Page 1 of 7
... LastLast
    Deleted

We've now had Cata Azeroth longer than we had Vanilla Azeroth.

People who joined in WOTLK played through original Azeroth for 1 expansion, and cata Azeroth for 3 going on 4 expansions now.

Deleted
    Just a little longer and we will finally get Legacy Servers and can stop playing that shitty Game they call WoW these days.

Deleted
    so shitty that you are on the forums a lot? hmm

Legendary!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Thanks for the fun-fact?

The only part of OG Azeroth I really miss is Orgrimmar. The new one is just meh.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by EVGAFAVOR View Post
    Just a little longer and we will finally get Legacy Servers and can stop playing that shitty Game they call WoW these days.
    Noone is keeping you from stopping to play World of Warcraft but yourself.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by PossibleBit View Post
    Noone is keeping you from stopping to play World of Warcraft but yourself.
    Its free, Kid! Its nothing more than a fucking TimeWaster.

To play through a game with no surprises or new hype whatsoever. Woo hoo, must be fun. No new lore, no new raid bosses, no new bgs, no new abilities, no new pets or mounts. Oh and of course no class tuning. Bet you can't wait to always see the same classes topping PVE meters or always see the same dps or healers facerolling everyone in PvP for months on end for as long as the servers would stick around.

On Topic: It kinda seems surreal that the changed Azeroth is already that old now.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Pantalaimon View Post
    To play through a game with no surprises or new hype whatsoever. Woo hoo, must be fun. No new lore, no new raid bosses, no new bgs, no new abilities, no new pets or mounts. Oh and of course no class tuning. Bet you can't wait to always see the same classes topping PVE meters or always see the same dps or healers facerolling everyone in PvP for months on end for as long as the servers would stick around.
    It actually is. Like that's what surprised me about a certain defunct server, it was actually refreshing and fun despite all the blatant flaws. It was an adventure again, one that got me involved in the world and people for the to level, finish quests, and be able to raid over being handed it all.

Keyboard Turner
    7+ Year Old Account
    Its free, Kid! Its nothing more than a fucking TimeWaster.
    Why the fuck would you waste your time on something that you think is shitty? Are your days that empty
    -

I like how the world is right now, the only thing I like to see is tha they would clean up Deathwing's mess. Like the burned ground in Badlands.

Quote Originally Posted by Szekely View Post
    It actually is. Like that's what surprised me about a certain defunct server, it was actually refreshing and fun despite all the blatant flaws. It was an adventure again, one that got me involved in the world and people for the to level, finish quests, and be able to raid over being handed it all.
    I still fail to see the appeal. Hell a legacy server could only tout its trumpet from a raiding perspective by saying it is really cool to raid MC, BWL, AQ, or Naxx again. The problem with that though is that the raids NEVER change. Essentially that is like playing a WoW that is perpetually in a raiding content drought. The only difference is that instead of raiders being stuck with DS, SoO, or HFC for over a year you're instead stuck with Naxx 60 for multiple years. Why hate being stuck on one raid for any of those expansions if you go back just to experience the equivalent of that in Vanilla?

The same thing can be said of vanilla pvp. People hate to see the same classes be at the top for months in bgs & arenas (unless of course you are one of those OP classes). A legacy server just keeps the exact same classes at the top indefinitely. I fail to see how that is exciting gameplay. True legacy servers would not have regular class/spec tuning so in the end there would always be 'loser classes & specs'.

Quote Originally Posted by Deathbykickdrums View Post
    Why the fuck would you waste your time on something that you think is shitty? Are your days that empty
    The eternal question around here.
    http://thingsihaveneverdone.wordpress.com
    Just started my 24/7 LoFi stream. Come listen!
    https://youtu.be/3uv1pLbpQM8

And here's hoping they'll assign a small team of people to gradually update all the 1-60 zones once more with new textures, new creature models, perhaps new quests and fixing things that the Cataclysm broke! They shouldn't make it another "expansion feature" though.

HAHAHAHA! Yeah, nothing was shitty about 2004's version of the game.
    And you're free to not play it already. I don't know about everyone else, but when I truly loathe something, I'm able to walk away and never look back. Weak-minded much?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Szekely View Post
    And be met by mechanics from 2004... Classic raiding may have been punishing from a logistics and time perspective, but I'd say with those mechanics, you're being handed the kills unless you're the type of player that fails @ normal dungeon mechanics of today...

I much prefer the BOSSES providing the challenge over logistics and time needed just to prepare for stepping into the raid... besides, with everyone's knowledge of the game these days, classic server raiding and leveling isn't exactly the original experience no matter how much people try.

All the nostalgia dorks are full of it. Nobody can tell me that they actually even remember the old shit. The think they do, but they don't!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pantalaimon View Post
    I still fail to see the appeal. Hell a legacy server could only tout its trumpet from a raiding perspective by saying it is really cool to raid MC, BWL, AQ, or Naxx again. The problem with that though is that the raids NEVER change. Essentially that is like playing a WoW that is perpetually in a raiding content drought. The only difference is that instead of raiders being stuck with DS, SoO, or HFC for over a year you're instead stuck with Naxx 60 for multiple years. Why hate being stuck on one raid for any of those expansions if you go back just to experience the equivalent of that in Vanilla?

The same thing can be said of vanilla pvp. People hate to see the same classes be at the top for months in bgs & arenas (unless of course you are one of those OP classes). A legacy server just keeps the exact same classes at the top indefinitely. I fail to see how that is exciting gameplay. True legacy servers would not have regular class/spec tuning so in the end there would always be 'loser classes & specs'.
    Vanilla is a complete package. You have the good and the bad, but in the end, it's still better than the shit they put out.

7+ Year Old Account
    ok
    and i have to do what with the information exactly?

Formerly known as Arafal

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    I wish they'd add timewalking so we could go back and see the old quests. I have fond memories of the old Defias questline and I'd love to do it again on a live alt.

Deleted
    Another discussion turned into Legacy servers rant...

Quote Originally Posted by Bompton View Post
    People who joined in WOTLK played through original Azeroth for 1 expansion, and cata Azeroth for 3 going on 4 expansions now.
    Your premise is completely wrong and invalid. 'Vanila Azeroth' started on November 24, 2004, and 'ended' on December 7, 2010. That's little more than six years. Whereas, today (July 23, 2016), it's still less than six years. Five years and seven months, more exactly.

Not to mention that if we go by the content of your opening post, we end up with a completely misleading and 'sensationalist' title. Fix it.

Quote Originally Posted by Pull My Finger View Post
    All the nostalgia dorks are full of it. Nobody can tell me that they actually even remember the old shit. The think they do, but they don't!
    Many of them never actually played, and just get their opinions from certain has-beens on Twitch that still feel challenged by 2004 mechanics and shit they've done 100 times...
    Last edited by Queen of Hamsters; 2016-07-23 at 03:23 PM.