Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    Arena Tournament did this and it was great. That's probably why it'll be another 5 years minimum before it's implemented (if ever).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    CDs should be disabled during a duel. Fight with skill.
    lol

As for the OP the only way this could make sense is if it resets at the END of a duel, only if the duel was ended by reducing one of the players to 1hp(ie. not range, /forfeit), and only if the participants are similar in level. Would probably need some other limiting factor like only 5minute CDs or less or something.

Pandaren were a mistake

Quote Originally Posted by Ouch View Post
    You can already do that...... Queue for skrimish. Leave the match.
    Really? Hmmmmmmmmmmmm

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hallebarry View Post
    It's been widely known and used. It's not exploiting anything
    It's not abused and it's such a small thing.
    It's pretty clear that you don't understand the meaning of words like "exploit" and "abuse"

Just because something is done often and/or by many people in way makes something legitimate. People jumping into skirmishes just to reset their long CDs is a very clear exploitation of the feature because it's obvious (to anyone with any thinking capability) that it was never intended for this purpose. And it's annoying to those who are wanting to actually skirmish to have other people doing this.

Bloodlusting before Tyrant and then resetting her is also technically an exploit. True, it's hardly a big deal, hence why nothing has ever been done about it.

The point is this. If people end up ever using duels as a means to reset their CDs then it would mean there is a problem with it. It doesn't matter whether you think that what they are using it for is ok or not - which is silly anyway since there is no way you could even predict all the ways in which it might get abused. This discussion shouldn't be about whether it would be "nice" to use all your cds for every duel, or whether xyz is sufficient abuse to warrant some kind of concern. It should be about whether those cds have a reason in the first place. And if they do, then it simply doesn't make sense to allow them to be reset for something as whimsical as dueling.

Quote Originally Posted by Redroniksre View Post
    Very easily. Want maximum uptime in PvE? Pop cooldowns, duel, friend/opponent leaves or forfeits, repeat.
    Can't initiate duels while you or whoever you're trying to duel is in combat. And the time it would take for day a hunter to feign death and a rogue to vanish and avoid any aoe while trying to initiate a mid world boss duel would a massive dps loss. Of course dueling is disabled in instances so it isn't even a problem there.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

Quote Originally Posted by Raelbo View Post
    It's pretty clear that you don't understand the meaning of words like "exploit" and "abuse"

Just because something is done often and/or by many people in way makes something legitimate. People jumping into skirmishes just to reset their long CDs is a very clear exploitation of the feature because it's obvious (to anyone with any thinking capability) that it was never intended for this purpose. And it's annoying to those who are wanting to actually skirmish to have other people doing this.

Bloodlusting before Tyrant and then resetting her is also technically an exploit. True, it's hardly a big deal, hence why nothing has ever been done about it.

The point is this. If people end up ever using duels as a means to reset their CDs then it would mean there is a problem with it. It doesn't matter whether you think that what they are using it for is ok or not - which is silly anyway since there is no way you could even predict all the ways in which it might get abused. This discussion shouldn't be about whether it would be "nice" to use all your cds for every duel, or whether xyz is sufficient abuse to warrant some kind of concern. It should be about whether those cds have a reason in the first place. And if they do, then it simply doesn't make sense to allow them to be reset for something as whimsical as dueling.
    These methods have been in the game for an extended period of time. If there was a problem with it, it would have been fixed.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    These methods have been in the game for an extended period of time. If there was a problem with it, it would have been fixed.
    The inability to reset CDs for duels has been in the game for an extended period of time. If they didn't think it would be abused it would have been fixed.

The inability to reset CDs for duels has been in the game for an extended period of time. If they didn't think it would be abused it would have been fixed.
    Just because it hasn't been implimented doesn't mean it's because they think it can be abused. That's a horrible argument.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Just because it hasn't been implimented doesn't mean it's because they think it can be abused. That's a horrible argument.
    I realise it's a terrible argument. Note that it is exactly the same argument as you made that I replied to, hence why I used. QED

I realise it's a terrible argument. Note that it is exactly the same argument as you made that I replied to, hence why I used. QED
    It's not even close to the same argument. I'm saying that they already have CD resetting mechanics in the game so they might as well just capitalize on it and introduce it somewhere useful.

Bosses, skirmishes, dying all reset your cooldowns. Not a single one of those are being abused poorly.

The only thing this would do would bring a huge QoL improvement to th duelling community (which is huge).

Quote Originally Posted by Uoyredrum View Post
    Arena Tournament did this and it was great. That's probably why it'll be another 5 years minimum before it's implemented (if ever).
    more likely implemented soon, BUT with some completely non-sense settings like resets only XYZ spells but not ABC and 5 conditions on top, blizzard is too lazy to go full-measures on anything