15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    Judging by how both are really disliked, I say yes.
    Their votes are turning to abstain though, not Stein, Bernie or the Never Trump conservatives.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

Quote Originally Posted by Masark View Post
    Obergefell V. Hodges nothing. They'd like to overturn Lawrence v. Texas.
    They would also want to overturn Loving V Virginia too.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ransath View Post
    LOL at Hillary.

When you have lost at everything and are floundering with no place to go there is only one final thing you can do - play the race card.

Her comments today about Trump show how desperate she truly is. Stick a fork in her, she is done - her campaign is over. She has absolutely nothing left. She will lose in a landslide this fall.
    Funny, the polls show the exact opposite. Even the electoral college is showing her at 363 points from something that was posted the other day from fivethirtyeight.com. She is going to win in the biggest landslide since before Reagan.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hillary's speech was pretty good today, and trump calling her a bigot is retarded.

Literally.

How can anyone not see his textbook racist and bigoted remarks at this point? You are actually blind if you cannot.

The Unstoppable Force Theodarzna's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yvaelle View Post
    She polls much higher when she's not running for office because she's a charismatic and intelligent celebrity. She polls poorly when she's running for stuff because she's a warhawk with dubious-at-best moral quality.

I'd love to sit down with her with a big glass of chardonnay and have an interesting discussion, but I'm almost diametrically opposed to her on foreign and economic policy. We have some common ground on social policy, but a generous 1 of 3 is a fail where I come from.

I don't believe that many white male Trump voters are voting for him solely based on him having a dick. I think Trump does an excellent job of preying on the fears and insecurities of a vanishing (and overwhelmingly white) middle and lower middle class in the US. They're afraid of losing their jobs to brown people overseas, losing local jobs to brown immigrants, being attacked by brown strangers. They're afraid that the powers they thought existed to safeguard them (government) are corrupt.

And then Trump walks on stage and says, "Everything we feared, is true. I will make America great again." - and dumb people eat that shit up - because everybody wants to be told that they are right, that the problem isn't them, it's somebody else - not anybody they know - not anybody that looks like them or lives near them.

Dumb people simplify complex problems into one-dimensional issues, so that they are easy to grasp and discuss - but they never challenge the assumptions they made to get that simplification, let alone that the problem is multi-dimensional. Simple problems have simple solutions. Trump only gives simple solutions. Often times he doesn't even give solutions, he just implies he'll figure it out later, get it done on their behalf, and then they'll see the benefit.

Everyone wishes dilemmas were that simple, that they could just trust one person to go away, figure it all out without hassling us, and come back when it's perfect in the eyes of every stakeholder. That is Trump's promise - and it's super effective.

It's complete bullshit. But he sells a very compelling dream, so long as people are stupid enough to buy his dream, sales will go through the roof. One day, they'll turn around and realize that you can't eat a dream, dreams don't protect you, don't grow the economy, don't make you better - but if you just keep hitting the snooze button - you can stay in the dream-world a few years longer.
    I would also argue the burden of globalization has been largely held at that white male voters expense, most of them haven't seen a pay raise in 45 years and economic insecurity in those communities is jarring to see.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    i think I have my posse filled out now. Mars is Theo, Jupiter is Vanyali, Linadra is Venus, and Heather is Mercury. Dragon can be Pluto.
    On MMO-C we learn that Anti-Fascism is locking arms with corporations, the State Department and agreeing with the CIA, But opposing the CIA and corporate America, and thinking Jews have a right to buy land and can expect tenants to pay rent THAT is ultra-Fash Nazism. Bellingcat is an MI6/CIA cut out. Clyburn Truther.

10+ Year Old Account
    LOL at Hillary.

When you have lost at everything and are floundering with no place to go there is only one final thing you can do - play the race card.

Her comments today about Trump show how desperate she truly is. Stick a fork in her, she is done - her campaign is over. She has absolutely nothing left. She will lose in a landslide this fall.
    lol.

This is the shit trump supporters come up with. Bernie bros atleast had some ideas of how MAYBE they could win.

This is just bs.

Also yes, this speech today would have seemed desperate if it was a close race, but it's a landslide for Clinton, so it was really just brutal.

Trump will lose, i'm pretty confident in it. No candidate has ever lost at this point post conventions in our history. Especially once labor day hits, the cake is baked.

I'm pretty happy, while i'm not complacent, i'm comfortable in knowing we'll get to say President Clinton again next January, and you can go crawl back to the dark recess of the internets and die off like you and the racist things trump has brought out all can go do. Die in the dark corner of history like your ideals should have hundreds of years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Vynestra View Post
    Hillary's speech was pretty good today, and trump calling her a bigot is retarded.

