually watched anything on Fox...which you don't...but you still talk about it.
    Last edited by Merkava; 2016-08-08 at 04:41 AM.

without actually watching the network (if you did, you'd see Kirsten Powers screaming at O'Reilly twice a week) and instead you get hung up talking about Beckel, someone who hasn't even been on the network in over a year and a half.

And you must not watch Hannity very often (nothing wrong with that, he's an idiot) but he frequently has Austan Goolsbee on. Can't really say that he follows the Fox News narrative. But of course you wouldn't know that...unless you actually watched anything on Fox...which you don't...but you still talk about it.
    Hannity wont last another year. He's got too big of an ego.

Quote Originally Posted by Barnabas View Post
    Hannity wont last another year. He's got too big of an ego.
    He's been riding the Trump train so hard he'll have to be on suicide watch after November. He seriously such an absolutely terrible interviewer as well. By far the worst on cable news.

He's been riding the Trump train so hard he'll have to be on suicide watch after November. He seriously such an absolutely terrible interviewer as well. By far the worst on cable news.
    Well if you want to go bad interviewer route we need to fire Wolf Blitzer also. I think it would be an even trade and boost Megyn Kelly on fox. That would at least get people over rogers bullshit.

Quote Originally Posted by Barnabas View Post
    Well if you want to go bad interviewer route we need to fire Wolf Blitzer also. I think it would be an even trade and boost Megyn Kelly on fox
    Is he really that bad? I never watch CNN, so I would't really know.

What did I say that was wrong with the second statement? I didn't say that they didn't invite Democrats on their show. I said they don't invite people on their show that don't follow their narrative.

And no. I don't watch Hannity. I don't feel like losing brain cells listening to him.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lenonis View Post
    Reporting on him 24/7 to get clicks/subscriptions is hardly praising.

But yes, the media has a very significant role to play in just how screwed up this election has been.

That really should be a larger topic of conversation.
    I agree - it's not that they overtly praised Trump, it's how they covered him - Trump of 9 months ago was really no different than he is now, spouting patently insane, delusional idiocy left and right at the drop of a hat. But until quite recently, the coverage was generally of the "oh, look at what this [implied to be serious] candidate for the presidency has said". Only recently has coverage of Trump begun to admit that he's a dangerous reality-tv show clown who is in no way qualified to be President; they legitimized him by: 1) giving him coverage, and 2) not mentioning how unfit and insane he was. The job of journalists is to inform, and any "journalist" who didn't provide honest coverage of Trump's many gross flaws failed at their job.
    "In today’s America, conservatives who actually want to conserve are as rare as liberals who actually want to liberate. The once-significant language of an earlier era has had the meaning sucked right out of it, the better to serve as camouflage for a kleptocratic feeding frenzy in which both establishment parties participate with equal abandon" (Taking a break from the criminal, incompetent liars at the NSA, to bring you the above political observation, from The Archdruid Report.)

What did I say that was wrong with the second statement? I didn't say that they didn't invite Democrats on their show. I said they don't invite people on their show that don't follow their narrative.

And no. I don't watch Hannity. I don't feel like losing brain cells listening to him.
    Jesus. Ok. What's their narrative, Orbitus? Tell me what you think their narrative is, and I guarantee you that I can find plenty examples of guests that challenge that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Trump's latest idiotic, national-security-damaging escapade: threating to walk on the US-Japan defense treaty (while clumsily trying to blackmail Japan and suggesting Japan develop nuclear weapons).

"Trump rips U.S. defense of Japan as one-sided, too expensive"
    Speaking at a rally in Des Moines, Iowa, Trump blasted as unfair U.S. defense tie-ups with NATO, South Korea and Japan, a reprise of comments that have earned him scorn among many in the national security community.

“You know we have a treaty with Japan where if Japan is attacked, we have to use the full force and might of the United States,” Trump said. “If we’re attacked, Japan doesn’t have to do anything. They can sit home and watch Sony television, OK?”

Trump said he had been told Japan pays “50 percent of the cost” of basing U.S. troops in Japan. “Why don’t they pay 100 percent?” he asked.

The GOP nominee went on to criticize his Democratic rival, Hillary Clinton, for her “dumb talk” on the U.S. commitment to its allies.

Clinton touted her experience as secretary of state in a June address, saying that as president she would maintain and foster U.S. alliances, including with Japan.

Trump slammed Clinton’s position Friday, saying the U.S. must be “prepared to walk” in negotiations to get countries to pay more for U.S. defense.

