Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Barnabas View Post
    Then it's back to square one which is what everyone is expecting to happen anyway. I mean they can't find their first female presidential candidate guilty can they? Not that they really can anyway since there are no laws that can be applied to do more than slap her on the wrist. Politicians are smart and never make constitutional amendments that include things that affect them negatively. Why would they?
    This is one of the most blatant examples of goal-posting and willful ignorance I've seen.

"The FBI is investigating, that means she's a criminal!" "Well, they said they didn't find anything worth criminal charges." "That just means the FBI is in on the corruption! They'll do anything to get her elected!" "Riiight..." "Hah! I knew it! The FBI is re-opening the investigation! She must be a criminal, we all know it!" "What if the FBI don't find anything to hold against her?" "THEN THEY'RE STILL CORRUPT, WHICH WE ALSO ALWAYS KNEW!"

Are you even listening to what you're saying?

I will say this, if I was Comey and I dropped a bomb that does triple damage because it was done just before a news cycle weekend to a candidate's election I certainly would be pulling a weekend of work explaining things rather than going dark until Monday.

Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    I will say this, if I was Comey and I dropped a bomb that does triple damage because it was done just before a news cycle weekend to a candidate's election I certainly would be pulling a weekend of work explaining things rather than going dark until Monday.
    Apparently they're still waiting on the warrant and that probably won't get done until Monday at some point.

Quote Originally Posted by Wyrt View Post
    Apparently they're still waiting on the warrant and that probably won't get done until Monday at some point.
    He could be doing interviews or announcements to clarify his vague announcement with no real evidence on hand instead of 'playing golf'.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Daerio View Post
    None of this indicates that the FBI is doing this as a political ploy against Clinton.
    The head of the FBI who has a pronounced history of connections with the Republican party who isn't going to last 6 months if Clinton gets into office violated department policy and explicitly went against the DoJ, who would be the ones actually filing the charges, and numerous members of his own staff to say he's going into an investigation where he hasn't even garnered a warrant yet, and released information specifically to certain members of Congress for them to disseminate as they wish. With further inquiry demonstrating that he doesn't know any of the information in question, is fully aware that he won't even be able to start getting traction into whether or not there's anything questionable until after the election, and has so far failed to obtain a warrant for the items in question which aren't even the property of Clinton.

If this honestly doesn't come across as biased to you, there is something very, very special going on in your head. Also, this is not the FBI being biased... this is Comey being biased, because as has been specifically revealed FBI policy and key staff members disagree with him.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kasierith View Post
    If this honestly doesn't come across as biased to you, there is something very, very special going on in your head.
    It's circumstantial. You could make the argument that the direct warnings he got from most of the FBI and all of the Department of Justice were disregarded because he thought he was doing the right thing, as he said, so that this doesn't get misinterpreted.

You cannot, however, argue that it's made things worse, not better.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    It's circumstantial. You could make the argument that the direct warnings he got from most of the FBI and all of the Department of Justice were disregarded because he thought he was doing the right thing, as he said, so that this doesn't get misinterpreted.

You cannot, however, argue that it's made things worse, not better.
    Has it been confirmed that he gave this information in a limited manner specifically to Republican members of Congress?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kasierith View Post
    Has it been confirmed that he gave this information in a limited manner specifically to Republican members of Congress?
    I think actually it's been confirmed both sides.

You're saying the FBI is causing the Clinton campaign damage; I'm saying the FBI is doing their job and the damage that is resulting is not some sort of political play by the FBI. It's simply the natural fallout from her being a corrupt piece of shit and the media being unable to cover up all the scandals.

The FBI did not release this letter to hurt Clinton's election chances. They released the letter because they were required to. Chaffetz released it to the public because the public has the right to know.

None of this indicates that the FBI is doing this as a political ploy against Clinton. That's your conspiracy theory dribbled on top. In fact, their effort to release data dumps on Fridays, provide immunity to her underlings and their utter failure to follow normal FBI protocol in this case indicates they're spinning the story in favor of Clinton, not the opposite.
    I actually agree with this, but everytime they conclude that no crime was committed the witch hunters have this idea that they are bribed and the like. I say let the experts do their job instead of acting like armchair investigators.
    The wise wolf who's pride is her wisdom isn't so sharp as drunk.

I think actually it's been confirmed both sides.
    http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-me...t-letter-abou/

Busted by politifact. Does it sting?

Breccia was saying they think been confirmed that it was released to both sides. Don't let your bias interfere with reading comprehension.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudol Von Stroheim View Post
    I do not need to play the role of "holier than thou". I'm above that..

Should we be surprised that your reading comprehension is also politically biased?

John Podesta is doing interviews this weekend. I didn't even know this guy existed. It is a bad sign when your campaign manager has to come out and do damage control.

Now remember that Kellyanne Conway (Trump's campaign manager) is constantly on TV spinning Donald's failures to the point that SNL made a skit about it.

if i'm correct, the clinton campaign is using this scandal to rile their base up. They're going with "this is a partisan attack" agenda (and that's a little bit true)
    Forgive my english, as i'm not a native speaker

The Unstoppable Force Theodarzna's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nexx226 View Post
    HAHAHA you did the same thing Trump did.
    Lol..... point out that for a brief moment Michael Moore was actually comprehending the situation at hand?
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    i think I have my posse filled out now. Mars is Theo, Jupiter is Vanyali, Linadra is Venus, and Heather is Mercury. Dragon can be Pluto.
    On MMO-C we learn that Anti-Fascism is locking arms with corporations, the State Department and agreeing with the CIA, But opposing the CIA and corporate America, and thinking Jews have a right to buy land and can expect tenants to pay rent THAT is ultra-Fash Nazism. Bellingcat is an MI6/CIA cut out. Clyburn Truther.

7+ Year Old Account
    What are you even saying? You know the entire thing makes fun of Trump, right?
    Yes? I am not here to sing Trump's praises but discuss his voters and their motivations.
    i think I have my posse filled out now. Mars is Theo, Jupiter is Vanyali, Linadra is Venus, and Heather is Mercury. Dragon can be Pluto.
    On MMO-C we learn that Anti-Fascism is locking arms with corporations, the State Department and agreeing with the CIA, But opposing the CIA and corporate America, and thinking Jews have a right to buy land and can expect tenants to pay rent THAT is ultra-Fash Nazism. Bellingcat is an MI6/CIA cut out. Clyburn Truther.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thepersona View Post
    if i'm correct, the clinton campaign is using this scandal to rile their base up. They're going with "this is a partisan attack" agenda (and that's a little bit true)
    Others have said this will motivate Clinton voters to 100% make it to the ballot box. This isn't the best way for that to happen, but it will happen.

Others have said this will motivate Clinton voters to 100% make it to the ballot box. This isn't the best way for that to happen, but it will happen.
    An absolutely laughable attempt to spin the story.

An absolutely laughable attempt to spin the story.
    Not as laughable as 'silent trump voters' which kind of says they feel ashamed to tell people they are voting trump.

7+ Year Old Account
    I'm just saying you look like a fool for that post, but I guess you won't admit it.
    I'm so sorry I denied you the Trump voter you were hoping to knock down.

But the facts about his base can't be denied.

Not as laughable as 'silent trump voters' which kind of says they feel ashamed to tell people they are voting trump.
    Polls taken that includes 60+% of respondents voting straight D on the ticket. I'm not so convinced that's an indicator that Trump voters are ashamed or nonvocal so much as that the poll takers are using their position to influence public opinion rather than gauging it.