10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by BloodElf4Life View Post
    Really? That's why the FBI decided to open the case once more I guess, because they have no reason to accuse her of anything, they just want to tamper with the elections, right?
    The reports that are in so far suggest Comey was being overly cautious and his vague "we have to look, just FYI" letter is being misread. Yes, there are some people claiming he's trying to tamper with the election, but if he really was being overly cautious, then I think what's happening is sloppy, and could result in penalties from their employer, but not criminal.

...whoa, just got the oddest case of deja vu...

Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    I've posted everything there is to find so far. The information comes from CNN, NBC, CBS and the AP.
    Are you referring to this post by you?
    Here's the news, what little there is so far of course:
    I looked at the links you gave, but still didn't see anything about the FBI saying they weren't looking at anything sent by Clinton. I admit, I might have missed it, though. Do you remember where you read that?

Quote Originally Posted by Dugraka View Post
    I hope its a landslide but unless Trump does something monumentally stupid in the next 11 days (safe bet) enough stupid people will pick up on this story and read the FBI's vague ass statements and take it to mean Hillary is guilty of something (like people in this thread are doing) which makes me fear it'll be closer. She'll still win but I'd like a sure win so that these Trumpet fucks go back to the holes they crawled out of.
    You sound like a very pleasant person. Actually you sound very much like a Clinton supporter.

Quote Originally Posted by satimy View Post
    It just posts like these that show how divided the country is and if Hilary wins without 60 senators she ain't getting shit done.
    She was never going to with the House already admitting they're blocking her on literally everything she wants to do.

Although I find it interesting that you are blaming everybody that the Trumpettes have been lashing out at since the primaries started rather than the actual people insisting everything is rigged against them, causing trouble, and refusing to accept the outcome of the election.

Quote Originally Posted by Nexx226 View Post
    Considering it requires intent, it does and it did.

Swing and a miss.
    Please stop abusing the word "intent"

Intent in the world of law is there to differentiate it from acts that are negligent, aka accidents. If I throw a stick and I'm not intending to hit you or anyone else, but lo and behold my terrible throw smacks someone in the eye, I can be sued for the INTENTIONAL tort of assault and battery since I intended to throw the stick. The result means jack all.

She committed an intentional act by setting up the server, she did not accidentally set up the server. If an intentional act results in the elements listed in the US Code, then that warrants a trial (or summary judgment if no one is contesting the facts).

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    Perjury is a specific crime. Unless he's been convicted of it, it's inflammatory and false to claim he's guilty of it.
    Agreed.

It is also false and inflammatory to accuse Donald Trump of sexual abuse when he has never even been formally charged for such a crime - or convicted of it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tijuana View Post
    Based on the math of the polls and the new emails, your next president will be Tim Kaine.
    Eh, there are worse things. He might be the first person ever to be mayor, governor, senator and President!

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    Perjury is a specific crime. Unless he's been convicted of it, it's inflammatory and false to claim he's guilty of it.
    I commend you on your newly found penchant for verbal exactitude. I may even remind you of it in our future interactions. Until then, kudos!

I like how medias try to twist this into something else, you know.

"Oh it's totally unrelated!"

Really? That's why the FBI decided to open the case once more I guess, because they have no reason to accuse her of anything, they just want to tamper with the elections, right?

Well, perhaps they do try to tamper with the elections, much like Hillary paid the FBI investigator 500k, right?

Oh, you mean it's only corruption when it's happening on one side? Ah.
    This is just gold right here.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by hydrium View Post
    You sound like a very pleasant person. Actually you sound very much like a Clinton supporter.
    I'm not, I'm Anti Trump. I already voted for Clinton however but only because 3rd party vote is an absolute waste and I still agree with Democratic policies in general. I wanted Bernie to win the nomination but we know how that turned out.

10+ Year Old Account
    I like how medias try to twist this into something else, you know.

"Oh it's totally unrelated!"

Well, perhaps they do try to tamper with the elections, much like Hillary paid the FBI investigator 500k, right?

Oh, you mean it's only corruption when it's happening on one side? Ah.
    To paraphrase Comey, he told Congress because he didn't want to hear them talking shit down the line if they someone learned about the connection between Anthony's Wiener and the Clinton emails. Which they would've have done. Comey is some dude who doesn't care about politics and is seemingly stuck in the middle, which is why he keeps pissing off people on both ends of the spectrum. He has 0 political tact.

Maybe Comey just wants to see the world burn? Who knows.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

10+ Year Old Account
    She deleted her emails. Where have you been? But, she was not able to delete both sides, hence new information.
    Reports so far say the emails weren't from her.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fasc View Post

Intent in the world of law is there to differentiate it from acts that are negligent, aka accidents. If I throw a stick and I'm not intending to hit you or anyone else, but lo and behold my terrible throw smacks someone in the eye, I can be sued for the INTENTIONAL tort of assault and battery since I intended to throw the stick. The result means jack all.

She committed an intentional act by setting up the server, she did not accidentally set up the server. If an intentional act results in the elements listed in the US Code, then that warrants a trial (or summary judgment if no one is contesting the facts).
    Yeah, I think we'll go with the word of the actual professionals rather than armchair internet lawyers, on this.

Based on the math of the polls and the new emails, your next president will be Tim Kaine.
    Fine with me. That's part of the reason why I said Hillary Clinton on life support is a better president than Trump.

Quote Originally Posted by Fasc View Post

You are both wrong. The original quote was "intent to disseminate" the information. For there to be criminal charges, precedent required there to be intent to the info to get in the wrong hands. What she did was negligent, but that is a lesser violation, one for which, in past cases, the FBI did not file criminal charges for.

10+ Year Old Account
    The reports that are in so far suggest Comey was being overly cautious and his vague "we have to look, just FYI" letter is being misread. Yes, there are some people claiming he's trying to tamper with the election, but if he really was being overly cautious, then I think what's happening is sloppy, and could result in penalties from their employer, but not criminal.

...whoa, just got the oddest case of deja vu...
    What you're claiming here is at best a case of bad judgement or at worst a case of blind fanaticism.
    Google Diversity Memo
    Learn to use critical thinking: https://youtu.be/J5A5o9I7rnA

Political left, right similarly motivated to avoid rival views
    [...] we have an intolerance for ideas and evidence that don’t fit a certain ideology. I’m also not saying that we should restrict people to certain gender roles; I’m advocating for quite the opposite: treat people as individuals, not as just another member of their group (tribalism)..

Quote Originally Posted by KrazyK923 View Post
    She was never going to with the House already admitting they're blocking her on literally everything she wants to do.

Although I find it interesting that you are blaming everybody that the Trumpettes have been lashing out at since the primaries started rather than the actual people insisting everything is rigged against them, causing trouble, and refusing to accept the outcome of the election.
    I'm not blaming anyone, and those obstructionist republicans are very popular else the democrats would win their seats

How does it not? I know you called that hypoexample "ridiculous" but if they were not, as is reported so far, from Clinton OR her private server, that really cuts down on the blowback this can possibly have on her.
    Because two people communicating information that leads the FBI or any other investigator to believe something is going on can still be more than enough to warrant additional looking and prodding, so the source (being from her server for example) or other content (Clinton Foundation for example) can and are irrelevant to the FBI's interests.

Quote Originally Posted by Nexx226 View Post
    Except the last 11 investigations didn't turn up shit so it's more likely no one will think this one will turn up shit either.
    The last 11 FBI investigations?

Apparently "under investigation" means "guilty and on the way to the guillotine" in the states.