15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Venant View Post
    Slaves weren't allowed to vote, the 3/5 compromise was a demand by southerners that had to do with federal representation based upon the population of the southern colonies.

- - - Updated - - -

You should keep in mind that white Europeans considered themselves superior to African blacks at that point in history because in Africa they had not yet invented the wheel. Most of 'black Africa' was completely primitive at that point, pretty much thousands of years behind the Europeans in technological and cultural advancement.
    It also included the EC.

- - - Updated - - -

You should keep in mind that white Europeans considered themselves superior to African blacks at that point in history because in Africa they had not yet invented the wheel. Most of 'black Africa' was completely primitive at that point, pretty much thousands of years behind the Europeans in technological and cultural advancement.
    So they deserved to be enslaved? Or is this some veiled attack on black Americans?
    Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    There is a problem, but I know just banning guns will fix the problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Daelak View Post
    Shhhh, he doesn't want to believe that race and slavery were the bedrock onto this nation was formed. He wants fireworks and rainbows.

Um. No.

While slavery is a part of the American history, slavery had fuck all to do with the nation forming. The slavery shit came after all that independence jazz.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tijuana View Post
    Slaves were allowed to vote, but it only counted as 3/5 of one vote each. Maybe the issue is not that history is being re-written, but that you need to re-read it.
    That's wrong. The 3/5 compromise was about representation. It was so slave owning states with few people could count their slaves for representation in congress. It was a tactic to keep the more populous north from voting on anti southern/slavery laws.

Do you people even take a history class in school?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Asiwassaying View Post
    Um. No.

While slavery is a part of the American history, slavery had fuck all to do with the nation forming. The slavery shit came after all that independence jazz.
    That's hilarious. You wouldn't have the constitution we have today were it not for the compromises made for southern states to regulate and disenfranchise their voice in the EC and popular vote.

- - - Updated - - -

That's wrong. The 3/5 compromise was about representation. It was so slave owning states with few people could count their slaves for representation in congress. It was a tactic to keep the more populous north from voting on anti southern/slavery laws.

Do you people even take a history class in school?
    So was the EC. It was a way to disenfranchise a person's vote in the federal elections, which included senators at the time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Divided Corporate States of Neo-Feudal Murica, Inc.
    There is no Nobel Peace Prize big enough to cover the shame of killing innocent people.
    Which, lest we forget, began under Shrub/Darth for several years based on lies about WMDs in Iraq and other lies and euphemisms like "enhanced interrogation", and was continued under Obama.

Obama, who campaigned on enforcing accountability for such crimes, quickly switched to "Let's move forward, not backward" once in office and later, "We tortured a few folks" - it's quite obvious that the fix was in for both parties.

Yup. You don't have a clue.

1. Without slavery, England would have still expanded. And America would have still revolted. So while slavery is a part of americas history, it had nothing to do with the country's formation. As in. When the country went from a colony yesterday , to a country today, slavery wasn't even a talking point.

2. I don't even know what you are saying guy. If anyone thinks that the 3/5 compromise meant slaves could vote, I would be silly to take any claims you make after seriously

10+ Year Old Account
    Slaves weren't allowed to vote, the 3/5 compromise was a demand by southerners that had to do with federal representation based upon the population of the southern colonies.

- - - Updated - - -

Didn't invent the wheel? What does that even mean? Most societies did not "invent" the wheel. Revisionist bullshit wants you to believe that Africa was just backwards tribes because it makes the exploitation of African slaves and resources appear less severe. What? Were they all running around naked with bones in their noses until the Europeans came? That nonsense is lazy when there is theres plenty of scholarly resources on the Internet that debunk that nonsense.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

15+ Year Old Account
    Yup. You don't have a clue.

1. Without slavery, England would have still expanded. And America would have still revolted. So while slavery is a part of americas history, it had nothing to do with the country's formation. As in. When the country went from a colony yesterday , to a country today, slavery wasn't even a talking point.

2. I don't even know what you are saying guy. If anyone thinks that the 3/5 compromise meant slaves could vote, I would be silly to take any claims you make after seriously
    It has everything to do with it, because in order for the constitution to be ratified, they had to appease the slave-owning class of the south, which included disenfranchising the voting rights of the vast majority of the southern population, hence the creation of the EC.

To all the distraught, incredibly emotional, broken down and absolutely disturbed Hillary supporters. Dont worry in 4 years she will run again unless DOJ successfully puts her in jail. They will just stick a new battery in her.

And don't worry Trumps whole cabinet is looking to be a bunch of insiders that Hillary would have picked anyways. I have a feeling the Trump use of the word 'Change' is going to be very very similar to Obama's use of the word 'Change'.... which is basically, keep the incredibly bad status quo but buff it up and make it all shiny for the top 1%.

Quote Originally Posted by Noblia View Post
    To all the distraught, incredibly emotional, broken down and absolutely disturbed Hillary supporters. Dont worry in 4 years she will run again unless DOJ successfully puts her in jail. They will just stick a new battery in her.

And don't worry Trumps whole cabinet is looking to be a bunch of insiders that Hillary would have picked anyways. I have a feeling the Trump use of the word 'Change' is going to be very very similar to Obama's use of the word 'Change'.... which is basically, keep the incredibly bad status quo but buff it up and make it all shiny for the top 1%.
    Yeah you know, somehow I doubt she'd have hired people like Flynn, Sessions, and Bannon.

This Will Help

Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    Did you just say there was an entire medical facility in someone's apartment? Like, "Hi, I'm Chelsea, this is the living room, this is the kitchen, the hospital is the first door on the left"?

I'm sure you have a trustworthy source for this. Something other than "it used to be a health care facility". A simple reverse address search listed lots of names and a plumber, but no medical care at all. The site you linked has zero reviews. And most tellingly, the business you listed is on Yelp with three reviews, all in the time frame in question, all Clinton jokes.

You got lied to and bought it. Metrocare Givers is on 160 Broadway, nowhere near Chelsea's address. Go ahead and call them and ask where they are. (212) 689-7000 they're open 9 to 5.
    Hii, I couldn't help but notice that you linked to Whitepages. Thus, you should rever this. They provide Free whitepages premium accounts and passwords. This worked for me so I thought it will help others too.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Noblia View Post

Do tell us what state rep or senate seat she’s going to run for. Because 2022 is not a presidential election year.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Noxx79 View Post
    Do tell us what state rep or senate seat she’s going to run for. Because 2022 is not a presidential election year.
    Maybe you should look at the date of the post you are quoting. This should probably be locked though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by louislitt View Post
    you should rever this
    Okay, fair enough. I'll keep that in mind.

But I just tried 3 other searches, and none of them came up with medical care either. So, at least in this case, I lucked out. I'll still use something more accurate in the future.

Deleted
    How can you run for anything if you can hardly stand anymore?

Thread is 2 years old an election is over.

Closed.