Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Nearly 800 million stolen from the Swedish home

DOMESTIC. Burglars steal greater value in Swedish homes. Last year, the thieves managed to get to the things of nearly 800 million, according to one estimate.

Possessions of hundreds of million is lost every year at burglary in Swedish homes. According to a new estimate from the insurance company If burglars stole personal property to a value of SEK 773 million in 2015. The figure for the whole insurance market and not just IFS customers.

- The possessions of well over half a billion end up in criminal hands are obviously provocative, but it really is the worst is the insecurity of those who had the thieves inside his home, says Caroline Uliana, CIO at If in a press release.

Burglaries are not only more, but also more expensive. In 2010, it cost an average burglary of an If customer, both the stolen items and damage to the property itself, more than 22,000 kronor. In 2015 this figure had risen to over 26,300 kronor - an increase of 19 percent in five years. Inflation accounts for only about three percent of the increase in value.

- We do not know exactly why it looks so, but one reason may be that we acquire more and more expensive gadgets. Do you have multiple smartphones, more than a tablet and a newer TV at home increases obviously values ​​the thief's loot, says Caroline Uliana.

Most common stolen goods at home burglaries are jewelry, watches and cash.

- Thieves prefer to have things that are easy to both carry and sell. You have to get with it as much value as possible in a simple way, says Caroline Uliana.

Most cost burglaries in and around big cities. An average burglary of an If customer's apartment in Stockholm, Västra Götaland and Skåne costs 19 115 SEK, which is 81 percent more expensive than the equivalent in the rest of the country. Villa Burglaries in the metropolitan counties landing at 40,534 crowns, making 11 percent more expensive than outside the big cities.

In 2015, reported nearly 22,800 burglaries in Sweden, according to the National Crime Prevention Council. Only four percent of these were cleared up.

Hahaha, 4%, what a joke the swedish police force are.

Deleted
    Most common stolen goods at home burglaries are jewelry, watches and cash.
    Swiss... join EU already

I suppose it would be stupid and SJW to ask dumb questions like ''in big virile tough countries when everyone have a gun and brags about being able to shoot ''criminals'', how much is lost by burglaries per year'' ?

I also suppose it would be ''libural beta'' to point out that this amount is in Swedish kroners, as your own badly copied article says ...800 millions kroners are around 100 millions USD....
    Last edited by sarahtasher; 2016-07-30 at 10:39 AM.

Herald of the Titans OnlineSamantha's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hiram View Post
    Swiss... join EU already
    What? The topic is about Sweden, not Switzerland.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trumpresident View Post
    My words exactly. Manufacturing in the US is considerably more expensive than elsewhere, and part of that are savage regulations such as environment protection or minimum wages.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thunderaan View Post
    Saying that Wilson is a racist murderer is the same level of conspiracy as saying Sandy Hook didn't happen and the parents are in on it.
    I don't post that often, and when I do it's often in bursts. I always lurk though.

Deleted
    Same problem here. 2-4% solve rate and unless you catch em in the act you cant prove shit.
    And if it comes to court, theyll get off with 200h of community service.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vomlix View Post
    What? The topic is about Sweden, not Switzerland.
    You are harder than any nutshell I have met yet.

10+ Year Old Account
    800 million Swedish Krona, which is about £12.74.

Well what do you expect in countries where people who rob homes are basically treated like guests and handled with kid gloves in regards to protections of their safety and how homeowners are permitted to handle someone violating their sanctuary.

And for the record, in the good USA, with their police and trigger easy citizens, have apparently 4.6 billions losses in burglaries each year.

So...100 000 000 (USD) for 9 500 000 Swedes per year = a little below 10 $ per Swede per year.
    4 600 000 000 (USD) for 320 000 000 Americans per year = a little over 14$ per American per year...

Sweden reminds me of like upper Minnesota were there was never any crime. People never locked their doors.

Things changed, there's now crime and nobody knows how to deal with it.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

Quote Originally Posted by TITAN308 View Post
    Well what do you expect in countries where people who rob homes are basically treated like guests and handled with kid gloves in regards to protections of their safety and how homeowners are permitted to handle someone violating their sanctuary.
    Actually, as I tried to say...burglaries cause more propopety losses per American per year....

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sarahtasher View Post
    And for the record, in the good USA, with their police and trigger easy citizens, have apparently 4.6 billions losses in burglaries each year.

So...100 000 000 (USD) for 9 500 000 Swedes per year = a little below 10 $ per Swede per year.
    4 600 000 000 (USD) for 320 000 000 Americans per year = a little over 14$ per American per year...
    Tsk tsk tsk.

You misunderstand, I am not pointing out that US is better (or even attempting), I know we have lots of robbery and losses, more so than the country in question.

I'm just making a generic comment on "No shit Sherlock"

Also, a $5 spread isn't too impressive to be honest consider the population differences. lol I would have expected something far worse than that.
    Last edited by TITAN308; 2016-07-30 at 10:55 AM.

Deleted
    You misunderstand, I am not pointing out that US is better (or even attempting), I know we have lots of robbery and losses, more so than the country in question.
    Then your original comment does not make sense.

Poster seems to be from Denmark. I would direct the defensive whining in that direction to make a point. We here in the USA really don't give a fuck what you think.. outside of the comedic value we get from it. Which I thank you for btw.

Quote Originally Posted by Djalil View Post
    Then your original comment does not make sense.
    Sorry, I made an edit to my last reply.

I was simply commenting "Duh"

Quote Originally Posted by Yggdrasil View Post
    Poster seems to be from Denmark. I would direct the defensive whining in that direction to make a point. We here in the USA really don't give a fuck what you think.. outside of the comedic value we get from it. Which I thank you for btw.
    It's ''defensive whining'' to point out that 800 000 000 kroners actually means ''less than 100 000 000 USD'' and that this burglary rate is actually quite low ?

Deleted

I'm just making a generic comment on "No shit Sherlock"

Also, a $5 spread isn't too impressive to be honest consider the population differences. lol I would have expected something far worse than that.
    How is it obvious, if a place where you can shoot intrudes on sight, have more of said incidents...

There is incidentally a very obvious and unsubtle attempt to depict Europe (and Canada...at times) as ''crime ridden hellholes, because of a reason no one, I tell you no one, can guess.

Which is a tad pathetic ,because those countries are noticably safer than the USA. A country that, despite a certain rhetoric, is also much safer than it was in the nineties.

(Another example, France had in 2015 720 millions Euro worth of ''cambriolages'', for a 66 million population.

So 804 millions USD for 66 million.... = a little over 12...

versus 4.6 billion USD for 320 millions = a little over 14...

Deleted
    There is incidentally a very obvious and unsubtle attempt to depict Europe (and Canada...at times) as ''crime ridden hellholes, because of a reason no one, I tell you no one, can guess.

Which is a tad pathetic ,because those countries are noticably safer than the USA. A country that, despite a certain rhetoric, is also much safer than it was in the nineties.

(Another example, France had in 2015 720 millions Euro worth of ''cambriolages'', for a 66 million population.

So 804 millions USD for 66 million.... = a little over 12...

versus 4.6 billion USD for 320 millions = a little over 14...
    Yeah but what would the French know.