Quote Originally Posted by Algy View Post
    If she magically does a 180 and takes anti-lgbt stances despite what her party platform says, I will say "damn it you got me Hillary" and watch her be destroyed in her re-election. Then move out of the country depending on any legislation that was enacted.
    I don't know what the chances are that Hillary would do that, but that's exactly what her husband did.

Herald of the Titans DocSavageFan's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dugraka View Post
    Whether she does anything meaningful or not is better than reverting to old practices. I'll take the slow and steady progress we're making any day. Trump can keep his coal where it belongs... in the past and in his fantasies.
    No. He wants to promote nuclear and natural gas energy going forward...which will actually do something meaningful to reduce CO2 emissions. Coal is not coming back regardless of who gets elected.
    Last edited by DocSavageFan; 2016-09-13 at 12:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Merkava View Post
    I don't know what the chances are that Hillary would do that, but that's exactly what her husband did.
    Yup, and it is a huge strike against his legacy in my eyes.

Yup, and it is a huge strike against his legacy in my eyes.
    Mine as well.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    At this point, it's pretty safe, actually. Regardless, the LGBT community has far less to be concerned about from Democrats than they do from Republicans, who are very openly hostile when it comes to gay rights.
    I'm talking about Trump and you're talking about Republicans.

Quote Originally Posted by alexw View Post
    Please point out where she said all Trump supporters were deplorables.

FYI how on earth can you be a mod when you lie like this?
    This is what I keep asking. Allowing a mod to outright lie doesn't look good for the moderation team of ANY subforum.

7+ Year Old Account
    Yes she can, gratz to her for winning the lgbt vote by the democratic party platform not treating us like shit.
    Republican platform is shit on this issue...I'll give you that. Conservatives are so....hmmm...conservative. The party is moving but it's going to take another couple of election cycles imo.

No it's not. Look at her campaigns platforms and the platform of the Democratic party.

It would be about as likely as a Republican president deciding midway through their term that the Second Amendment HAS TO GO. It's not going to happen.

At this point, it's pretty safe, actually. Regardless, the LGBT community has far less to be concerned about from Democrats than they do from Republicans, who are very openly hostile when it comes to gay rights.
    What exactly are "Gay rights"? Do they deserve "rights" special above and beyond other people?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    She won't shut down the EPA, and she will follow through with the stuff Obama said we would do at the Paris Climate Change Conference.

Trump said he would do the opposite:

Donald Trump pledges to rip up Paris climate agreement in energy speech
    http://www.msnbc.com/msnbc/donald-tr...-energy-speech

He also wants to kill the EPA, and have America do more coal mining.
    And you really believe he's going to shutdown the EPA...lol. He's a populist ffs.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes, if we treat both Hillary and Trump as liars, who will take the opposite of their current stance, then Trump is hands down the better choice. But, the idea that both candidates should have ran for each other's parties to be honest, is absurd. It's like buying a product that contains peanuts, while alergic, because labels they display are a lie. It makes your support of Trump and Hillary delusional.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Orbitus View Post
    This is what I keep asking. Allowing a mod to outright lie doesn't look good for the moderation team of ANY subforum.
    Aren't there rules here for mod call out?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DocSavageFan View Post
    And you really believe he's going to shutdown the EPA...lol. He's a populist ffs.
    You do realize that you are making a case to vote for the candidate that disagrees with you, because they are liars who will do the opposite? You honestly do not see a flaw there?
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell

They are ALL populists.

I'm talking about Trump and you're talking about Republicans.
    Yes, and? Trump is running as a Republican, so while he may not be a traditional Republican and he may stray from the party line on issues, do you think that he's going to go against his base on this issue? Do you think the GOP will let their nominee go against their base on one of the issues that they're the most vocal about?

More "arcane" trade policy is one thing, but a simple and straighforward emotional issue like this? Yeah, whole different ballgame.

Quote Originally Posted by Allybeboba View Post
    What exactly are "Gay rights"? Do they deserve "rights" special above and beyond other people?
    Equal rights and protection under the law, something that doesn't really exist on a national level and something that the GOP loudly fights against.

Maybe this will lighten everyones mood.

Quote Originally Posted by Selastan View Post
    Chocolate and cocaine come from the same plant, after all, and chocolate isn't illegal.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    There's nothing about affirmative action that is "racist".

10+ Year Old Account
    Only in the context of critiquing their adherence to the rules. As in, 'why did I get banned?!', not 'mods should have better posting history'. Mods are volunteers, they do not get paid and you can be one if you apply. They are not chosen for their posting ability. In fact, we need Stommed around, to balance the Ednus hate.

7+ Year Old Account
    Yes, and? Trump is running as a Republican, so while he may not be a traditional Republican and he may stray from the party line on issues, do you think that he's going to go against his base on this issue? Do you think the GOP will let their nominee go against their base on one of the issues that they're the most vocal about?

More "arcane" trade policy is one thing, but a simple and straighforward emotional issue like this? Yeah, whole different ballgame.
    Being a complete outsider, Trump is not owned by anyone and can/will do whatever he damn well feels is best for the country. Your schtick that he must rigidly adhere to the party platform is nonsense.

10+ Year Old Account
    Any assertion that gays have nothing to fear from a Hillary presidency just simply isn't true given her recent opposition to gay marriage.

So any assumption that the gays have nothing to fear from Hillary is unfounded -- at best.
    Trump: "I loved the gays, until I ran for president with an anti-LGBT party now I hate them."
    Hillary: "I hated the gays, until I ran for president with a pro-LGBT party now I love them."

You are trying to paint those two as equal and they are obviously not. I think you know that and are just arguing for the sake of arguing. No sane person who was voting to protect LGBT rights would vote for a GOP member. It's ridiculous on its face.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Allybeboba View Post
    I know I'm wasting my time because I know your posting history on this matter but equal rights aren't special rights, no matter how hard you twist yourself into a pretzel trying to make them "special"

Nope.
    /10 char.

Being a complete outsider, Trump is not owned by anyone and can/will do whatever he damn well feels is best for the country.
    Until you remember that he is still relying on support from the GOP and will need to get the GOP members of the legislature to back him in what he wants to do.

Because you know that they'll surely be excited to confirm Supreme Court justices and legislation that bolster and strengthen LGBT rights. Surely.

Your schtick that he must rigidly adhere to the party platform is nonsense.
    I didn't say he must rigidly adhere to it. I actually specifically pointed out that he strays from it on a number of "less important" issues that aren't as emotionally charged. But if you think that he's going to buck them in any serious way on this issue, an issue that is at the core of a lot of peoples voting decisions, you're out of your mind.

It's like saying that there's a chance he'd push to overturn the Second Amendment, because you know, he's not beholden to party lines : P