Comparing two 1060s.

I'm looking at two different 1060 cards on new egg and am not really finding a huge difference.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16814127965
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16814127963

One is 20 dollars more and is currently sold out while the cheaper one is still in stock. Really thinking about buying the cheaper one as an upgrade to my 750Ti. I know that either one would be a massive upgrade, but I'm not sure what the real difference between the two is. Any advice would be appreciated.

Originally I was going to buy a 199 dollar RX 480, but they have been out of stock for a while.
    Last edited by Eldar45; 2016-07-27 at 10:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by swisscheese View Post
    Having been in the military, anytime I see something labeled like "military grade / military class" components......I steer clear of them.

That and....what the hell is class 4?
    MSI marketing schemes I'd say in reference to their component's " reliability "

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MIL-STD-810
    Last edited by Bryntrollian; 2016-07-27 at 11:00 PM.

Different cooler, different base and boost clocks, and (maybe) more power (didnt look) - might be two six pins for better OC, dunno.

The performance difference isnt going to be gigantic.

The red one is just made better, better fans better heatsink and more heatpipes. That said, the 1060 can be cooled almost passively since its such a low power draw. If you are cool with the aesthetics of the cheaper one go for it they are selling like hotcakes, and this is one of the better ones at 249.00 msrp.

Deleted
    The more expensive one is higher clocked and has 8pin instead of 6pin like the other. That means more power delivery and probably higher overclocking potential. Has more display ports and pcb looks different, one might be reference the other custom. Also seems, since its bigger, fans can be a little bigger thus more quiet.

As everyone has already mentioned its the quality of the card in general.

The more expensive of the same company usually has some sort of "extra", usually being just that 2% extra overclock or sometimes up to 10%, like EVGA likes to do with their OC/SC/SSC cards.

In General when comparing the same GPU, in this case the 1060 on the same company but its a different looking card it basically means:

"This one is our top of the line, best capacitors, 8pin, better chip choices overall! Only for 20$ extra! and if you want you can OC it another 10% since we are providing you with better materials!"

"This is the same card, overclocked 3% less but with a 6pin so you cant really do much more, we are limiting you! Also, get a different colored fan in case you are one of those that want to build specific colored PC's!"

Gaming X has LED lighting and factory OC functionality. Armor is just a standard solution.