Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Hextor View Post
    Marriage, scarier than prison.
    Much much scarier.
    I mean I see people who get married ( and hold a ceremony) either want to prove others who thought no one will ever sleep with them wrong or tell everyone that they should keep their hands of their spouse.

Quote Originally Posted by Daelak View Post
    Raybourne is trolling. The fact that there are now a variety of family structures and better outcomes show that his opinion is false.
    Oh right I'm sorry, single mothers are so superior. I forgot.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lonely zergling View Post
    Nah, I prefer living a non religious way.
    and not be married. Sounds like a real dismal existence.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Xirrohon View Post
    Theres no reason for young people to get married. There is almost no time that a man should ever get married.

- - - Updated - - -

Tell that to Steph Curry. His wife was huge a distraction.
    Back to back MVP and NBA champion.
    His wife's support really helped him.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    and not be married. Sounds like a real dismal existence.
    I'd rather chug a mug of my own diarrhea than get married. I'll be turning 40 soon. Vsec at 20 and never asked a girl to marry me. So no kids and no nagging. I don't have to adjust my schedule for anyone. I just go and do wtf I want when the f I feel like it.

A few girls have wanted to "move forward in our relationship" or " take it to the next level" (or some other stupid cliche) from time to time over the past couple of decades. That was when I dumped them. Sex can always be found somewhere else. I don't need it to be with the same person from now until I'm dead.

Kind of pissed my parents off, I'll say. They are both a bit more religious than me and had visions of grandkids at Christmas and other such cliched crap. Eventually I had to lay down the law and told them if they kept asking if I had a serious girlfriend and if we were talking about getting married, that my future calls and visits to them would be few and far between. To their credit, they got the message.

Tennisace, there's nothing dismal about it. I'm a very happy, well-off person. I have a well-paying job, own my own home, and as I said before I do what I please when I please. Not everybody wants the Ozzie & Harriet/Leave It to Beaver nonsense.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Berengil View Post
    I'd rather chug a mug of my own diarrhea than get married. I'll be turning 40 soon. Vsec at 20 and never asked a girl to marry me. So no kids and no nagging. I don't have to adjust my schedule for anyone. I just go and do wtf I want when the f I feel like it.

A few girls have wanted to "move forward in our relationship" or " take it to the next level" (or some other stupid cliche) from time to time over the past couple of decades. That was when I dumped them. Sex can always be found somewhere else. I don't need it to be with the same person from now until I'm dead.

Kind of pissed my parents off, I'll say. They are both a bit more religious than me and had visions of grandkids at Christmas and other such cliched crap. Eventually I had to lay down the law and told them if they kept asking if I had a serious girlfriend and if we were talking about getting married, that my future calls and visits to them would be few and far between. To their credit, they got the message.

Tennisace, there's nothing dismal about it. I'm a very happy, well-off person. I have a well-paying job, own my own home, and as I said before I do what I please when I please. Not everybody wants the Ozzie & Harriet/Leave It to Beaver nonsense.
    That's brutal dude. You're with with no kids and not married? I mean sure you can probably scratch together an existence but a normal man would be much more content with a wife and kids to support him.

10+ Year Old Account
    That's brutal dude. You're with with no kids and not married? I mean sure you can probably scratch together an existence but a normal man would be much more content with a wife and kids to support him.
    I don't think a "normal man's" perspective matters, when it comes to individuals.
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.
    Thanks for the avatar goes to Carbot Animations and Sy.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hextor View Post
    Marriage, scarier than prison.
    That's a great interpretation, ever thought about going into politics?

7+ Year Old Account
    Scratch together? Are you joking? If you look at my profile info, I'm a butcher. Do you have any idea what butchers make after gaining years of experience? I own 2 cars, and have a 3bedroom/2 bathroom house all to myself. And when my parents die, 3 more cars, a paid off house, and 2 acres of land. For rural West Tennessee, that's out-fckng-standing. Trust me.

As for content, L. O. L.

Seriously, right now I'm the happiest, most well-off, most content I've ever been in my 40 years. And as far as " supporting me"... no thanks. I can take care of myself. But you know the best parts of this?

I can bang a different girl whenever I feel like it. None of this " keep thee only unto her" like my dad has to.

AND

As a self-sufficient adult with no close personal attachments, the only person whose opinion about my life matters is mine.

Now if someone else wants the whole wife/kids/house in the suburbs thing, have at it. That's freedom after all.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Powerogue View Post
    I'd argue it's more general "thinking about your future" rather than being specifically a marriage thing.
    Thinking about marriage. Ain't no other reason to straighten up for many.

why would any sane Guy ever marry and risk losing everything for a stupid Bitch ?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jasdasm View Post
    why would any sane Guy ever marry and risk losing everything for a stupid Bitch ?
    Because some guys are more fun at parties than some others.
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by May90 View Post
    Because some guys are more fun at parties than some others.
    Uh, I'm trying understand how this addresses his point about not risking half his stuff on divorce.

