Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by zorkuus View Post
    What, you think kids can't pronounce deinonychus?
    What sounds cooler in Hollywood terms "You bred raptors?!" Or "You bred Deinonychus?!"
    Quote Originally Posted by Lansworthy
    Deathwing will come and go RAWR RAWR IM A DWAGON
    Quote Originally Posted by DirtyCasual View Post
    There's no point in saying this, even if you slap them upside down and inside out with the truth, the tin foil hat brigade will continue to believe the opposite.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Youn View Post
    They surmised T-Rex was a scavenger because it's bite was toxic in the same fashion the same fashion that a komodo dragon's is toxic. It basically causes items it bites flesh to go rotten. The T-Rex is then believe to simply wait for things it bit to die and then eat them. This is found by examining the skull.
    You have a source for that?

The majority of scientists believe that Tyrannosaurs was an opportunistic active predator.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Dinosaurs did exist and still do exist. Birds are dinosaurs.
    Birds are birds not dinosaurs. Though many evolved from dinosaurs. Big difference.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lansworthy
    Deathwing will come and go RAWR RAWR IM A DWAGON
    Quote Originally Posted by DirtyCasual View Post
    There's no point in saying this, even if you slap them upside down and inside out with the truth, the tin foil hat brigade will continue to believe the opposite.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Havik View Post
    Humans and dinosaurs evolved millions of years apart from one another; And by the time humans came around, all of the reptilian mega-fauna we know as dinosaurs were long-dead. So it is highly unlikely any ancient civilizations saw them either.
    "Highly unlikely?" About as "highly unlikely" as Transformers living on the moon. As in, not possible.

There's no fossil evidence to support non-avian dinosaurs existing at any time period within ~60 million years of anything approaching human, let alone human civilization.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Cerus View Post

Birds are birds not dinosaurs. Though many evolved from dinosaurs. Big difference.
    No. You don't stop "being" something because you evolved from it. And ALL birds evolved from dinosaurs. Not "many." There isn't a single bird species that doesn't have its ancestral root in theropod dinosaurs.

Are lions not cats? They evolved from cats. They might be big and mean looking, but they're still cats. Humans are still apes. Wasps are still insects.

What is a dinosaur? An archosaur with an s-curved neck, an in-turned femoral head, and two post-tempral fenestra.

What are birds? Archosaurs with s-curved necks, in-turned femoral heads, and two post-temporal fenestra.

In what way are birds NOT dinosaurs?
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

The dinosaurs all went extinct because they couldn't fit on Noah's ark.

Quote Originally Posted by Youn View Post
    They surmised T-Rex was a scavenger because it's bite was toxic in the same fashion the same fashion that a komodo dragon's is toxic. It basically causes items it bites flesh to go rotten. The T-Rex is then believe to simply wait for things it bit to die and then eat them. This is found by examining the skull.
    Komodo Dragons dont use the toxic bite to hunt most time, they are insane fast and ambush there prey. The toxic bite is just the backup plan.

Ever had a discussion with someone who believes dinosaurs are not real? How about disputing caveman? I worked with one of these people who believed earth was 5,000 years old and any evidence to the contrary was fabricated to discredit the bible. I worked next to this person for 2 years. It was simultaneously the best and worst 2yrs of my career.

Also I have 4 tiny dinosaurs in a run in my back yard. Ever seen a flock of chickens chase down and kill a mouse? They are spot on with raptors from Jurassic Park.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    "Highly unlikely?" About as "highly unlikely" as Transformers living on the moon. As in, not possible.

There's no fossil evidence to support non-avian dinosaurs existing at any time period within ~60 million years of anything approaching human, let alone human civilization.
    Pretty much. But remember, in science there is no absolute 'yes' or 'no', just 'yes, with 99.9999999999999~% certainty' and 'no, with 99.99999999~% certainty'.

That's why we peer-review and repeatedly test our established theorems.

The only folks who deal with absolutes are those in some sort of faith-based mindset where 100%s can exist. Which is why I respond to even horribly inaccurate assumptions with "highly unlikely".
    ~RAWR!

