Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    I can see the fallout from this being revisited either later in Legion or in the next expansion. I think I'm probably the only one who see this as BRILLIANT storytelling for the DK Lore moving forward.

If the fallout is picked up later in the expansion, it would have to continue from the Paladin side and could go something like this:

- Liadrin tells the PC about the Ebon Blade's attack and what they were after. Even though the Paladins suffered heavy casualties, The Light prevented the Ebon Blade from achieving their original objective. Acherus hovers above the Echo Isles now but the token forces left in Icecrown reported seeing the necropolis moored to Icecrown Citadel not too long ago. While the Ashen Verdict agreed to keep the existence of the new Lich King a closely guarded secret, the possability of the Lich King and the Ebon Blade working together is worth confirming no matter the risk.

- Deciding to investigate, the PC leads Paladins into Icecrown Citadel. Upon entering, the Lich King warns against intruding any further and rouses the Scourge to drive the Silver Hand away. When you reach the portal before The Frozen Throne, you find The Four Horsemen standing before the Lich King. You came to see Bolvar at a bad time, it seems: Bolvar rises from the Frozen Throne for the first time since becoming the Lich King. The shockwave stuns all the Paladins and the Darion decides to go into a monologue.

- Darion explains he knows what they did was unforgivable. This was why they waited until Chapel's defenses were at their lightest before they attacked. He then tells you he was the one who led the attack, which is partly true. Even though things didn't go as planned, in the end they still got what they wanted: A Fourth Horseman, Darion Mograine himself. He knew the Silver Hand would come looking for him so he decided to patiently wait for their arrival at the Frozen Throne.

- Bolvar tells you he was the one who suggested the Ebon Blade seek out Tirion. Liadrin is horrified but Bolvar counters, saying unlike them, the Ebon Blade and follows no code of ethics. Their goals may be similar but the methods are clearly different. He then reccommends You and your allies pick two of the Horsemen to battle, saying fighting all four at once would be a slaughter. You can thene chose to pick two or fight all four of them. There is an achievement if fight them all and still win.

- After besting the Four Horsemen, Bolvar tells you the one lesson he learned as a Paladin is "Light cannot exist without Darkness". The Ebon Blade and the Silver Hand know each other well and while they are certainly fated to one day clash, today is not that day. He then bids you leave before he changes his mind about letting you go under your own power.

...The next phase of the storyline would then continue from the DK side. You return to Acherus where Darion tells you about his encounter with the new Ashbringer atop the Frozen Throne. It probably won't ve anytime soon but they will one day do battle with the Silver Hand.

It's all on how it's handled from here on.
    ...Ok, time to change the ol' Sig ^_^

This time I'll leave you the Links to 3 of my Wordpress Blogs: 1. Serene Adventure 2. Video Games 3. Anime Please subscribe if you like what you see. As a Bonus, I'll throw in my You Tube channel =D

Deleted
    Eh, I think rather than Paladins vs DKs they'll end up working together after it turns out Bolvar was just manipulating the Ebon Blade. I foresee the Ebon Blade and Silver Hand coming up with a gambit of their own, pitting Bolvar and the Dreadlords against eachother and taking them both out.

Quote Originally Posted by Aurabolt View Post
    I can see the fallout from this being revisited either later in Legion or in the next expansion. I think I'm probably the only one who see this as BRILLIANT storytelling for the DK Lore moving forward.

If the fallout is picked up later in the expansion, it would have to continue from the Paladin side and could go something like this:

- Liadrin tells the PC about the Ebon Blade's attack and what they were after. Even though the Paladins suffered heavy casualties, The Light prevented the Ebon Blade from achieving their original objective. Acherus hovers above the Echo Isles now but the token forces left in Icecrown reported seeing the necropolis moored to Icecrown Citadel not too long ago. While the Ashen Verdict agreed to keep the existence of the new Lich King a closely guarded secret, the possability of the Lich King and the Ebon Blade working together is worth confirming no matter the risk.

- Deciding to investigate, the PC leads Paladins into Icecrown Citadel. Upon entering, the Lich King warns against intruding any further and rouses the Scourge to drive the Silver Hand away. When you reach the portal before The Frozen Throne, you find The Four Horsemen standing before the Lich King. You came to see Bolvar at a bad time, it seems: Bolvar rises from the Frozen Throne for the first time since becoming the Lich King. The shockwave stuns all the Paladins and the Darion decides to go into a monologue.

- Darion explains he knows what they did was unforgivable. This was why they waited until Chapel's defenses were at their lightest before they attacked. He then tells you he was the one who led the attack, which is partly true. Even though things didn't go as planned, in the end they still got what they wanted: A Fourth Horseman, Darion Mograine himself. He knew the Silver Hand would come looking for him so he decided to patiently wait for their arrival at the Frozen Throne.

- Bolvar tells you he was the one who suggested the Ebon Blade seek out Tirion. Liadrin is horrified but Bolvar counters, saying unlike them, the Ebon Blade and follows no code of ethics. Their goals may be similar but the methods are clearly different. He then reccommends You and your allies pick two of the Horsemen to battle, saying fighting all four at once would be a slaughter. You can thene chose to pick two or fight all four of them. There is an achievement if fight them all and still win.

- After besting the Four Horsemen, Bolvar tells you the one lesson he learned as a Paladin is "Light cannot exist without Darkness". The Ebon Blade and the Silver Hand know each other well and while they are certainly fated to one day clash, today is not that day. He then bids you leave before he changes his mind about letting you go under your own power.

...The next phase of the storyline would then continue from the DK side. You return to Acherus where Darion tells you about his encounter with the new Ashbringer atop the Frozen Throne. It probably won't ve anytime soon but they will one day do battle with the Silver Hand.

It's all on how it's handled from here on.

What? No Breaking Benjamin playing during the fight? Although it seems interesting, I don't think Blizzard will give that whole paladin vs death knight vibes all over again, we had plenty of that in WotLK

Best part of the campaign for the class halls is that it takes me back right to the good old SWTOR class lore from the release.
    Last edited by Sesethi; 2016-08-03 at 01:31 PM.