Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    Bloodsail Admiral Smallfruitbat's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Rather clumsily worded on my part to be honest. They stated (and I can't remember sources) that both stories were in development at the same time, basically they flipped a coin and WoD got to go first. Given his showing up out of the blue at the start of WoD most people who didn't read the books had no idea who he was other than the old man in Shattrath with the Aldor/Scryer starting quest. -Again, they seem to be fleshing out his story in Legion, which would have made more sense to give him a better introduction for WoD. I'm speculating that if they had been launched the other way round, he would have been offed at the end of WoD -hence the statue. -Which makes me think that he won't make it past the end of the expac. Blizzard seems to have problems with characters hitting god level power and for better or worse, he seems to be headed in that direction and then they don't know what to do with them.

Quote Originally Posted by Smallfruitbat View Post
    Rather clumsily worded on my part to be honest. They stated (and I can't remember sources) that both stories were in development at the same time, basically they flipped a coin and WoD got to go first. Given his showing up out of the blue at the start of WoD most people who didn't read the books had no idea who he was other than the old man in Shattrath with the Aldor/Scryer starting quest. -Again, they seem to be fleshing out his story in Legion, which would have made more sense to give him a better introduction for WoD. I'm speculating that if they had been launched the other way round, he would have been offed at the end of WoD -hence the statue. -Which makes me think that he won't make it past the end of the expac. Blizzard seems to have problems with characters hitting god level power and for better or worse, he seems to be headed in that direction and then they don't know what to do with them.
    MMMhh.
    Nonsense.
    They couldn't release Legion BEFORE Warlords because you know... story.

Bloodsail Admiral Smallfruitbat's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Report on the video interview, where they were talking about deciding the order of the two expacs. Anyway, it's just speculation on my part for now.
    http://www.gamereactor.eu/news/33952...ing+for+years/

I mean, hell, there a lot of development things in MoP that hinted at Legion being the next.

For example: An obvious Alpha Dreadscar Rift, the Green Fire quest outright stating that Illidan is still "alive", 5.2 having an updated Karazhan map file, the entire Wrathion plot points being completely ignored just to be actually brought in the expansions afterwards.

MoP clearly built up to Legion.

Quote Originally Posted by Qualia View Post
    ??? Where did you get this from? Pretty sure I haven't seen any mention that Medivh's power came from light and nature. He used a bunch of arcane magic in "The Last Guardian".

Also, in lore, mages (spell casters actually) don't limit their power to a certain class. Nature magic, for example, is taught normally to mages - one doesn't even need to be special to learn it.
    med'an! med'an! my mystake there!

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Humbugged View Post
    Not as great as Gul'dans, but I suppose the bar started pretty high. Excited for Illidan's though, hope it covers what he's been up to following his defeat in Outland. If the DH start zone begins before the events of BC, where's he been for 10 years?
    read Illidan Novel

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by For_The_Horde View Post
    Med'an was hardly powered up to full "Guardian" power, he could barely take on Cho'gall, while a fully powered Aegywnn took down the avatar of Sargeras (although Med'an was young and had little magic training, could account for something). As for the staff, he probably turned it in when he stepped down from Guardian and gave the power back, he likely lacked the skill to use it anyways, so who better to give it to than his father's old apprentice. What I'm more curious about is why the staff has the power to transform its wielder into a raven. Usually such manipulation of one's own form is restricted to wild/nature magic (druids and shamans mostly). Why would this staff break all the rules? Where did it even come from? We know its been around for thousands of years and has been wielded by most if not all the Guardians, it makes me wonder if there's more to being a "Guardian" than simply fighting stray demons.
    the Avatar was meant to be taken down
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    I just love the idea of "I want to murder people in moderation".
    Quote Originally Posted by Zulkhan View Post
    the only "positive" in your case is that, unlike Blizzard's writers, you aren't paid for that.

Quote Originally Posted by steelballfc View Post
    the Avatar was meant to be taken down
    No, it was not. Not any longer, to be exact. It tried to kill her and failed to do it.
    Je veux le sang, sang, sang, et sang
    Donnons le sang de guillotine
    Pour guerir la secheresse de la guillotine
    Je veux le sang, sang, sang, et sang.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Qualia View Post
    No, it was not. Not any longer, to be exact. It tried to kill her and failed to do it.
    the Avatar needed to be Dead to be consumed
    other wise there was no way for Sargeras to control Medivh
    and for sure the Avatar tried to "fight" Agywen
    she need to be convinced that this was THE Sargeras
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    I just love the idea of "I want to murder people in moderation".
    Quote Originally Posted by Zulkhan View Post
    the only "positive" in your case is that, unlike Blizzard's writers, you aren't paid for that.

Quote Originally Posted by steelballfc View Post
    the Avatar needed to be Dead to be consumed
    other wise there was no way for Sargeras to control Medivh
    and for sure the Avatar tried to "fight" Agywen
    she need to be convinced that this was THE Sargeras
    Read Chronicle. Transferring Sargeras' spirit into Aegwynn's body is no longer the original plan, and just what he did after he was defeated. He fully intended to destroy her, just didn't manage to do so. The battle also lasted way longer than a single massive spell from Aegwynn (pre-Chronicle version).
    Quote Originally Posted by Chronicle
    A monstrous demonic form emerged upon the battlefield: Sargeras, the ruler of the Burning Legion. This was only an avatar of the demon lord, a tiny portion of Sargeras' vast cosmic power. Yet he nonetheless radiated great strength and fury. He unleashed his terrible might on Aegwynn, intending to destroy the Guardian who had thwarted his agents for so long.

She also *might* have been aware that it was just an avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Chronicle
    It was these lost ruins that drew Aegwynn's attention. Knowing the Highborn's seals would nullify whatever evil still lingered in Sargeras' avatar, she buried the demon lord's broken body within the sunken portion of Suramar. Aegwynn hoped Sargeras' remains would lie undisturbed there until the end of time.
    Last edited by Qualia; 2016-07-30 at 08:25 AM.
    Je veux le sang, sang, sang, et sang
    Donnons le sang de guillotine
    Pour guerir la secheresse de la guillotine
    Je veux le sang, sang, sang, et sang.