Page 12 of 20 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Dankdruid View Post
    thank you.
    I've heard durids have pretty thick skulls.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Storm the Sorrow View Post
    that was thick hide but maybe the permanent skull bashing did some lasting dmg

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by CptKnusper View Post
    salt is what keeps your brain working. just saying. competence can be through the roof but if the framework that competence has to work with is underdeveloped you will shine against everyone working with the same framework but you will still fall behind mostly everyone.

To use a different analogy, imagine you are Usain Bolt and you take part in the 100 meter finals. You start with everyone else on the same line allowing you to shine. Now imagine you have to start 20 meters behind everyone else. Do you still win or dominate the race? No you don´t you come in 4th or 5th place.
    Quote Originally Posted by Storm the Sorrow View Post
    Sorry but your opinions on Ret pally does determine what me or others are going to think of it.

It's the same thing every expansion from the ret community, except maybe WotLK but even then the sky was falling after the nerf early on.

In reality "senior" rets aren't reliable. Most just look for an excuse to complain. OMG we're so bad! Horrible! BLizzard hates us! Insert salt filled witty remark here.
    The rets worth listening to are the ones who look how to make the current setup work. They deal with what we're given yet still lobby for fixes and buffs without being idiots about it.

Current ret is fine. It's not some amazing best spec ever but it works. Good players learn to adapt and move foward despite the flaws. Bad players spend time comming up with witty complaints.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by SonicTMP View Post
    It's the same thing every expansion from the ret community, except maybe WotLK but even then the sky was falling after the nerf early on.
    Please check what we complained about and then check were we usually ended up in terms of dmg. Mostly as the worst dmg class (note class not spec big difference) switching place with shadows most of the time.

In reality "senior" rets aren't reliable. Most just look for an excuse to complain. OMG we're so bad! Horrible! BLizzard hates us! Insert salt filled witty remark here.
    We as a community (well at least me) got more salty with each and every time blizzard failed to deliver on our core issues like scaleing beyond haste...

The rets worth listening to are the ones who look how to make the current setup work. They deal with what we're given yet still lobby for fixes and buffs without being idiots about it.
    That would be most of the same you consider unworthy listening to. Most of us complain heavily here but still try to get ret to work. In my case by doing more work on my ret than most of my fellow raiders in terms of preparation.

Current ret is fine. It's not some amazing best spec ever but it works. Good players learn to adapt and move foward despite the flaws. Bad players spend time comming up with witty complaints.
    We are ok at an initial level but fall behind quickly once gear starts to pick up. We can adapt all we want but we won´t be able to compensate class mechanics

Deleted

nailed it.

15+ Year Old Account
    Sorry but your opinions on Ret pally does determine what me or others are going to think of it.

You have lets say 5 melee spots for mythic raiding (might be less due to ranged being better in general) and you have to choose between warrior,dk,shaman,dh,rogue,paladin,monk and druid. Assuming equal skill, which ones do you pick and which ones you bench?
    Last edited by marinos; 2016-08-22 at 08:17 PM. Reason: forgot druid

Sorry but I'm not following on this one.
    Is that supposed to make sense?

Do any of these rankings account for Blessing of Might x3? 3% of the three top dps in a raid is pretty substantial; it could amount to ~20k dps easily.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by protip View Post
    Do any of these rankings account for Blessing of Might x3? 3% of the three top dps in a raid is pretty substantial; it could amount to ~20k dps easily.
    not sure but it shouldn´t be since it is not the ret doing the dmg but the other dd.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by marinos View Post
    You have lets say 5 melee spots for mythic raiding (might be less due to ranged being better in general) and you have to choose between warrior,dk,shaman,dh,rogue,paladin,monk and druid. Assuming equal skill, which ones do you pick and which ones you bench?
    i am not here to discuss raid setups..wtf lol.

Ret pally is fun at the moment.

15+ Year Old Account
    i am not here to discuss raid setups..wtf lol.

Ret pally is fun at the moment.
    You said that ret is fine when played by competent players and I'm asking you,if ret is fine,would you take them over the classes I posted above?

not sure but it shouldn´t be since it is not the ret doing the dmg but the other dd.
    It counts as your damage in logs. So if you buff the highest dps in your raid that damage will count as yours when you analyze logs. Which, in a mythic raiding guild is what matters.

