Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    I've met a lot. There's a Muslim Ghetto a few miles away so I frequently have to deal with those who go to nearby shops or college etc on a daily basis. Don't like any of them.

So no, I don't 'associate' with them as in making friends with them. But I do meet and converse with them a lot.
    Last edited by Aeula; 2016-07-29 at 09:19 AM. Reason: Elaboration, Grammar

Not from the Middle East per se, but we do business with the UAE and Egypt. Good people overall, but it feels like they are completely disorganised, from a business perspective (and this is coming from someone from Greece, where things can already get very messy). Good luck trying to deal with their bureaucracy or their somewhat 'relaxed' ideas about deadlines and payments.

On a personal level:
    1. People in the UAE are embarassingly rich and are not afraid to show it. They occasionally can get a little cocky.
    2. In Egypt, the middle-upper class is pretty much like the typical western folk, the lower classes are also good folk but they tend to focus more on religious aspects (some people even introduced themselves to me as 'Hello, I'm X and I'm a muslim', which was definitely weird for me at the time). They are also attrocious drivers, so yeah don't rent a car and try to drive in Egypt, you will crash.

As someone with middle eastern origins, I can't stand them. Arab culture is shit in many respects and I don't want to be exposed to it more than I have to.
    Shahaad , Kevkul
    <Magdalena's pet>

10+ Year Old Account
    Been to Qatar multiple times. No real friends or associates there anymore though. I was going to buy an apartment there but my "friendship" fell off with my only real associate there, so no longer have a reason to.

I don't, but not through choice. I work from home, and I am at University and there are no Muslims (that I know of) on my course. My neighbors are Muslim, we often give each other a nod, or a "Hello" but that's about it.

I don't believe for a moment that Muslims are inherently bad people or people to be fearful of. Every Muslim I have met and known personally has actually been a really cool person.

Friends with some Iranian doctors, couple Israelis mostly family and friends of an ex girlfriend and some business acquaintances, a few Turkish friends and some former business acquaintances.
    Quote Originally Posted by endersblade View Post
    Do I associate with people FROM the middle east? No, because they're all worthless fucking piles of shit.
    Imbecile.

10+ Year Old Account
    Certainly I would with Israeli's.

Deleted
    I don't know any foreigners/immigrants.

There are none in my village, I dont emply any and I simply don't go to places where they might be I guess.

I literally do not care where my friends are from as long as it has no major negative impact for me or my friends / family.

Im the only swede at my job atm, resturant, the others is a turkish kurd and syrian kurds. It's good and hard working people, the syrians have only been here for a year and ive helped them learning the language.

Quote Originally Posted by mayhem008 View Post
    So I'm curious if anyone here actually associates with any Muslims or anyone from the middle east. Either as friends or as business associates. There's a few of them in my electronics classes. A couple of them usually join up with me for labs and stuff. They're genuinely good people. Though one of them always wants me to give him all the answers. It's interesting to hear about where they come from and reminds me that they aren't all bad.

So do you guys associate with any people from the middle east?
    i usually on principle dont assosiate myself with individuals who may cut of my head or want to stone me to death or blow me up with explosives or drive a truck through crowd into me - dont see any purpose in doin so. especially now that one of victims of one of lates atacks in Nicea was a girl attneding my old uni and her younger sister.

and yes saying that out loud is totaly worth infraction - at least i could state it in her memory as im sure 20 year old woman who studied accounting and 15 year old schoolgirl were such a threat to muslim world and ISIS.
    Last edited by kamuimac; 2016-07-29 at 11:09 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrven View Post
    Many people wear these things because they feel like they should or their religion states that they should. Say Jew with a yamaka or Sikh wearing a turban or dastar, they do it because they are required to. Keep pushing your preconceptions and assumptions on why people do the things they do. Why know when you can just guess.
    Didn't know I suddenly lived in the middle east. I was assuming the question was being asked based on my location, which is what everyone else assumed too..

You aren't required you wear anything on your head in the west, if your parents demand it you move out. Simple as.

The only muslims I know are black dudes that are part of the Nation and this one hot cam girl that says she lives in spain.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.
    ==================================

Quote Originally Posted by Etrayu View Post
    Didn't know I suddenly lived in the middle east. I was assuming the question was being asked based on my location, which is what everyone else assumed too..

You aren't required you wear anything on your head in the west, if your parents demand it you move out. Simple as.
    Not even close to true, has nothing to do with parents either. Beyond showing your age or mental age that is. People happily wear symbols of faith in many other places then the middle east.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

I work with 3 muslims, they are all related. They are all very nice and very strict in terms of their religion. I talk with them quite often and have learned quite a bit about their culture. They are very family orientated. These 3 are all cousins, whose grandmother had 5 brothers. 4/5 brothers all live on the same private street and the last brother is having a house built there now. I talked with them about Ramadan. One of them is female and wears a mix of traditional garb and modern US clothing. She always wears the head wrap thing, forget what its called and always wears a dress of some sort, usually with pants underneath the dress. She watches Dramas quite often and talks about them to me a lot. TBH, they arent much different than how most Americans are. One thing that I learned yesterday that was very surprising is that in Pakistan its not uncommon for cousins to marry each other. Oh, and their weddings are pretty ridiculous, very expensive many times going into the hundred thousands in price.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrven View Post
    Not even close to true, has nothing to do with parents either. Beyond showing your age or mental age that is. People happily wear symbols of faith in many other places then the middle east.
    People wear a swastika or an upturned cross we call them lunatics, people wear a star of david or a cross and we call it 'faith'

I call them both deluded.

Quote Originally Posted by Etrayu View Post
    People wear a swastika or an upturned cross we call them lunatics, people wear a star of david or a cross and we call it 'faith'

I call them both deluded.
    Well a swastika in almost all cases is worn as a symbol of hate and has nothing to do with religion. A person wearing that is doing it to make a statement, not at all the same thing.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

I had a coworker who was Iranian. Way over qualified for his job. He also worked two jobs. Absolute madman. This was in Oklahoma. He loved hunting and fishing and was a super nice guy who always wanted to know how he could be helpful. He was not a very observant muslim, like most christians. He was always trying to come up with scientific explanations of why halal preparation of deer he hunted made better meat though. XD
    While you live, shine / Have no grief at all / Life exists only for a short while / And time demands its toll.