Literally.

How can anyone not see his textbook racist and bigoted remarks at this point? You are actually blind if you cannot.
    Funny you call people blind........https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7LYRUOd_QoM

Hillary does hate blacks, thats 100% and easily proven, her "Super Predator" comment, i guess thats ok? And her praise of Robert Byrd, the KKK grand dragon, thats ok too..........oh wait, thats old news, shes changed!!! haha

Oh no wait wait TRUMP UNIVERSITY!!!! there we go, we gotcha now!!!......................Try out CLINTON COLLEGE if you want to see a HUGE scam.

With you liberals the argument is ALWAYS THE SAME. But trump said, but trump did, never a focus on hitlery, never.
    Last edited by wdh1974; 2016-08-26 at 01:31 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by wdh1974 View Post
    her "Super Predator" comment
    3 guesses why the Clintons are so popular with African Americans.

Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    It's because they love the D...infront of her name.
    "It doesn't matter if you believe me or not but common sense doesn't really work here. You're mad, I'm mad. We're all MAD here."

LOL at Hillary.

You would think conservatives would avoid the word "landslide" considering how the last time it was used, their candidate got buried in one. And if you think Hillary is "done" you haven't been paying attention: http://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/...-forecast/#now

So when November rolls around and you're scratching your head saying "what happened?" as they announce Hillary as the new President of the United States, you'll regret using the word "landslide" as you watch Trump buried in one of his own making.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyriani View Post
    You would think conservatives would avoid the word "landslide" considering how the last time it was used, their candidate got buried in one. And if you think Hillary is "done" you haven't been paying attention: http://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/...-forecast/#now

So when November rolls around and you're scratching your head saying "what happened?" as they announce Hillary as the new President of the United States, you'll regret using the word "landslide" as you watch Trump buried in one of his own making.
    They won't be scratching their head. They'll be declaring that Democrats sent out a virus that rigged electronic ballots, and stuffed paper ballots with illegal immigrant votes. And, of course, they'll do it non-jokingly. Yes, they will truly believe that's what happened.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

10+ Year Old Account

Hillary does hate blacks, thats 100% and easily proven, her "Super Predator" comment, i guess thats ok? And her praise of Robert Byrd, the KKK grand dragon, thats ok too..........oh wait, thats old news, shes changed!!! haha

Oh no wait wait TRUMP UNIVERSITY!!!! there we go, we gotcha now!!!......................Try out CLINTON COLLEGE if you want to see a HUGE scam.

With you liberals the argument is ALWAYS THE SAME. But trump said, but trump did, never a focus on hitlery, never.
    Thats the point of this election, focus on Trump.

That's how we win.

And Trump is making it really easy to focus on Trump.

The "run the clock down" strategy is pretty effective. For over 20 days we've been in landslide territory with little movement.

Just wait til Obama Michelle and Sanders get out to stump for her once it gets closer. Obamas approval ratings are looking better and better.

7+ Year Old Account
    Tis' a puzzle, after the Crime Bill you would think there would be a little less loyalty to the Democrats, or NAFTA and its devastation of manufacturing jobs which black folk in the urban blights ALSO needed, not just the much reviled CIS WHITE MEN! Heck Bill Clinton went balls deep for Ronald Reagan’s agenda on race, crime, welfare, and taxes—ultimately doing more harm to black communities than Reagan ever did. Bill Clinton presided over the largest increase in federal and state prison inmates of any president in American history. Clinton did not declare the War on Crime or the War on Drugs—those wars were declared before Reagan was elected and long before crack hit the streets—but he escalated it beyond what many conservatives had imagined possible. Clinton championed the idea of a federal “three strikes” law in his 1994 State of the Union address and, months later, signed a $30 billion crime bill that created dozens of new federal capital crimes, mandated life sentences for some three-time offenders, and authorized more than $16 billion for state prison grants and the expansion of police forces.

Hillary wasn’t picking out china while she was first lady. She bravely broke the mold and redefined that job in ways no woman ever had before. She not only campaigned for Bill; she also wielded power and significant influence once he was elected, lobbying for legislation and other measures. That record, and her statements from that era, should be scrutinized. In her support for the 1994 crime bill, for example, she used racially coded rhetoric to cast black children as animals. “They are not just gangs of kids anymore,” she said. “They are often the kinds of kids that are called ‘super-predators.’ No conscience, no empathy. We can talk about why they ended up that way, but first we have to bring them to heel.”