“It could be that Japan will have to defend itself against North Korea,” Trump said. “You always have to be prepared to walk. I don’t think we’ll walk. I don’t think it’s going to be necessary. It could be, though.”

Japan earmarked ¥189.9 billion ($1.7 billion) to host U.S. military bases in fiscal 2015 through March 31 as part of the costs of stationing nearly 50,000 U.S. personnel here.

The Republican nominee also suggested that Japan might be “better off” with its own atomic weapons, and that he would consider, as president, ending the U.S. defense commitment to Japan and encouraging them to “go nuclear.”
    The man (using the term loosely) is a menace - his Presidential campaign all by itself is literally a threat to national security greater than Al Qaeda; Trump as President (unless he undergoes a brain transplant) will mean the end of the United States as it has existed for the last century and more.
    "In today’s America, conservatives who actually want to conserve are as rare as liberals who actually want to liberate. The once-significant language of an earlier era has had the meaning sucked right out of it, the better to serve as camouflage for a kleptocratic feeding frenzy in which both establishment parties participate with equal abandon" (Taking a break from the criminal, incompetent liars at the NSA, to bring you the above political observation, from The Archdruid Report.)

15+ Year Old Account
    With all of these fake polls coming out showing Hillary and Trump neck and neck, or Trump winning in a land slide... you know, the polls that have been "fixed" to account for "liberal media bias", just wait until Trump loses. And yes, he will lose. The Trumple Legion of Losers will kick and scream, pointing back to said polls claiming the election was rigged for Hillary to win no matter what.

Bookmark this post if you want, it's going to happen. They can't seem to stand the idea that their world view is in the minority, and more and more people are jumping off the sinking ship, so they're constantly reassuring themselves that everyone likes the way they think by "fixing polls to account for liberal bias."

House and Senate Republicans are already playing damage control, urging voters to not stay home because Trump has become so unpopular even among Republicans. They're sending out various messages like "Look, you need to come out and vote for us so we can keep Hillary in check!" They know that Trump has put their seats in serious jeopardy by creating huge Republican voter apathy through his actions.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

Is he really that bad? I never watch CNN, so I would't really know.
    The debates he did with both democrats and republicans were really bad.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by The Batman View Post
    With all of these fake polls coming out showing Hillary and Trump neck and neck, or Trump winning in a land slide... you know, the polls that have been "fixed" to account for "liberal media bias", just wait until Trump loses. And yes, he will lose. The Trumple Legion of Losers will kick and scream, pointing back to said polls claiming the election was rigged for Hillary to win no matter what.

Bookmark this post if you want, it's going to happen. They can't seem to stand the idea that their world view is in the minority, and more and more people are jumping off the sinking ship, so they're constantly reassuring themselves that everyone likes the way they think by "fixing polls to account for liberal bias."

House and Senate Republicans are already playing damage control, urging voters to not stay home because Trump has become so unpopular even among Republicans. They're sending out various messages like "Look, you need to come out and vote for us so we can keep Hillary in check!" They know that Trump has put their seats in serious jeopardy by creating huge Republican voter apathy through his actions.

promise me you will change your avatar to

If he wins.

10+ Year Old Account
    Marco isn't

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/marco-ru...nfected-women/

Todd Aiken and Richard Mourdock might be getting a new golfing buddy

I don't hold anyone that has a seat responsible for trump. I don't care if they didn't endorse him. Trump has absolutely nothing to do with those people. I will admit there are a few I want replaced but I don't live in their particular district to vote against them. Hopefully some decent legislation happens and not stupid proposals that cause more gridlock from now on after this election.

Trump's instance on treating international relations like the way he treats contractors is terrifying.

- - - Updated - - -

Like he seems to think that we're a business that sells defense or something.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    promise me you will change your avatar to

If he wins.
    Sure, why not, I've already had that avatar once.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

Quote Originally Posted by Lenonis View Post
    Given how many things he's just made up rather than admit he doesn't know. For instance, Crimea as the most recent example.
    But Trump is right about Crimea... it is indeed better off with Russia as population polls show.

Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    But Trump is right about Crimea... it is indeed better off with Russia as population polls show.
    International borders isn't something that should be taken lightly

Also how can Trump and his followers defend this? A takeover by those immigrants at the expense of the local native population

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crimean_Tatars

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Russia...r_Soviet_times

If Trump was a bit consistent he would have called out on those illegal mass immigration