Best way to move to another server

Hi,

so my friends indeed got me convinced to come back to wow for Legion, but we want to play on a different not-dead server (and change the faction).
    We don't actually want to transfer chars, since we already have leveled there. But we noticed that it would be great to move some of our gold there. We are 8 players, and now we are looking for the best way to transfer some gold. We came up with some ideas, but not everything is clear there. Does anyone have another idea or can fill in the blanks?

1) Buy pets on one server and sell on the other. That's not feasible, one server is almost dead and the prices there are much higher than on the destination server.
    2) Buy tokens on one server for yourself, and sell tokens from the shop. On EU realms that means ~80000G would cost about 7 euros compared to a 6 month subscription. Quite expensive.
    3) Transfer a single character: The gold limit is way too low. On the official page the limit is listed with 250kG for a 100+ char - but some say that's not accurate anymore. Does anyone know the current limit?
    4) Transfer a guild: we would all pay our money into the guild bank, then transfer the guild, get it out again and split the cost. This seams the most reasonable idea, but there are several questions open. What is the gold cap for a guild transfer? Some sources say its 1M, some say with legion it is 10M, and some say it's unlimited. The FAQ on official page says nothing about it. And the most important question: How much does a guild transfer cost (just the guild, not the characters?). I cannot find prices on the EU page, it directs me to the account manager and there I am not eligible to start a guild transfer because I don't have an authenticator, and thus doesn't show me any price.

Anyone that can fill in the gaps? Or has another idea?

I also rerolled on new serwer and I had enough gold to buy everything like bags and flying licenses just from leveling. Did not played ah, did not buy tokens etc. Gold is really easy to get just from playing the game and you should not need any preparations like you mentioned to be able play comfortable.

How much are you talking about? If you're talking about tens of millions you need to get some kind of moneychanger group that holds gold around servers. There are some that are somewhat legit and will just take 10-20% of your gold. Ask folks who sell heroic carries.

You could also try TCG mounts.

Submit a ticket to get the right gold limits for Legion.

10+ Year Old Account
    Transfering a guild can ba a pita. If the guild lead has changed it takes 30 days to become eligible for transfer. I'm not sure how that would affect a freshly made guild, might not affect them at all.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by jtth View Post
    How much are you talking about? If you're talking about tens of millions you need to get some kind of moneychanger group that holds gold around servers. There are some that are somewhat legit and will just take 10-20% of your gold. Ask folks who sell heroic carries.

What groups you are talking about? I also have a lot of gold and need to move server... ty!

Quote Originally Posted by Puri View Post
    3) Transfer a single character: The gold limit is way too low. On the official page the limit is listed with 250kG for a 100+ char - but some say that's not accurate anymore. Does anyone know the current limit?
    Just tried to transfer a character with nearly 1 Million gold the other day - did NOT work.

Being just below 250k worked, so 250k still holds true.

I'd do the guild. You can take items in the bank as well if you'd like.

https://us.battle.net/support/en/article/100564

I'd call customer service if the web site doesn't answer the questions.

I'm still in the boat that Blizzard just needs to make this crap free and auto. Every other game seems to be able to do it on the fly.

Quote Originally Posted by jtth View Post

Well, most want to transfer 1-2M, so a 10M limit would be OK. I really don't get why such information is so well hidden on their page (or not there at all?) and you really have to talk to the support. But well, I submit a ticket then.

Quote Originally Posted by Puri View Post
    Hi,

so my friends indeed got me convinced to come back to wow for Legion, but we want to play on a different not-dead server (and change the faction).
    We don't actually want to transfer chars, since we already have leveled there. But we noticed that it would be great to move some of our gold there. We are 8 players, and now we are looking for the best way to transfer some gold. We came up with some ideas, but not everything is clear there. Does anyone have another idea or can fill in the blanks?

1) Buy pets on one server and sell on the other. That's not feasible, one server is almost dead and the prices there are much higher than on the destination server.
    2) Buy tokens on one server for yourself, and sell tokens from the shop. On EU realms that means ~80000G would cost about 7 euros compared to a 6 month subscription. Quite expensive.
    4) Transfer a guild: we would all pay our money into the guild bank, then transfer the guild, get it out again and split the cost. This seams the most reasonable idea, but there are several questions open. What is the gold cap for a guild transfer? Some sources say its 1M, some say with legion it is 10M, and some say it's unlimited. The FAQ on official page says nothing about it. And the most important question: How much does a guild transfer cost (just the guild, not the characters?). I cannot find prices on the EU page, it directs me to the account manager and there I am not eligible to start a guild transfer because I don't have an authenticator, and thus doesn't show me any price.

Anyone that can fill in the gaps? Or has another idea?
    As of 7.0, the gold cap is at 9,999,999g. In other words, just pay to transfer a single character.

Quote Originally Posted by Myrok View Post
    As of 7.0, the gold cap is at 9,999,999g. In other words, just pay to transfer a single character.
    The previous goldcap was 999,999g yet you only could take 250k with you, and as Kralljin wrote this is still the limit.

Deleted
    Transfer guild, Can have goldcap.