Herald of the Titans DocSavageFan's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain N View Post
    Even Snopes says that: Moreover, Quigg neither presented proof of his claims nor discussed them seriously.

So if the guy who's making the ludicrous claims cannot even back up his words -- there's a good chance it's a lie.
    Unproven is unproven and your conjecture is just that...conjecture. The fact of the matter is that Will Quigg, grand dragon of a Klan chapter in California, is indeed endorsing Hillary.
    Last edited by DocSavageFan; 2016-09-13 at 08:10 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DocSavageFan View Post
    Unproven is unproven and your conjecture is conjecture.
    There's a certain amount of irony in that considering you tried to post initially to claim it was True. So are you claiming now that your source may be incorrect, that it's possible that what Quigg says is a lie, and that you bought into a conspiracy theory?

Quote Originally Posted by Actarius View Post
    She acknowledged her belief may be wrong. Congrats, almost every rational person will admit that what they believe could be wrong.
    Well that's progress, at least. Too bad you didn't read the thread before you said this...

She hasn't changed her argument.

I strongly disagree with your analysis here, and truly believe that The Clintons didn't check up on every donation and approve/deny it. Generally speaking, a non-profit is ran by a bunch of individuals and a board. You don't go to the founder and ask if you can accept a donation, that's literally your job to collect money and do good things with it.

But this is my belief, and like Edge, I acknowledge I could be wrong and she may have the authority and influence to stop $10M for whatever reason. But you have provided no evidence to the contrary, so I will stick to my belief given what information has been made available.
    I never said any of that. This was my reply to you. Read it again, and tell me what you disagree with.
    Quote Originally Posted by Merkava View Post
    I never hinted that they would or should approve each donation. Only that in years after Bill Clinton left office, they would have had the authority over their own foundation to approve or deny a $10 Million donation from a foreign country. If you don't believe that, it's ok. If you think they would have set up their own Foundation to run in such a manner that they have no authority over which donations they accept that's fine. You can believe that.

10+ Year Old Account
    No, I'm saying that in seeking donations for his library, Bill Clinton and his wife Hillary had absolute authority when it came to deciding whether or not to accept multi million dollar donations from foreign countries.
    But you've already admitted that you have no proof to support this assertion.

They're the ones that had their presidential legacies and political careers at stake. Do you really think they would structure the foundation that carries their name, and now the name of their daughter, to not allow them that control? Would you do it that way?
    That's literally what the board of directors is for. A large group of really smart, diverse people, that work together to make decisions for the foundation. It also allows the Clinton's to have some separation from any bad decisions that are made. It's why boards exist.

But it's really a pointless discussion that we're having. There's no proof either way. Might as well get into discussing whether or not the Foundation should accept donations from Saudi Arabia. Personally, I'd take the money.
    Eat yo vegetables

7+ Year Old Account
    There's a certain amount of irony in that considering you tried to post initially to claim it was True. So are you claiming now that your source may be incorrect, that it's possible that what Quigg says is a lie, and that you bought into a conspiracy theory?
    I initially posted that it doesn't matter in the scheme of things if was or wasn't true. The $20K donation can't be proven or disproven...but Quigg did in fact publically endorse Hillary Clinton. Now you can choose to believe he's lying (based on zero evidence) because that just happens to help you rationalize your worldview...or you can sit back and think about it for a minute and perhaps conclude that it doesn't really matter one iota who some random yahoo scumbag KKK member supports. Which will it be?
    Last edited by DocSavageFan; 2016-09-13 at 08:23 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I initially posted that it doesn't matter if was or wasn't true. The $20K donation can't be proven or disproven...but Quigg did in fact publically endorse Hillary Clinton. Now you can choose to believe he's lying (based on zero evidence) because that just happens to help you rationalize your worldview...or you can sit back and think about for a minute and perhaps conclude that it doesn't really matter one iota who some random yahoo scumbag KKK member supports. Which will it be?
    Concerning your article he claims he supports her because of a "Hidden Agenda" that she's not disclosing to anyone nor can he supply any proof to that hidden agenda because he cannot reveal his sources. So once again if he can't speak seriously about the claims he made (Revealed in the Snopes article) and there's no actual proof to the donation why would I take this guy seriously in the first place? If he's lying about the Hidden Agenda and about the Donation it's likely his support for Clinton is also a sham....I mean he claims he doesn't like Trump because of his hair. You can't take someone seriously who dislikes Tribbles...unless they're a Klingon.