Your guess is as good as any as to why Black voters love the Clinton brand, perhaps its similar to why Middle Class and poor whites like Trump and the Tea Party.
    i think I have my posse filled out now. Mars is Theo, Jupiter is Vanyali, Linadra is Venus, and Heather is Mercury. Dragon can be Pluto.
    On MMO-C we learn that Anti-Fascism is locking arms with corporations, the State Department and agreeing with the CIA, But opposing the CIA and corporate America, and thinking Jews have a right to buy land and can expect tenants to pay rent THAT is ultra-Fash Nazism. Bellingcat is an MI6/CIA cut out. Clyburn Truther.

Quote Originally Posted by Saucexorzski View Post
    It's because they love the D...infront of her name.
    Its because during the 90s the Clintons were one of the few major politicians paying attention to them. African Americans favored the sentencing reforms that have fallen out of favor now.

So while both Clinton and the black community want prison reform, they remember her and her husband caring enough about them to do something for them at the time, even if it ended up being the wrong thing.

7+ Year Old Account

I will start a SUPER PAC and its going to be called SENATOR_BYRD_WAS_NOT_RACIST_FUCKING_DO_SOME_REASEARCH with all my shill checks it should be enough to cover the costs.

Its because during the 90s the Clintons were one of the few major politicians paying attention to them. African Americans favored the sentencing reforms that have fallen out of favor now.

So while both Clinton and the black community want prison reform, they remember her and her husband caring enough about them to do something for them at the time, even if it ended up being the wrong thing.
    I hope you remember this election because win or lose Donald Trump is about to do to Latino voters the same thing they did to the African American community. That way when people say that Latinos vote for X because it has a D in front of their name you can remember when republicans had 30 - 40 % of their vote and Trump drove that to the ground.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by hydrium View Post
    Yet these two candidates have managed to do something no one else has ever been able to do.

We automatically assume a woman can be President without even blinking an eye.
    The GOP has become pro-lgbt.
    It takes an amazing amount of selective hearing to have the GOP issue the most anti-lgbt platform in recent history and declare they are pro-lgbt cause Trump said like two kind of nice things.

High Overlord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    I would also argue the burden of globalization has been largely held at that white male voters expense, most of them haven't seen a pay raise in 45 years and economic insecurity in those communities is jarring to see.
    This is a good point, and should be a launching pad in our political sphere for an intelligent an honest discussion about what do with the aftershocks of rapid globalization. The solution of course, is not to retract into the cocoon and pretend the rest of the rest doesn't exist, because this simply isn't possible, that cat is thoroughly out of the bag now.

The problem is that an enormous proportion of people can see the first part of the issue, but then proceed to profoundly misunderstand the subsequent parts that make up this matrix of intended and unintended consequences resulting from globalization. The poster gets it exactly right, it is just so much easier to harken back to age-old arguments rooted in an obsession with alterity and 'the other' than it is to be honest about the problem and its causes. Capitalism isn't perfect, it's machinations are not perfect, and it's global extension in the last half-century more assuredly has not been all smooth sailing. But talking honestly about the issues of a global marketplace run amok is a hard (and unpopular) thing to do, especially in America, the poster child of Capitalism for the last century. Just imagine if either one of them stood up on the podium and said "we have got to reckon with the reality that the spread of globalization and most especially emerging free-markets untethered by serious attempts at regulation have resulted in a global environment where multinational corporations - whose sole fiduciary obligation is to their shareholders - are always going to make whatever choice results in the highest earnings for this quarter, and often, that will mean choosing workers they are free to pay almost nothing to make their products." They would get crucified in the news as anti-capitalist fire-breathing marxists, especially in America.

Remember when Obama said "you didn't build that"? Even though in very next sentence he placed that initial sentiment in a clear context, it didn't matter, the news ate that shit up for weeks.

Also, globalization has hurt all Americans who fit into that precarious category, not just white Americans. The aftermath of the financial crisis in 2009 just brought into stark relief that white Americans in certain socio-economic categories were not immune from the effects of a global marketplace, and especially one so feverishly invested in complex financial markets, as they had previously believed they were.

An honest conversation about globalization and what to do now would be welcomed by most people, regardless of their politics, but it would require an honest and difficult discussion about capitalism, which causes most people to flee to their respective ideological camps, those who believe capitalism is a cancer, and those who believe the cancer is the 'other'.
    Last edited by Finith; 2016-08-26 at 04:04 AM.