- - - Updated - - -

that was thick hide but maybe the permanent skull bashing did some lasting dmg
    Lol that was pretty good.
    Last edited by Taeldorian; 2016-08-22 at 08:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ciric-Wildhammer View Post
    Should make it where you can't stack GBoW on a player and make it 2%-3% hp and mana every 5 second. Maybe 3 of each blessings instead of just 3 total.
    I can already see Arcane Mages forming their own "ranking" groups for late game.
    "LFM Mythic XXXX Need Ret Paladins."
    Stacking GBoM and GBoW on a single mage for infinite mana and damage procs, damage procs obviously counts to rets but more buffs on 1 thing = higher overall damage. Or maybe you'd go 3 Arcane Mages and 9 rets.
    9thorder.com | Recruiting exceptional players!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by marinos View Post
    You said that ret is fine when played by competent players and I'm asking you,if ret is fine,would you take them over the classes I posted above?
    lol wtf come on are you serious?

if there is a ret pally doing 300k dps and a death knight doing 280k dps, the ret pally obviously knows the class well and can perform well in raids.

Raid bosses are more then just about who can do the most dps on a target dummy. i raid mythic but i can understand with the sort of questions you are asking that it would be different in the LFR setup you are used to.

15+ Year Old Account
    Skada has also been updated to count GBoM as ret's dmg (it might miss a couple procs,mostly from lock pets).

Deleted
    Ret is pretty fun it its current state.

a nice mix of styles with some synergy. def worth looking for a solid ret to fill a raid spot in legion.

10+ Year Old Account
    Are we that terrible? It's disheartening. I've always loved playing paladin but I won't survive another Cata paladin.

Is there still hope or are we basically screwed?
    Google Diversity Memo
    Learn to use critical thinking: https://youtu.be/J5A5o9I7rnA

Political left, right similarly motivated to avoid rival views
    [...] we have an intolerance for ideas and evidence that don’t fit a certain ideology. I’m also not saying that we should restrict people to certain gender roles; I’m advocating for quite the opposite: treat people as individuals, not as just another member of their group (tribalism)..

Quote Originally Posted by BloodElf4Life View Post
    Are we that terrible? It's disheartening. I've always loved playing paladin but I won't survive another Cata paladin.

Is there still hope or are we basically screwed?
    Its not as bad as Cata. Not really even close. It depends on what you plan on doing though. Ive been holy since I started though which was in late BC, so I cant speak much about anything aside from that, but my OS has been ret since then as well and ret during cata made me wanna gag every time I switched to it.

A lot of people find the playstyle fun and a lot dislike it, that part is up to you. As for the actual dps, were lacking a bit behind. Im not really sure whats going on with this whole buff/nerf cycle, but Im going to wait until the first tier of raiding actually starts (aka Emerald Nightmare} before I even begin to accurately judge anything. Sims arent updated, beta numbers are really weird atm, and Noxxic charts are being thrown around like crazy which are extremely inaccurate.

Basically, the answer to that is no. We arent basically screwed, unless you pvp, then youre basically screwed unless you go prot or holy. Liking or disliking the playstyle ret currently has is subjective, so you have to decide if you like it or not. Nobody can tell you to like it and vice versa. Our damage needs to be buffed for sure though.

@marinos Realistically, none of the melee classes really bring any utility that healers and tanks cant bring. Rshamans bring more utility than both enh and ele combined, but ele is topping enh right now so why would you take enh when you can just bring an ele. In all honesty, when you compare what melee to bring you mainly look at numbers and hardly look at utility because most melee dps dont really bring anything anymore.
    Last edited by Taeldorian; 2016-08-22 at 08:55 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    lol wtf come on are you serious?

if there is a ret pally doing 300k dps and a death knight doing 280k dps, the ret pally obviously knows the class well and can perform well in raids.

Raid bosses are more then just about who can do the most dps on a target dummy. i raid mythic but i can understand with the sort of questions you are asking that it would be different in the LFR setup you are used to.

Sorry to disappoint you,I dont do LFR but it's ok you must be new around here. Instead of answering my question you resort at tries to insult me by calling me an lfr player.
    You also need to read better what I wrote,equal skill among the dps classes. If your ret does more dps than your dk then something is wrong with the dk.
    Its true that mythic raiding is more than plain dps numbers, its about utility too which well ret doesnt have.