I'm not joking, I don't understand how what you said applies to what he said.

10+ Year Old Account
    Uh, I'm trying understand how this addresses his point about not risking half his stuff on divorce.

I'm not joking, I don't understand how what you said applies to what he said.
    Because if you see the risks in every action you take (and there are risks in every action you take) and choose to not take that action because of those risks, then you might as well just never leave your house, because the world is so scary and dangerous!

7+ Year Old Account
    Because if you see the risks in every action you take (and there are risks in every action you take) and choose to not take that action because of those risks, then you might as well just never leave your house, because the world is so scary and dangerous!
    Ahh, gotcha. I suppose ( since I happen to agree with him) it's not the fact that there's a risk, it's the type of risk.

Like, if the risk of something is death, who gives a f? You'll be dead and you won't care. OTOH, if the risk is months or years of legal bullsht AND losing half of everything you own, no thanks. Not to mention you spent a certain amount of time not allowed to f anyone but the woman who just ripped you off.

Again, for me, it's not that there's a risk involved, but rather the type of risk.

10+ Year Old Account
    Why are so many pointless studies with obvious conclusions done in modern sociology?
    Distraction. Something to get paid for. It's about all I can guess, lol

- - - Updated - - -

In a world of 7 billion people, countless cultures, and ways of life, there is no normal.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by jasdasm View Post
    Because not all women are stupid bitches. Unless you believe the women in your bloodline are also stupid bitches?
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ahh, gotcha. I suppose ( since I happen to agree with him) it's not the fact that there's a risk, it's the type of risk.

Like, if the risk of something is death, who gives a f? You'll be dead and you won't care. OTOH, if the risk is months or years of legal bullsht AND losing half of everything you own, no thanks. Not to mention you spent a certain amount of time not allowed to f anyone but the woman who just ripped you off.

Again, for me, it's not that there's a risk involved, but rather the type of risk.
    Yes, but, I mean, when you, for example, go for a walk, there is a risk you will be apprehended by Somalian slavers and sent to Somalia to work as a slave for 30 years. Surely it is worse? And yet it doesn't prevent you from going for a walk, because you are confident in your ability to stay safe and make wise decisions.

It is the same thing here.

Scratch together? Are you joking? If you look at my profile info, I'm a butcher. Do you have any idea what butchers make after gaining years of experience? I own 2 cars, and have a 3bedroom/2 bathroom house all to myself. And when my parents die, 3 more cars, a paid off house, and 2 acres of land. For rural West Tennessee, that's out-fckng-standing. Trust me.

As for content, L. O. L.

Seriously, right now I'm the happiest, most well-off, most content I've ever been in my 40 years. And as far as " supporting me"... no thanks. I can take care of myself. But you know the best parts of this?

I can bang a different girl whenever I feel like it. None of this " keep thee only unto her" like my dad has to.

AND

As a self-sufficient adult with no close personal attachments, the only person whose opinion about my life matters is mine.

Now if someone else wants the whole wife/kids/house in the suburbs thing, have at it. That's freedom after all.
    Glad you're happy with it now, but I do have a question to ask. What about when you're 60+, and now notice you have no one around you, since you only ever cared about yourself and personal wealth in the past?
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    True, I was just bored and tired but you are correct.

Last edited by Thwart; Today at 05:21 PM. Reason: Infracted for flaming
    Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    millennials were the kids of the 9/11 survivors.

7+ Year Old Account
    Yes, but, I mean, when you, for example, go for a walk, there is a risk you will be apprehended by Somalian slavers and sent to Somalia to work as a slave for 30 years. Surely it is worse? And yet it doesn't prevent you from going for a walk, because you are confident in your ability to stay safe and make wise decisions.

It is the same thing here.
    Not really. I mean, I suppose it depends where you live but I'm sure there's a good deal fewer Somali pirates than there are bat-shit women. I myself will likely never even be in the same state as a Somali pirate, but if I'm in the room with more than two women, there's a good chance one of them is bat-shit.

Quote Originally Posted by Linadra View Post
    Glad you're happy with it now, but I do have a question to ask. What about when you're 60+, and now notice you have no one around you, since you only ever cared about yourself and personal wealth in the past?
    Well that's a bit of a stretch. You're implying by focus on one's personal happiness that somehow they're being "selfish"? Sorry, but that's garbage think. As far as when you're 60, well, that's when you find someone to hang with in a more persistent manner, as you're not likely to be out banging anyhow.
    Last edited by Mistame; 2016-07-29 at 08:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Raybourne View Post
    Too bad family values are so not-progressive and single moms are the new beacons of progress.
    At least I still have consistency in life. The first post of a new thread is always some troll with their drama bait bullshit. Stay classy agoraphobic nerds.

Very good study, I like it.