Looks like KKK leadership now believes that Hillary will do a better job of reflecting their core values...as if this really means anything in the scheme of things.
    And you did claim it as True. Are you a liar like Quigg?

Your edit was cute.

7+ Year Old Account
    Concerning your article he claims he supports her because of a "Hidden Agenda" that she's not disclosing to anyone nor can he supply any proof to that hidden agenda because he cannot reveal his sources. So once again if he can't speak seriously about the claims he made (Revealed in the Snopes article) and there's no actual proof to the donation why would I take this guy seriously in the first place? If he's lying about the Hidden Agenda and about the Donation it's likely his support for Clinton is also a sham....I mean he claims he doesn't like Trump because of his hair. You can't take someone seriously who dislikes Tribbles...unless they're a Klingon.
    So you choose to believe he's lying without any proof because it helps you rationalize your worldview. Got it.

The $20K donation can't be proven or disproven...
    Yes it can. The Clinton campaign already stated that they'd not received $20k in anonymous donations in total, meaning that the $20K Quigg claimed to donate doesn't exist.

You keep bringing up red herrings like the actually mean something.

but Quigg did in fact publically endorse Hillary Clinton.
    Context matters.

Now you can choose to believe he's lying (based on zero evidence) because that just happens to help you rationalize your worldview...
    Or because the Clinton campaign confirmed that they'd not received the donation that he said he made. You know, facts.

or you can sit back and think about it for a minute and perhaps conclude that it doesn't really matter one iota who some random yahoo scumbag KKK member supports. Which will it be?
    It does if why they're donating matters, which it does. And currently all Quigg has said as to why is because of some secret "hidden agenda", which is a load of poppycock.

Stop pretending that these silly fantasies are as valid a point of discussion as actual things that exist in reality. They are not equal.

Quote Originally Posted by Venant View Post
    Seems like she is still holed up in compound while the corporate media desperately tries to change the topic away from her health. I hope that anyone who gets information from cable news realizes that all these people are paid millions of dollars a year, and for that type of money most people would say practically anything.
    ...oh no, candidate with pneumonia is getting lots of rest and probably treatment. That fiendish, cunning monster, are there any depths to which she'll refuse to sink.

Quote Originally Posted by LaserSharkDFB View Post
    ...oh no, candidate with pneumonia is getting lots of rest and probably treatment. That fiendish, cunning monster, are there any depths to which she'll refuse to sink.
    I really genuinely hope she is getting plenty of rest, and that they don't push her out back into the campaign too soon.

That doesn't change that the media is pulling away from the "health issues? nonsense" approach.
    If you are particularly bold, you could use a Shiny Ditto. Do keep in mind though, this will infuriate your opponents due to Ditto's beauty. Please do not use Shiny Ditto. You have been warned.

10+ Year Old Account

I never said any of that. This was my reply to you. Read it again, and tell me what you disagree with.
    I don't recall saying you said anything. I said I strongly disagree with your analysis and then moved on to a different point. In case you missed it I said "and [I] truly believe....." Which means it's my opinion not yours.

It it was meant to showcase my opinion on the matter, since I haven't provided it yet, and show you how people can acknowledge their viewpoint could be wrong. And I'm not sure why you quoted youraelf. I wasn't replying to that or I would have quoted it. Thanks I guess? But I already read it and didn't care enough to reply the first time.

Scrub Resto Druid Trying to Make a Difference

Why should anyone believe she has pneumonia at this point? They claim she was diagnosed with it on Friday, then they covered it up for two days, then they lied twice about what happened at the 9/11 memorial, and then finally they came out and said she has pneumonia.

I have a huge problem with the fact that she was able to order the media to turn their cameras off at the 9/11 memorial, and the only reason this story exists is because of some guy with a phone and a twitter account.
    Most people would rather die than think, and most people do. -Bertrand Russell
    Before the camps, I regarded the existence of nationality as something that shouldn’t be noticed - nationality did not really exist, only humanity. But in the camps one learns: if you belong to a successful nation you are protected and you survive. If you are part of universal humanity - too bad for you -Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

Quote Originally Posted by LilSaihah View Post
    I really genuinely hope she is getting plenty of rest, and that they don't push her out back into the campaign too soon.