Over the last 15 years, the economic reality for American white males is that we have taken a HUGE **DECREASE** in wages and benefits. In 2005-2007, the "Mancession" as it was called hit white males almost exclusively. Then in the following White Male Recovery, half of us got rehired but at noticeably lower wages and benefits. And most of the ones that remain employed are pretty much stuck in the jobs we got with no way to find alternative work, making us pretty much powerless to improve our employment situation. Furthermore, upper management continues to talk of doing more with less... if some of the workforce works harder, the rest can be let go. Oh yeah, and in the meantime we need you to work shifts that are 8pm -> 5am so you can train replacements in India and China so we can outsource your job...

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Finith View Post
    This is a good point, and should be a launching pad in our political sphere for an intelligent an honest discussion about what do with the aftershocks of rapid globalization. The solution of course, is not to retract into the cocoon and pretend the rest of the rest doesn't exist, because this simply isn't possible, that cat is thoroughly out of the bag now.

The problem is that an enormous proportion of people can see the first part of the issue, but then proceed to profoundly misunderstand the subsequent parts that make up this matrix of intended and unintended consequences resulting from globalization. The poster gets it exactly right, it is just so much easier to harken back to age-old arguments rooted in an obsession with alterity and 'the other' than it is to be honest about the problem and its causes. Capitalism isn't perfect, it's machinations are not perfect, and it's global extension in the last half-century more assuredly has not been all smooth sailing. But talking honestly about the issues of a global marketplace run amok is a hard (and unpopular) thing to do, especially in America, the poster child of Capitalism for the last century. Just imagine if either one of them stood up on the podium and said "we have got to reckon with the reality that the spread of globalization and most especially emerging free-markets untethered by serious attempts at regulation have resulted in a global environment where multinational corporations - whose sole fiduciary obligation is to their shareholders - are always going to make whatever choice results in the highest earnings for this quarter, and often, that will mean choosing workers they are free to pay almost nothing to make their products." They would get crucified in the news as anti-capitalist fire-breathing marxists, especially in America.

Remember when Obama said "you didn't build that"? Even though in very next sentence he placed that initial sentiment in a clear context, it didn't matter, the news ate that shit up for weeks.

Also, globalization has hurt all Americans who fit into that precarious category, not just white Americans. The aftermath of the financial crisis in 2009 just brought into stark relief that white Americans in certain socio-economic categories were not immune from the effects of a global marketplace, and especially one so feverishly invested in complex financial markets, as they had previously believed they were.

An honest conversation about globalization and what to do now would be welcomed by most people, regardless of their politics, but it would require an honest and difficult discussion about capitalism, which causes most people to flee to their respective ideological camps, those who believe capitalism is a cancer, and those who believe the cancer is the 'other'.
    IMHO an honest dialog on globalization simply will not happen until long after we've passed the point of no return on the matter for those population. Because the benefits of globalization go particularly to the power classes, mainly those in the media, politics and in the coastal cities in the new "Knowledge Industries," these people simply will never admit to a bad side to it.

The problem with that discussion isn't even that conservatives will cringe, but that liberals will to since in America and in Europe the left also loves its brand of capitalism too. Call it the Davos set, or whatever, the people running the big tech companies will not see the problems of globalization because it simply is not their problem and they have long since written off the victims of it as just "dumb people who need to get smart and get better skills." Or In the case of Trump voters, or with Brexit, they will just write them off as evil racists and ignore any damages done.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    IMHO an honest dialog on globalization simply will not happen until long after we've passed the point of no return on the matter for those population. Because the benefits of globalization go particularly to the power classes, mainly those in the media, politics and in the coastal cities in the new "Knowledge Industries," these people simply will never admit to a bad side to it.

The problem with that discussion isn't even that conservatives will cringe, but that liberals will to since in America and in Europe the left also loves its brand of capitalism too. Call it the Davos set, or whatever, the people running the big tech companies will not see the problems of globalization because it simply is not their problem and they have long since written off the victims of it as just "dumb people who need to get smart and get better skills." Or In the case of Trump voters, or with Brexit, they will just write them off as evil racists and ignore any damages done.
    Here's the ultimate irony of this situation... years ago the poor were the first to feel the effects of the recession, we had occupy wall street. It was the blue collar conservatives who hadn't been released from their jobs yet who kept saying "Pull yourself up by your bootstraps" "Get more skills" "Get an education". It was the fault of the poor people for being poor. They were lazy and worthless in the eyes of these middle classers, and the reason they were there was all their fault.

Then the recession hits the middle class blue collar conservatives... and it's the fault of everyone BUT them... and their rich elite overlords. We can't blame the wealthy, nor can we blame the blue collar conservative who just lost their job. It's all the fault of Mexicans/Chinese/liberals. But of course the reason the poor are poor is by their own devices. I've been saying this for years now.