Quote Originally Posted by zorkuus View Post
    What, you think kids can't pronounce deinonychus?
    9 out of 10 people agree that in a room full of 10 people one person will always disagree with the other 9.

Did they exist? Yes. An accurate time frame or the or how they exist is a different story.

- - - Updated - - -

Pretty much. But remember, in science there is no absolute 'yes' or 'no', just 'yes, with 99.9999999999999~% certainty' and 'no, with 99.99999999~% certainty'.

That's why we peer-review and repeatedly test our established theorems.

The only folks who deal with absolutes are those in some sort of faith-based mindset where 100%s can exist. Which is why I respond to even horribly inaccurate assumptions with "highly unlikely".
    Superseded scientific theories. That is all.
    Last edited by Zyster; 2016-07-28 at 01:40 AM.

They were real. It is a scientific fact backed up by more than a century of research and extensive fossil evidence.

What one thinks of this, or what one's religious beliefs are surrounding it, is irrelevant as facts do not require faith in order to be empirically provable.

Humans and dinosaurs evolved millions of years apart from one another; And by the time humans came around, all of the reptilian mega-fauna we know as dinosaurs were long-dead. So it is highly unlikely any ancient civilizations saw them either.
    Your assuming what you were taught and read is 100% correct. There are plenty of holes in scientific theory and how the formulas work and the things you have to assume especially when dating things.

10+ Year Old Account
    If not, then all those bones were placed all around the Earth by the God to confuse us and to separate believers from heretics? Cunning, indeed!
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.
    Thanks for the avatar goes to Carbot Animations and Sy.

Quote Originally Posted by Cerus View Post

No, birds are dinosaurs. Avian-dinosaurs more specifically, birds are Ornithurae, which are in the clade Dinosauria. So yes, all birds, modern or extinct are dinosaurs.

Quote Originally Posted by Zyster View Post
    Super seeded scientific theories. That is all.
    Did you mean 'superseded'?
    ~RAWR!

Quote Originally Posted by May90 View Post
    If not, then all those bones were placed all around the Earth by the God to confuse us and to separate believers from heretics? Cunning, indeed!
    Not true. Dinosaurs could of roamed the earth to naturally maintain it till man. Also, considering the big bang. Fossils could of technically been carried over from other objects in space. Not saying I believe this, I'm just giving examples on how they could still exist and that many religious people do in fact believe they did exist.

- - - Updated - - -

Did you mean 'superseded'?
    Yep, Thank you.

God put dinosaurs on this planet to test our faith. The earth is only 4000 years old and Noah didn't put dinosaurs on the Ark.

Quote Originally Posted by Shootmeagain View Post
    God put dinosaurs on this planet to test our faith. The earth is only 4000 years old and Noah didn't put dinosaurs on the Ark.
    I've always considered tests of faith to be the sign of an utter asshole.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    There are no 2 species that are 100% identical.
    Quote Originally Posted by Redditor
    can you leftist twits just fucking admit that quantum mechanics has fuck all to do with thermodynamics, that shit is just a pose?

10+ Year Old Account
    un`goro crater is full of em so yes they exist

7+ Year Old Account
    This has got to be the most trollish troll thread........even hard core christians-like me-beleive in Dinos........seriously, theyre in the Bible even.
    Protect the weak. Punish the wicked.
    If you have something bad to say about Blizz, come at me bro.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lightwysh View Post
    Ever had a discussion with someone who believes dinosaurs are not real? How about disputing caveman? I worked with one of these people who believed earth was 5,000 years old and any evidence to the contrary was fabricated to discredit the bible. I worked next to this person for 2 years. It was simultaneously the best and worst 2yrs of my career.

Also I have 4 tiny dinosaurs in a run in my back yard. Ever seen a flock of chickens chase down and kill a mouse? They are spot on with raptors from Jurassic Park.
    This whole post made me smile. Now need to find a coop and a mouse.

I find the whole dinosaur and religion thing to be quite amusing. I really enjoy the Flintstone perspective. Who wouldn't want to live with a bunch of helpful and friendly dinos? Oh, and those ribs!
    I like sandwiches