That doesn't change that the media is pulling away from the "health issues? nonsense" approach.
    Yeah, a case of pneumonia and seasonal allergies doesn't actually rise to a newsworthy level of 'health issues', to be honest. I mean, I'm sure people want them to go into a 24-hour news cycle blitz about this but... why? "CLINTON HAS PNEUMONIA DOES THAT MAKE HER INELIGIBLE FOR THE PRESIDENCY?!?!" "Um... no?" "Had to ask."

Her campaign acknowledges they should have handled the situation better. What more, exactly, do you want?

Why should anyone believe she has pneumonia at this point? They claim she was diagnosed with it on Friday, then they covered it up for two days, then they lied twice about what happened at the 9/11 memorial, and then finally they came out and said she has pneumonia.

I have a huge problem with the fact that she was able to order the media to turn their cameras off at the 9/11 memorial, and the only reason this story exists is because of some guy with a phone and a twitter account.
    Because you have no actual proof that she has anything else. HTH.

Funny how the pneumonia thing only dropped after basically everyone laughed off the 'overheated' defense due to it being 79 degrees out. Career liar continuing to do so and roping in those who want to stay in her good graces to pan and play up the pneumonia deal, par for the Hillary course.
    The Fresh Prince of Baudelaire

Banned at least 10 times. Don't give a fuck, going to keep saying what I want how I want to.

Eat meat. Drink water. Do cardio and burpees. The good life.

Quote Originally Posted by LilSaihah View Post
    The DNC leaks proved that the Hillary Clinton campaign writes the script for most of what is reported in the corporate media, but it seems like all their script writers are coming down with a sudden case of pneumonia.
    Before the camps, I regarded the existence of nationality as something that shouldn’t be noticed - nationality did not really exist, only humanity. But in the camps one learns: if you belong to a successful nation you are protected and you survive. If you are part of universal humanity - too bad for you -Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    It's unproven because...wait for it...it's bullshit : D

Depending on why they donated/support her, yes. If it's because she started saying vile, bigoted shit that's in-line with what the KKK believes, it would absolutely matter.

If they're just going to make a bunch of shit up about a "hidden agenda" then I'll continue to ignore them.
    She did call them super predators and verbally supported a crime bill that "took care of 'them'".

The DNC leaks proved that the Hillary Clinton campaign writes the script for most of what is reported in the corporate media, but it seems like all their script writers are coming down with a sudden case of pneumonia.
    They prove nothing of the sort. Jesus christ this election has got to be at peak stupid.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Damajin View Post
    Funny how the pneumonia thing only dropped after basically everyone laughed off the 'overheated' defense due to it being 79 degrees out. Career liar continuing to do so and roping in those who want to stay in her good graces to pan and play up the pneumonia deal, par for the Hillary course.
    Overheating while in a crowd, in formal wear, probably with a vest, while suffering walking pneumonia is perfectly rational and has the benefit of a medical diagnosis confirming it.

Her campaign acknowledges they should have handled the situation better. What more, exactly, do you want?
    By 'handle better' you mean by not lieing and engaging in a cover up, or do you mean they should have shot the guy who recorded her collapsing before he could post the video to twitter?

By 'handle better' you mean by not lieing and engaging in a cover up, or do you mean they should have shot the guy who recorded her collapsing before he could post the video to twitter?
    You understand the difference between "covering up" and just not talking about it right"?

Quote Originally Posted by Damajin View Post
    I was on a long drive when this was happening, I was jumping between CNN, MSNBC, and FOX news channels.

MSNBC was immediately trying to excuse the issue, but lamented that it "looks bad" and now all the "healthers" people have something to point to. The MSNBC reporter said it was "SO HOT" there in NYC that she herself could pass out. I later heard it was hot there in the days before, but that day it was actually very pleasant. Even Hillary said "it's a beautiful day here in NYC" on her way out of her daughters place.

CNN was bashing on FOX news for reporting on the issue with only one confirmed source and a second source that backed it up but that they couldn't confirm. They also lamented on the optics of being appearing sickly and how that could negatively impact her.

FOX was being factual about the situation, it seems they were self aware and didn't want to be seen as jumping on a band wagon of "healthers".